Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Worst 11 players to play for dave Jones ?

Tue May 31, 2011 8:02 pm

andrea ferretti, luigi glombard, chris riggott, bywater (needs a double mention)

Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

enckleman
eddie johnson
kelvin etuthu
robbie fowler

lee naylor by far the worst signing ever!

Tue May 31, 2011 8:09 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:andrea ferretti, luigi glombard, chris riggott, bywater (needs a double mention)

Riggott was absolute quality and looked a different class in our 2-0 home win against Coventry. He wasn't even 100% fit but stepped in with ease. How you can say he was one of our worst players under Jones' reign is mystifying, it wasn't his fault he got injured! :roll:

Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:andrea ferretti, luigi glombard, chris riggott, bywater (needs a double mention)

Riggott was absolute quality and looked a different class in our 2-0 home win against Coventry. He wasn't even 100% fit but stepped in with ease. How you can say he was one of our worst players under Jones' reign is mystifying, it wasn't his fault he got injured! :roll:

Agree, he looked very good. Huge shame when he got injured and we had to let him go - I don't think he could be bothered to build up his fitness all the way up again.

Keinan is probably a better signing with regards to fitness even though we paid for him and Riggott was a free. Would've been nice to have the two of them :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 9:45 pm

I agree that i dont think Riggott should be there, or Dennehy for that matter as i cant remember him being given a chance.

Naylor & Bywater defo equal worst , was never a fan of Capaldi, James Chambers, Kevin Cooper, And of course DAVE!! How could we forget him

Tue May 31, 2011 9:48 pm

i say again, chris riggott

Tue May 31, 2011 10:11 pm

Warner/enkleman

darlington
Neil cox
dennehy
Comminges

Mulryne
Etuhu
Drinkwater
Flood

Eddie Johnson
Feeney/Ricketts

Tue May 31, 2011 10:22 pm

gavin rae does not deserve to be in such a list. capaldi is another that did ok until injuries and dj took their toll on his confidence

feeney or byrne for me, cant decide who was worse

Tue May 31, 2011 10:23 pm

John
parkin
naylor
bywater
cox
feeney
forde
matt green
glombard
sinclair
flood

Tue May 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Oakes

Naylor
Dennehy
Wright
Comminges

Mulryne
Kamara
McKoy
Taiwo

Dave
Glombard

Tue May 31, 2011 10:47 pm

I disagree on people saying Gyepes, Rae and Parkin are in the worst 11. Personally, Gyepes and Parkin could still do well for us I reckon.

Miguel Comminges, Solomon Taiwo and Lee Naylor have to be in that worst 11!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:06 am

Some on these lists are mind boggling.

Darren Dennehy never played, so how can you include him in the worst 11?

Gyepes has always given his all, and overall has been decent. His first season in particular was very good.

Capaldi was decent, bit injuries and Jones ruined him.

Gavin Rae is one of not many that has always given his all for the shirt, and was very good in his early days.

I don't personally think Trevor Sinclair was that bad. Okay, probably not worth the wages we paid, but still provided decent service from the right and always gave his all it seemed.

How anyone can include Andrea Ferretti in their list is beyond me. One of the most promising strikers ice seen down the city. His touch and off the ball movement was first class in the little game tome he had. Another ruined by Jones.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 am

has everyone forgotten about konstantopoulis (or however you spell it) ?! surely the worst signing, cost us the play-offs that season

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:51 am

AlexBennett wrote:has everyone forgotten about konstantopoulis (or however you spell it) ?! surely the worst signing, cost us the play-offs that season

Yes he was cr*p-think everyones forgotten about him

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:32 pm

You forgot Lee Naylor and that scumbag JLS.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Those who say Byewater are saying that because his contribution to the play-offs defeats is still fresh in the memory and the wound is still healing.

He was like Neville Southall compared to that Greek calamity who single handedly cost us the play-offs 3 seasons ago when we missed it by a goal. Dimi Konstantopoulos' blunders at both Norwich and Wolves in his short time here were so bad you couldn't believe what you saw.

Certainly Jones' worst ever keeper and arguably his worst ever loan.