Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we get Chris Hughton and people are still saying....

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:45 pm

WE COULD DO WORSE, then you know its a bad appointment, because if we could do worse then we COULD DO BETTER! :ayatollah:

Re: If we get Chris Hughton and people are still saying....

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 pm

i agree but whoever we get we could do better... mourinho... ancelotti...
my point was, hes a good manager :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

who do u want mate?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Yeah I really would not be excited by this! It's a very mediocre appointment and right now we need someone to galvanize us! He comes across as a great bloke and I'm sure he's a good coach but very unproven as a manager

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:52 pm

eighty_8 wrote:i agree but whoever we get we could do better... mourinho... ancelotti...
my point was, hes a good manager :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

who do u want mate?

Yeah but we couldn't realistically get Mourinho, Ancelotti etc, but we could get someone who has actually built a team and done well with that team. Hughton inherited a Premier League quality squad of players and despite a bad start to the season they won the league, oh well done Hughton for getting promoted with a squad of players that should have stayed up in the Premier League in the first place! Hughton knew that club inside out and knew all the players and all the players knew him because he was the only coach there through all the clubs troubles at that time , so really it wasn't a tough job for him. He gets them up, and then gets the sack because they started to slip down the league in the Prem!

We don't have a squad, we need a whole new set of players and we are appointing Hughton that has never done it at any level?
No i'd like to have someone who has done it, even if it was at a lower level, or better still has done it at a high level.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:10 pm

People on here will never be satisfied. Whoever it is that comes in will need the fansto back them 100% and not be slagging him off before he even get his feet under the table. I honestly believe this and other message boards are partly responsible for the demoralisation that infested our changing room before the end of last season, although I admit that the blame lies 99% with the players on the pop and DJ.
My point is who would have rated Lambert and Rogers as good appointments before the start of last season.
Whoever comes in give the man a chance, you dont hae much option as whatevr is said on here will have little effect on the final decision, but if the new man has as little as 10% of the fans slagging him off before he's played a game what chance a united dressing room and stadium.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:25 pm

What has Hughton done... Newcastle were already a strong team before he took them over.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:30 pm

canton blue wrote:What has Hughton done... Newcastle were already a strong team before he took them over.

People keep saying he inherited a class team, should have done better, he didn't do much.

Listen, Hughton still had to instilled movtivation, keep up morale, get results and most importantly he won the league as champions. The championship ain't no walk over it's not a league you can simply bounce back from, it's a tough league, and fair play to him, kept plenty of clean sheets, played some great football and to be honest he made andy caroll.

Come on if it is Hughton, let's give him a chance :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:40 pm

he also had the respect of every single one of those newcastle players ...who played for him !!!!.......the other thing is he is a very good coach...was at spurs for years and even at newcastle ,the guys class is immense ...how many times did ashley over look him ,make him temp manager a few times bring someone else in ,he didnt moan,just got on with his job...then when players made a point actually gave him the job and he took them up ...good squad or not he still had to do it ....WE HAD A GOOD SQUAD THIS YEAR ......DID JONES DO IT ......EXACTLY !!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:49 pm

d20 wrote:he also had the respect of every single one of those newcastle players ...who played for him !!!!.......the other thing is he is a very good coach...was at spurs for years and even at newcastle ,the guys class is immense ...how many times did ashley over look him ,make him temp manager a few times bring someone else in ,he didnt moan,just got on with his job...then when players made a point actually gave him the job and he took them up ...good squad or not he still had to do it ....WE HAD A GOOD SQUAD THIS YEAR ......DID JONES DO IT ......EXACTLY !!!!!

Here here, i would welcome him with open arms