Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO DO YOU WANT AS CITY MANAGER?: THREAD

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:45 pm

I personally would like to see Chris Hughton, he is a very bright man with loads of experience in the assistant role.

With him working along side big managers, he's bound to have learnt a thing or too. And lets be honest, he hasnt disappointed at all .. He took Newcastle up, and also kept them mid table untill he had the sack

Anyone else agree?

If not, Who would you like to see in the city dugout :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WHO DO YOU WANT AS CITY MANAGER?: THREAD

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Martin O'Neil for me...If the Malaysians say they have money to put things right on and off the field,then time to start at the top with a manager who has a good track record :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:51 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Martin O'Neil for me...If the Malaysians say they have money to put things right on and off the field,then time to start at the top with a manager who has a good track record :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i'd love him here but im afraid his salary will put us off :(

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Wilkins would have been my first choice if Bellamy was to have some sort of a coaching role but that doesn't seem likely so Hughton would be my next choice, i'll be happy if he gets the job. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:54 pm

glammy74 wrote:I personally would like to see Chris Hughton, he is a very bright man with loads of experience in the assistant role.

With him working along side big managers, he's bound to have learnt a thing or too. And lets be honest, he hasnt disappointed at all .. He took Newcastle up, and also kept them mid table untill he had the sack

Anyone else agree?

If not, Who would you like to see in the city dugout :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will be happy with him, but would rather Ian Holloway/Neil Warnock. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Im not Hughtons biggest fan but any manager who comes in must be given a chance. I mean who would have wanted Ian Holloway after he took down Leicester, or Rodgers after he fcked up Reading? I wouldnt (and still dont lol) but a lot of people rate those two.

Id take McClaren, would love O'Neil but cant see either

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Ray Wilkins.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:00 pm

ROBERTO DI MATTEO :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Martin O'Neill would be fantastic, but I would also be happy with a young up and coming manager like Di Matteo or even Karl Robinson of MK Dons.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:38 pm

O`Neill, then Holloway :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:38 pm

ian dowie

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Realistically I can see either Chris Hughton or Alan Curbishley tbh I wouldn't complain if either got the job :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:13 pm

may be on my own here but id like John Toshack

Big personality great cv wont take no shit

and Cardiff Legend

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Whats El Tel up to?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Di Mattaio personally :ayatollah:

Young manager, took WBA up and played some wonderful football :ayatollah:
Fits all the critera
:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Chris hughton if were going to sign someone on the cheap

O'Neill if we had the money hees the best manager that we have a chance at, would bring in some real class and is a passionate manager

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:00 pm

KEEGAN, great win ratio in club football, won promotion to premier league 3 times at first time of asking, guaranteed goals, goals, goals, good rapport with press and fans, very very passionate. undeserved reputation as a walker, twice stitched up by newcastle for dealings behind his back, only international football did he mess up, different enviroment not suited to him.

SPARKY with his taffia backroom staff

SLAVEN BILIC

my top 3, a tad unrealistic?

from the realistic candidates
HUGHTON or DI MATTEO, please not megson, curbs, sousa, or any such failures

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm

warnock or holloway but wont happen.

so realistically for me di matteo, hughton or keane.

i think it will be hughton with ardley promoted and terry burton being told thankyou and goodbye :ayatollah: