Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Curbishley in talks with Cardiff

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Just had a call from a business colleague, who knows I'm a Bluebird, he is a good friend and business aquaintance of Curbs, he informed me that Curbs has been asked to come to cardiff for an interview on Friday! not my prefered choice, but at least the club are moving fast. :ayatollah:

Re: Curbishley in talks with Cardiff

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Just had a call from a business colleague, who knows I'm a Bluebird, he is a good friend and business aquaintance of Curbs, he informed me that Curbs has been asked to come to cardiff for an interview on Friday! not my prefered choice, but at least the club are moving fast. :ayatollah:

curbishley is a great manager!! dunno why he left the hammers :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:13 pm

I would imagine CCFC will interview quite a number of Managers?

Can't see Curbishley here though.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:15 pm

PLEASE NO CURBISHLEY!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:22 pm

quadsas wrote:PLEASE NO CURBISHLEY!!!

Totally agree, i have had dealings with him and he is another miserable bugger, I have quite enough of that type of manager to last me a lifetime.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Would be an interesting appointment! Certainly superior to hughton and the likes of ardley and burton

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Totally agree, I have quite enough of that type of manager to last me a lifetime.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :D
Last edited by Hallett on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:28 pm

I was talking to a Charlton season ticket holder today about Curbishley & his thoughts were he wouldn't move from his South East home

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Just had a call from a business colleague, who knows I'm a Bluebird, he is a good friend and business aquaintance of Curbs, he informed me that Curbs has been asked to come to cardiff for an interview on Friday! not my prefered choice, but at least the club are moving fast. :ayatollah:

Very interesting, I would say yes straight away :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, Football is moving on - Evolution doesn't just occur within living things! I'd prefer to take on a younger manager with an eye for seeing the way football is moving at the moment, A Curbishley appointment would not inspire me what-so-ever! That is my opinion! ;)

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Chris Houghton,Def going to be interviewed :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

if that ever happened id start a march to bring back jones :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:37 pm

milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

if that ever happened id start a march to bring back jones :lol:

:laughing3:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:38 pm

Llewellyn Charles "Alan" Curbishley yep hes the guy :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:44 pm

not my first choice either boys bach, but id take him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Another thing that I don't like is managers, who take 'time out' of the game, just seems to me that they are not hungry enough in the first place. A managers job is 24/7 in my opinion, the good ones like Ferguson can't live without it for one minute. Managers, get great pay-offs these days, so there's no need for a lot of them to get back into work, which is not good IMO.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:57 pm

a good example of that was steve coppell, i thought as soon as he was appointed manager of bristol city and with the players they were bringing in at the time things were looking good for them, a good manager with a good reputation, but he was out of the game and lost that appetite...

I think our best option is to go all out and get martin oneill... if the financial side of things can get sorted...

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Several people are being interviewd this week according to usually reliable sources....

If we watch the stadium and local hotels day and night (or was that DAYA and Nighta?? :lol: ) one of them will eventually be right!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:03 pm

If thats the best the board can come up with they can follow DJ down the road ! Hope ur coll got this one wrong !

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:05 pm

NO!!!!!!

Keep him well away from Wales.

In order of preference (realistic or not)

Sparky
Keegan
O Neill
Hughton
Di Matteo
D Ferguson
Owen Money :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:07 pm

I think the club is going to have a lot of interest in the managers position and selecting the right guy to take the club forward to going to be a huge decision.

Personally I haven't got a problem with Curbishley good pedigree and an excellent record he almost built up Charlton singlehandedly. Chris Houghton is another guy with a good pedigree and he did a brilliant job at Newcastle but for me it has to be Roberto De Matteo excellent playing pedigree and did a good job at both MK Dons and WBA he deserved a bit longer at WBA than he got.

But the real question is when the choice is made whoever the next manager is what level of support is he going to get. Last seasons plan has left a massively depleted squad for a club who are intent on having another push for promotion, what will the budget be for signing players surely there has to be one this season, how many bosman will we sign and what quality and of course how will we use the loan system.

Last year our manager was given one of the biggest budgets in the championship and failed to go again VT has got to be prepared to dig deep from his personal fortune.

Yesterdays announcement and GJ interview said that the Malaysians had signalled their intentions of going again this season, there will be funds for signing players only time will tell if the new manager is given the support the last manager was given.

66 days until the first League game of the season lots and lots of work to do at the club in the next 3 weeks because in my opinion we need our new players for the full pre season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Agreed on the 'hungry' manager scenario.

Football, like everything else is moving on at rate of knots.

Do we want a feller who hasnt bothered getting on the ride
or even the theme park for years??

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:09 pm

taffyapple wrote:Agreed on the 'hungry' manager scenario.

Football, like everything else is moving on at rate of knots.

Do we want a feller who hasnt bothered getting on the ride
or even the theme park for years??

Great point :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Another thing that I don't like is managers, who take 'time out' of the game, just seems to me that they are not hungry enough in the first place. A managers job is 24/7 in my opinion, the good ones like Ferguson can't live without it for one minute. Managers, get great pay-offs these days, so there's no need for a lot of them to get back into work, which is not good IMO.

Reason he took "time out" was cos of legal contractual reasons. Everyone knows that!!!!! Well, that's wot has been widely mentioned on Sky.

I'd have him or Hughton any day. O'Neill. Not so sure (i'd have him as well TBH!!!)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Totally agree, i have had dealings with him and he is another miserable bugger, I have quite enough of that type of manager to last me a lifetime.

agree with this, doesnt fill me with excitement

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:Another thing that I don't like is managers, who take 'time out' of the game, just seems to me that they are not hungry enough in the first place. A managers job is 24/7 in my opinion, the good ones like Ferguson can't live without it for one minute. Managers, get great pay-offs these days, so there's no need for a lot of them to get back into work, which is not good IMO.

Reason he took "time out" was cos of legal contractual reasons. Everyone knows that!!!!! Well, that's wot has been widely mentioned on Sky.

I'd have him or Hughton any day. O'Neill. Not so sure (i'd have him as well TBH!!!)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He's been able to manage again, since November 2009, that's when he settled with WHA. He's been picking and choosing since then.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:21 pm

O'Neill and Billy Davies included in those to be interviewed?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:32 pm

not my choice but its only a chat remember better than a few others perhaps a bit like d.j. seems quiet in the dug out and a bit old fashioned :old:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Curbs is def a step back wards...he's been out of the game for 3 years, thats hell of along time.di dont see anything different between him and Jones....as much as i think it was a time for achange and Jones had to go, i got a feeling we're going to regret it.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:59 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Llewellyn Charles "Alan" Curbishley yep hes the guy :ayatollah:

Is a Welsh name a pre-requisite then??

No more a Welsh name than 'Dai Jones' and we just gave him the proverbial Red Card....

Hmmm....

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:
:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: