Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Thought about the play-offs...

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:02 am

Why do the play-off winner who finished 3rd-6th get a trophy for winning the playoffs when the team that finish 2nd get f**k all ? :lol: Just wondering like :ayatollah:

Re: Thought about the play-offs...

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:12 am

Hahaha, that's really weird because I was thinking that this weekend as well. 2nd place must get something surely!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:18 am

because the playoff winner has to play in Wembley which is horrible as it's in Ingerland like. Playing that 1 big game in Wembley is so hard. On the tube, can't breathe due to cockneys taking in all the polluted air. Then you have to walk up Wembley way surrounded by other ingurlish people all sneering at you and hoping you fail wearing their lacoste gear going to work on teh Market stalls in Peckham to make some dollar for the old nagging bag indoors.

people seriously underestimate how much of a struggle the playoff final is tbh.

2nd is a lot easier, after all, all they did was gain more points over 46 games than the teams below them. They don't really deserve a trophy for that do they? :roll:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:20 am

Somthing else i dont understand is why do team who wins the play offs get more cash than the team that finishes 1st?

Unless i am wrong?

The way i see it is 1st place get the most, 2nd get just a lower sum of money, and 3rd place get lower again. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:39 am

I think your'll find Norwich did get a trophy mate

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:45 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 479571.stm

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:12 am

What a shit trophy! :P