Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Saundersfoot advice

Tue May 31, 2011 8:30 pm

Non football this one but Im taking the family down to Saundersfoot to sample the delights of Oakwood Park and as we are staying overnight would appreciate any reccommended family eating places, obviously with a bar and preferably no JBs. :ayatollah:

Re: Saundersfoot advice

Tue May 31, 2011 8:33 pm

Are you staying overnight, if so, where are you staying, when are you coming, how many is in your party and what ages? :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 pm

We will be down on Thursday, me, the better half and two still depressed kids. We are in a guest house on the High Street. :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 8:39 pm

Should have added the kids are 12 (twins)

Tue May 31, 2011 8:49 pm

GJ71 wrote:We will be down on Thursday, me, the better half and two still depressed kids. We are in a guest house on the High Street. :ayatollah:

Well first off, I can't promise there'll be no JB's, as I saw one vehicle in Kilgetty today, with one of their play off final flags waving outside the Coop! :twisted:

If you don't want to drive anywhere and want to restrict yourself to S'foot, then there are many pubs, which are very similar and you'll pay slightly more than the surrounding villages!

If you pre-book your visit to Oakwood, then you'll save £2 per person, if you book your tickets before midnight, on the day of your visit! http://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/tickets/

If you want to go for a nice chinese or Indian meal, then pm me and I'll recommend the appropriate places! :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 8:50 pm

The kookabra up the hill is a great place to eat, and a few good pubs around. small pub the chemist on the beach is good. If you go to the Hean, drink from a bottle! Used to do their cellar work, and would never drink a pint from there.

When you go to oakwood there is a place next to it called CC2000 (bowling), and down the road next to that a pub called the Snooty Fox which is very nice, and close. If you want to go a bit further, follow the sign to Lawrenny and there is a camp site and small marina with a great pub Lawrenny arms (or Dog House). better on a nice day, and on the way back you can get a pint of fire water from the Quay!!! Possible I'll be in one of these over the weekend :P

Any other advice just ask !!!

Tue May 31, 2011 8:54 pm

You may save yourself a few more pennies on entry to Oakwood, if you use this site:-

http://www.smartsave.com/uk/days-out/oakwood-theme-park

Tue May 31, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks for the advice, we will most prob have some pub grub/pasta as the girls not too keen on an Indian. Tickets already booked for Oakwood. Roll on next season get this one out of the system. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 9:32 pm

the old chemist down the strand is a good eating place with a bar and beer garden overlooking the beach
failing that there is the mulberry a fine eating establishment, but can be pricey
or you could walk around to the cambrian hotel they do meals for walkins and high std of food

many other places on par with each other
the captains wife
the hean castle
the royal oak
a indian

Tue May 31, 2011 9:34 pm

As Western Blue said, Kookabar in High Street has a very good reputation http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant ... Wales.html, but if the girls don't like Indian food, there's a lovely Chinese restaurant in Pentlepoir (far better than the one in S'foot), which is opposite the turning to S'foot and which used to be called the Fountain's Head! :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 9:41 pm

my X sister-in-law owns the restaraunt (the pirate) on amroth beach for nice home cooking :)

Tue May 31, 2011 10:39 pm

GJ71 wrote:Non football this one but Im taking the family down to Saundersfoot to sample the delights of Oakwood Park and as we are staying overnight would appreciate any reccommended family eating places, obviously with a bar and preferably no JBs. :ayatollah:

The Mermaid restaurant overlooking the beach in Saundersfoot is very good I have heard.

Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 pm

jaybothroyd wrote:
GJ71 wrote:Non football this one but Im taking the family down to Saundersfoot to sample the delights of Oakwood Park and as we are staying overnight would appreciate any reccommended family eating places, obviously with a bar and preferably no JBs. :ayatollah:

The Mermaid restaurant overlooking the beach in Saundersfoot is very good I have heard.

on the slipway going down to the beach at the end of the strand, above the gift/beach shop. avarage cafe food frozen fish portions and par-boiled chips last time i was there.