Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PHIL DWYER NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 am

Many of you will know that Ive spent the last few months ghostwriting Phil Dwyers autobiography (which will be released Aug/Sept). We were hoping to get a colour picture of Phil in the famous 1970's City kit (the one with the white and yellow stripe) but unfortunately we havent been able to find one anywhere. If you do happen to have a picture like this in your possession, or know where we could get one please let me know! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: PHIL DWYER NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Many of you will know that Ive spent the last few months ghostwriting Phil Dwyers autobiography (which will be released Aug/Sept). We were hoping to get a colour picture of Phil in the famous 1970's City kit (the one with the white and yellow stripe) but unfortunately we havent been able to find one anywhere. If you do happen to have a picture like this in your possession, or know where we could get one please let me know! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

let me check some old progs and have a look , but Im guessing they will be black and white only tho :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:25 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Many of you will know that Ive spent the last few months ghostwriting Phil Dwyers autobiography (which will be released Aug/Sept). We were hoping to get a colour picture of Phil in the famous 1970's City kit (the one with the white and yellow stripe) but unfortunately we havent been able to find one anywhere. If you do happen to have a picture like this in your possession, or know where we could get one please let me know! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

let me check some old progs and have a look , but Im guessing they will be black and white only tho :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Martyn, Yes this is a bit of a struggle.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:27 am

I used to have a 1976/77 colour team photo taken infront of the Canton Stand ...... I will search through my old stuff to see if I can find anything .

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 am

WM and Echo archives?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:06 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:WM and Echo archives?

yes there as to be one there .... surely!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:12 am

Hi guys! Thanks for having a look, would be much appreciated as Phil and I think it would be great to have a colour picture of him in this iconic strip on the cover! We've checked the echo archives, and with the football club and no one has a picture of him wearing the kit in colour! At the moment we have a good black and white picture of him wearing the old plain blue kit for the cover, which looks great but obviously the stripe kit is the one everyone remembers fondly from the 70's!

Thanks again! Fingers crossed some one has one somewhere :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: