Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kasper Schmeichel says: "Martin O'Neill"

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:43 am

Friend of mine is away with work in Denmark at present, and turns out he's staying in the same hotel as Kasper Schmeichel.

They were chatting this morning and Kasper has heard that Martin O'Neill looks set for Cardiff too.

Could just be him relaying what he's seen in the bookies or in the media, but thought it may be of interest!

:ayatollah:

Re: Kasper Schmeichel says: "Martin O'Neill"

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:49 am

if that is true then get him to sign Kasper we need a good keeper!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:52 am

Why on earth would Kasper know anything about who O'Neil is signing for? :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:00 pm

No idea - just passing on what i've heard.

To be fair, he's a professional footballer so would probably know more than you or i !

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:02 pm

pauly_gee wrote:No idea - just passing on what i've heard.

To be fair, he's a professional footballer so would probably know more than you or i !

if your in the game you know the ins and outs of whats going on. its the way it is. :ayatollah: hope its true this time

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Certainly hope it's true as it would mean a decent budget for the summer.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Apparently Jose Mourinho is going to be our manager.

He told Lassana Diarra who then told Arsene Wenger in French about the news who himself told Ramsey whilst ordering a Subway (Italian BMT I think) who then phoned his mother on his iPhone 4 he got from the Apple store in London who then told the local butcher who told me.

This could just be porkies but hes usually a reliable source. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Kasper plays with Eric Lichaj who was at Villa when O'Neill was there. It wouldn't be surprising at all if word of mouth has passed between them. Not the most ridiculous of rumours I have to say.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:27 pm

I didn't want to start a 'rumour' on here, just passing on the info from my mate who's in Denmark with work.

Let's hope it has legs though!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:31 pm

pauly_gee wrote:I didn't want to start a 'rumour' on here, just passing on the info from my mate who's in Denmark with work.

Let's hope it has legs though!

Peggy..........?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:34 pm

He's probably just been reading the same newspapers as everybody else and as Cardiff was obviously mentioned by your mate the managers vacancy was a good talking point, just general chit chat IMO.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Kaspers dad peter and M.O'Neil worked together on Match of the Day...CHARRRAGGEEEEEEE ;)

Would love to see Mr Martin O'Neil here at Cardiff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Why is Jasper's Michael staying in a hotel in the country he has a house in?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:00 pm

No idea - however I have a house in Cardiff, and have stayed at St Davids and the Celtic Manor...maybe i'm suspicious too??

:lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:20 pm

very interesting if true...................

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Hmmm notice how Carl and Annis haven't posted on this thread ;)

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:59 pm

For reference, just had another message off my mate to say that the whole team is there as they are playing Iceland in a match soon - Sorensen, Bednar etc...

...and it was Kasper who initiated the conversation about O'Neill when he heard my mate was a Cardiff fan.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:08 pm

pauly_gee wrote:For reference, just had another message off my mate to say that the whole team is there as they are playing Iceland in a match soon - Sorensen, Bednar etc...

...and it was Kasper who initiated the conversation about O'Neill when he heard my mate was a Cardiff fan.

is this the new carl!? maybe there is change at are club!? :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Just arrived back in the UK...

Genuinely had this conversation with Kasper today.

He also said that we must be gutted that ******* are promoted
And also that Cardiff deserve to be in the prem.

Really nice guy.

O'Neil coming here would be incredible. I would love it! I hope Kasper knows something we don't!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:39 pm

welcome home mate.

Let's hope he does know something, and we get get him here asap.

All I want is a manager in as soon as possible so we can start rebuilding the team, because this is going to be a busy summer!!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:33 am

I'm gonna plouge into my own eye balls... if i hear any more dodgy roumers on martin o'neil... :x

and screammm

and then be depressed when i hear we have took on curbishley with his old school tactics :evil: , = this is a modern game forever developing. furgason knows how to workwith that, but even the barca gaffa has outwitted the master with his fresh style and idea's

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:43 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:I'm gonna plouge into my own eye balls... if i hear any more dodgy roumers on martin o'neil... :x

and screammm

and then be depressed when i hear we have took on curbishley with his old school tactics :evil: , = this is a modern game forever developing. furgason knows how to workwith that, but even the barca gaffa has outwitted the master with his fresh style and idea's

nothing new with the barca way of playing....Ajax came up with that in the 70's....hence the barcelona philosophy on football was born in 1988 by johan cruyff....all these youngsters and way of playing is down to him!!