Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRAIG BELLAMY DOES NOT WANT "

Tue May 31, 2011 5:09 pm

" CRAIG BELLAMY DOES NOT WANT "

Craig Bellamy has spoken to the Malaysians about a player coaching role, he was really honoured to be asked, But at this time Bells has told the Malaysians he wants to concentrate on playing football for one more season, but does not rule the coaching job out for the future.

Bells desperately wants the Malaysians to finalise a deal with Man City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " CRAIG BELLAMY DOES NOT WANT "

Tue May 31, 2011 5:10 pm

Correct choice in my view. He still has a season or two left in him yet and still hasn't got all his coaching badges.

Tue May 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Thank God.

I thought he would have been a wrong choice. Let him play his football.

Tue May 31, 2011 5:14 pm

Correct decision hopefully they get a manager now not burton ffs

Tue May 31, 2011 5:15 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Correct choice in my view. He still has a season or two left in him yet and still hasn't got all his coaching badges.

Lets us just get Bellers back here,get a new manager,and start to sort out the squad for next season asap. :ayatollah:

Bellers has just got 1 or 2 badges to get,can get them done over the next season :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Great news. While I'm not against Bellamy coaching for us in the future, I really feel he has at least one more season in the tank on the pitch. Here's hoping that a deal can be struck with Man City, as he will be a huge part of our team next season if he comes back :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Good decision Craig.

:ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:19 pm

To soon for coaching i think got another 2 or 3 good years in him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:To soon for coaching i think got another 2 or 3 good years in him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i think that to he prob got more life in him than chopra :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Wise decision for both himself and the club - he has more to give on the pitch than off at present

He will motivate players as captain role

lets hope the clubsort it that he stays at cardiff and they build up a solid team

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:25 pm

I think this will encourage any potential managerial candidates because some might want him as a player but not as a staff member. I think Craig has made the right decision though.

Tue May 31, 2011 5:27 pm

good news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:28 pm

fairplay.good decision i feel :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:54 pm

The correct decision in my view.

Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Fair enough if thats what he wants :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Didn't he have a loan at Celtic when Martin O'Neill was manager, they both got on OK as well hmmmmmmmm interesting. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 6:01 pm

Good for him, I hope the new manager works with him on the setup of the team if he is still here.

Tue May 31, 2011 6:29 pm

Good if true that makes a lot of sense,I found it odd Craig being linked with a managers roll at city it is to early for him.

Hope to see Craig playing for us next season I thought his commitment to the club was and is second to nobody.

Bring back captain fantastic the man is a god just brilliant

Tue May 31, 2011 7:11 pm

Bells desperately wants the Malaysians to finalise a deal with Man City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

And me :lol:

I always felt that Bellamy in a coaching role was a non starter, IF he comes back then we need him on the field. :ayatollah:

Question though...Can we afford Bellamy and a top manager? Or is it a case of if we get Bellamy back on loan we have to cut the budget for a manger and promote from within the club.

Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 pm

Legend, Bellers, just build a team around him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 7:33 pm

good news, especially if roy keane became our manager. there be golf clubs all over the place :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 8:48 pm

The man is enough our leader on the pitch at the moment, lets not over due it until he's ready. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 9:39 pm

BradSK wrote:Great news. While I'm not against Bellamy coaching for us in the future, I really feel he has at least one more season in the tank on the pitch. Here's hoping that a deal can be struck with Man City, as he will be a huge part of our team next season if he comes back :ayatollah:

I think we can get him from Man City for nought, Mancini obviously has no plans for Bellamy, they won't want to pay the wages for another season, I believe Craig don't want to go anywhere else, they will take the hit and get him off the books. Everyone's happy.

Tue May 31, 2011 10:15 pm

We need to move heaven and earth to get Bellamy back it his passion and drive along with a new Manager who can foster a team spirit and gel the playing squad that can take us all the way to the Premiership :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 10:19 pm

Just be happy if he comes back! Already a City Legend!

Tue May 31, 2011 10:54 pm

I will be so happy if Bellers plays for us next season. His passion and commitment will drive this club forward. The main thing is that Bellers wants to play for us next season so I just hope a deal can be agreed with the club and Man City. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 am

I never thought he wanted the job to be honest.
He said a couple of months ago that when he retires he will take 2 years out and then appear coaching at a random lower league club to learn his trade.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Good on Bellamy i say :ayatollah:

I can however one day see him taking charge and i look forward to that day :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:05 pm

welshdougie wrote:Good on Bellamy i say :ayatollah:

I can however one day see him taking charge and i look forward to that day :ayatollah:

I agree concentrate on playing for now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: