Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Curbishley in talks with Cardiff

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Curbishley as mananger.

f**k...OFFF!

Di matteo and his sidekick are the men to take us forward :ayatollah:
he had west brom playing quality football

even though he got sacked its down to him he drilled in a style that stuck with the players

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Too be honest, i think he'll be a step forward in a sense that we'll actually have a manager who knows his tactics. I'll be happy with Curbishley as our manager :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:25 pm

No thanks he is as passionless as a certain Mr Jones, I want a younger more hungry manager :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:Curbs is def a step back wards...he's been out of the game for 3 years, thats hell of along time.di dont see anything different between him and Jones....as much as i think it was a time for achange and Jones had to go, i got a feeling we're going to regret it.

Agreed Di Matteo for me

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:32 pm

johnnyjan4-69 wrote:
Lou Vogel wrote:Curbs is def a step back wards...he's been out of the game for 3 years, thats hell of along time.di dont see anything different between him and Jones....as much as i think it was a time for achange and Jones had to go, i got a feeling we're going to regret it.

Agreed Di Matteo for me

I would like an un-sacked manager like Warnock (never going to happen unless he has a massive bust up), or someone like Poyet !!!

If not Martin O'Neil or Dimatteo would be next............

then maybe try M Mackay or Mark Robins, there are a few decent Mangers out there..............

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:Just had a call from a business colleague, who knows I'm a Bluebird, he is a good friend and business aquaintance of Curbs, he informed me that Curbs has been asked to come to cardiff for an interview on Friday! not my prefered choice, but at least the club are moving fast. :ayatollah:

curbishley is a great manager!! dunno why he left the hammers :ayatollah:

They gained 6 points from the 1st three games of the season in 3008/9 buthen resigned as he feelt the board were interfering with his transfer policy when his contract stated that he had the final say on all transfer matters.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:Just had a call from a business colleague, who knows I'm a Bluebird, he is a good friend and business aquaintance of Curbs, he informed me that Curbs has been asked to come to cardiff for an interview on Friday! not my prefered choice, but at least the club are moving fast. :ayatollah:

curbishley is a great manager!! dunno why he left the hammers :ayatollah:

And I certainly wouldn't mind if he came here.

Doubt it though, but if he is coming for a n interview he must be interested.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Very interesting, I would say yes straight away :ayatollah:

Just got in and saw this thread.

I agree with you Annis. Believen it or not!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm

I was akways a Dj supporter but Curbishly has a better record. Ikept Charlton in the top flight from 2000 until 2006. They were relegated the season after he left.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:25 pm

Bowmonster wrote:No thanks he is as passionless as a certain Mr Jones, I want a younger more hungry manager :ayatollah:

I want a good manager.

Couldn't care less if he is passionless on the sidelines

Younger and more hungry doesn't necessarily mean good!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Bowmonster wrote:No thanks he is as passionless as a certain Mr Jones, I want a younger more hungry manager :ayatollah:

I want a good manager.

Couldn't care less if he is passionless on the sidelines

Younger and more hungry doesn't necessarily mean good!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:05 am

Glad to see a few others want Di matteo. Someone who wants to play good football, is learning during the modern game and has to be hungry for success!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:50 am

Curbishley - no thanks
Houghton - yes
DiMateo - yes - (with his back room staff of Eddie Newton etc)
O'Neil - no thanks - too much of a primadonna
Mark Hughes - no
Warnock - cant stand the man - but probably a great one to have on your side.
Bellers - keep playing, if we can have him again - make him captain - and let him do the team talks
Avrim Grant - NO
Houlier - could be interesting
Malky Macay - I think would do a good job.
Toshack - ?
Hoddle - ?

QPR - minus Tarapt - were just a lumpit up the park type team - and with Warnock they won the league.
Norwich - 1 or 2 good players - but played neat passing football
Jacks - also play a fast passing

I think we can be pretty certain that route 1 hoof ball football - is not going to win you the league.
So my prediction - DiMatteo or Houghton. Unless they go for an overseas manager that we havent heard of - then it's just pot luck.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:22 am

People in this thread who thinks Curbishley aint a good manager :?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:28 am

That makes sense - I am 99% certain that I saw Curbishley in a car on the Ely link road about 11.15 this morning - his was the car behind mine in a stationery queue of traffic. What threw me was that although the car was heading towards the CCS, it left at Culverhouse Cross, but was heading in the direction of the Copthorne. Presumably staying there?