Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I SAID IT 10 DAYS AGO "

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:58 pm

I personally Believe Neil Ardley and Terry Burton will have some say next season, They wanted Bells like I had Said previously but he preferred to continue playing, which I dont blame him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Chris Houghton has Offered himself at £250,000, I wonder if they will offer him the job. Hmm

Re: " I SAID IT 10 DAYS AGO "

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I personally Believe Neil Ardley and Terry Burton will have some say next season, They wanted Bells like I had Said previously but he preferred to continue playing, which I dont blame him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Chris Houghton has Offered himself at £250,000, I wonder if they will offer him the job. Hmm

how do you know that? :o :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I personally Believe Neil Ardley and Terry Burton will have some say next season, They wanted Bells like I had Said previously but he preferred to continue playing, which I dont blame him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The first part is my opinion, the second half is what I was told from inside the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:02 pm

This is where we will find out the true investment, ie; Do they promote from within and take a chance on a winning formula, or do they spend money on someone who wants to come and has managerial experience?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

The first part is my opinion, the second half is what I was told from inside the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

houghton will do me :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:This is where we will find out the true investment, ie; Do they promote from within and take a chance on a winning formula, or do they spend money on someone who wants to come and has managerial experience?

Good point Rita :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:05 pm

chris hughton was on a reported 400k at newcastle , which was the lowest in the premier league at the time..

would'nt be a bad option....

obviously we would all prefer someone like martin oneill but i suppose it all comes down to wages etc...

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Hughton does not fill me with confidence, I could have got that Newcastle team up. Di Matteo much better choice.

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:This is where we will find out the true investment, ie; Do they promote from within and take a chance on a winning formula, or do they spend money on someone who wants to come and has managerial experience?

Good point Rita :ayatollah:

I second that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:chris hughton was on a reported 400k at newcastle , which was the lowest in the premier league at the time..

obviously we would all prefer someone like martin oneill but i suppose it all comes down to wages etc...

Def on £250,000 a year :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:chris hughton was on a reported 400k at newcastle , which was the lowest in the premier league at the time..

Def on £250,000 a year :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

so Di Matteo has approached city? :cry:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:09 pm

250k a year! i think that would be good business.. considering west ham have just offered a two year deal worth 3 mil for allardyce...

i would rather chris hughton than promoting from within...

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:20 pm

I would be happy with Hughton. He has coached and managed at the top level with Tottenham, Newcastle and the Republic of Ireland has served under Ray Clemence, Doug Livermore, Osvaldo Ardiles,Gerry Francis, Christian Gross,George Graham, Glen Hoddle, David Pleat, Jaques Santini,Martin Jol, Joe Kinnear, Brian Kerr and Kevin Keegan. Had several successful short stints as a caretaker manager with Newcastle and got them promoted from the Championship to the Premier League at the first attempt with a points tally of 102, unbeaten at home and losing only 4 league games all season. His managerial record although a short one is very impressive. He has managed 80 games, Won 42 drawn 19 and lost 19 for an impressive 52.5% win ratio.

At first glance he looks an inexperienced manager. However he has enormous experience under some top class coaches and managers and his record proves he has learned something along the way.

At £250,000-00 per annum he looks a snip to me when you consider we were paying £800,000 for a failure of a manager who has barely won anything in 37 years as player and manager.

Chris Hughton gets a big thumbs up from me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Annis, personally who would you like to see as Cardiff City manager? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Neal Ardley is favourite now. :cry:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:Annis, personally who would you like to see as Cardiff City manager? :ayatollah:

Neil Warnock, Ian Holloway or an up and coming manager Darren Ferguson :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:31 pm

I'd be disapointed if we got hughton but suicidal if we got Burton and Ardley! Burton has been here for to long, we need fresh ideas on the training ground and Ardley is not only inexperienced but he hasn't been setting the world alight with the academy! I know from my own experience and from listening to people on here that the academy is far from perfect and is dropping clangers all over the place

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:33 pm

do you think qpr r going to give warnock any time?

He would be a great manager!

Not sure about darren ferguson, Holloway has just signed a 1 yr extension with Blackpool hasnt he?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:40 pm

For £250k I would take hughton on - he has offered himself at a reasonable price, (probably with normal promotion bonus clause) - he is determined to prove himself to do well - by putting himself forward as he has, he has worked under many good managers and knows how to get a team playing football.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 pm

If the reported 250k is the salary that he his willing to work for then surely that shows that he has a point to prove.. He has offered his services to us and is prepared to be manager without the big wages..

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:48 pm

RFMH wrote:Hughton does not fill me with confidence, I could have got that Newcastle team up. Di Matteo much better choice.

Why do you think Matteo would be a better option than Hughton, Hughton is far more experienced and has worked with some top managers in his 13 years as 1st team coach/assistant/caretaker/manager, compared to Matteos half a season at MK Dons and a season and half at West Brom who also had a team far better than anyone else in the champ the season they went up.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Hallett wrote:
RFMH wrote:Hughton does not fill me with confidence, I could have got that Newcastle team up. Di Matteo much better choice.

Why do you think Matteo would be a better option than Hughton, Hughton is far more experienced and has worked with some top managers in his 13 years as 1st team coach/assistant/caretaker/manager, compared to Matteos half a season at MK Dons and a season and half at West Brom who also had a team far better than anyone else in the champ the season they went up.

Jones should of got this cardiff team up this year, he didn't. You can only do what's infront of you :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Hallett wrote:

Di Matteo got Mk Dons to third in his first ever season as manager and then got WBA up (inevitable) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:Annis, personally who would you like to see as Cardiff City manager? :ayatollah:

Neil Warnock, Ian Holloway or an up and coming manager Darren Ferguson :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Warnock is unlikely obviously, Holloway is better suited to small clubs IMO, does superbly at Blackpool etc. but stick him in charge at somewhere like Leicester and he relegates them :lol: Ferguson is also unlikely seeing as he has just got Peterborough promoted.

Personally I'd like to see a relatively young manager like Ferguson - my two choices would be Malky Mackay and Lee Clark. Anyone of those two would be great IMO ! Give them funds and see what they can do ! Mackay has done brilliantly at Watford, not a lot of money but he's big on young players (maybe he has no choice really seeing as they consistently turn out very good youngsters :lol: ) but he could've decided not to play them but he has and they were in with a decent shout of the play-offs back around December/January time ! Lee Clark has done well at Huddersfield and I wouldn't mind him bringing his young goalie Alex Smithies with him as well :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Annis do you think chris houghton will get the job?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Hallett wrote:

Di Matteo got Mk Dons to third in his first ever season as manager and then got WBA up (inevitable) :ayatollah:

3rd wasn't good enough though the same as Dave Jones' 4th place with Cardiff the past two years. He did do well with a good WBA side in the champ but awful in the prem whereas Hughton was doing qutie well when sacked. I can't see why people think Matteo would be better when Hughton has so much more experience at management level, thats my opinion anyway :D

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Or they could just go for the best man for the job.

Revolutionary thinking I know.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:

Annis do you think chris houghton will get the job?

The wages are perfect, but a lot of managers want to come, which shows how far we have come :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Well isn't that amazing !! When we lost 5-1 to Newcastle Jones the Job was on £800.000 with bonuses and Houghton was on £400.000. So us getting Knobbed 5-1 was a massive embarrassment to Jones then :? :? :? :? :?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Well isn't that amazing !! When we lost 5-1 to Newcastle Jones the Job was on £800.000 with bonuses and Houghton was on £400.000. So us getting Knobbed 5-1 was a massive embarrassment to Jones then :? :? :? :? :?

Steve, He was Def on £250,000 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: