Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE NEXT MANAGER

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:27 am

whoever he is GOD HELP HIM,has a massive job and thats why i don't believe he'll be high profile,why would they take it ? Major rebuilding ,maybe as many as ten new signings and the players retained are damaged from years of faliure.and he has to turn this around and win promotion in hi's first season not going to happen sorry.

Re: THE NEXT MANAGER

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 am

since 64 wrote:whoever he is GOD HELP HIM,has a massive job and thats why i don't believe he'll be high profile,why would they take it ? Major rebuilding ,maybe as many as ten new signings and the players retained are damaged from years of faliure.and he has to turn this around and win promotion in hi's first season not going to happen sorry.

I agree, he has a massive Job on his hands.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:30 am

since 64 wrote:whoever he is GOD HELP HIM,has a massive job and thats why i don't believe he'll be high profile,why would they take it ? Major rebuilding ,maybe as many as ten new signings and the players retained are damaged from years of faliure.and he has to turn this around and win promotion in hi's first season not going to happen sorry.

plus he's gonna have his own personal fan club and enemies on here aswell :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:31 am

No point being in the management game if you don't want a challenge!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:36 am

A lot of managers thrive on those "challenges" you've laid out, the chance to begin building a legacy, if the malaysians want promotion like they said i cant see them taking a gamble with millions of their money on an unproven man, not good business sense. I believe the new manager will be someone with very good credentials and highly thought of. MON would be amazing and could see us similar to sven saw leicester!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:22 pm

True,but you can't build a legacy in one season,and unless the owners come out and say their prepared to be patient then i don't think a big name will come here,and i have'nt seen any evidence of this so far.The length of the contract given to the new man will of course determine this.Lets hope they offer O'Neil or someone like him a five year contract then we'll all know they mean business.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:35 pm

I think that the position the club is currently in would attract good managers:
Established championship club,play offs 2 years running, new stadium and training facilities, ambitious board,23,000 crowds,capacity to build his own squad ( DJ saw to that!) and style of play.............. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:37 pm

i think it will be someone under 40...
maybe his first crack at management

maybe someone who has played for us in the not too distant past

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:39 pm

langley wrote:i think it will be someone under 40...
maybe his first crack at management

maybe someone who has played for us in the not too distant past

Joe Ledley :?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:40 pm

maybe not welsh or english or scottish or irish

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:42 pm

langley wrote:maybe not welsh or english or scottish or irish

I know who you mean really, just had 0 experiance with anything coaching wise let alone management, and he has only just finished his badges!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:45 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
langley wrote:maybe not welsh or english or scottish or irish

I know who you mean really, just had 0 experiance with anything coaching wise let alone management, and he has only just finished his badges!

Gypes? :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:45 pm

spot on

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Has he got a long surname?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:01 pm

billy ronson wrote:Has he got a long surname?

i've heard he's got a long cock :?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 pm

since 64 wrote:,why would they take it ? .

Because he would become a Cardiff City legend if he could deliver top flight football here for the first time in 50 YEARS.

I think a lot of managers would love to come here if they got a reasonable wage & some money to rebuild. We have a stadium, academy, training facilities and 23k average attendance in the second tier .

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

heard that too :lol:

i think this player scored a great goal in our cup run?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:32 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

get your money on Leo Fortune West if thats the case :lol: