Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

lets hope we get a manager we can afford

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:00 pm

ive seen people whinging or moaning or chucking martin o neils name about or they dont want ardley as manager because of this or that. but the most important thing is we dont pay over the odds like we did with jones..
i heard di matteo and houghton were on around 300k what if o neil wants around 600k do we want him? ok he got celtic a few titles which is not the hardest plus got up through the play offs with a decent side would he want big transfer cash??. i'd rather take a risk on a manager hungry to prove himself ardley houghton de matteo etc on less wages..
i remember people laughing when the jacks got rodgers :roll:
reading and norwich brought in good managers with little experience and done well..
do we really need to sign dinosaurs like o neil or curbishley?

Re: lets hope we get a manager we can afford

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:00 pm

Chris Hughton seems to be a bargain if he's offering his services for £250,000

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:57 am

ccfcninian wrote:Chris Hughton seems to be a bargain if he's offering his services for £250,000

yes id like him here. nice well respected guy with no doubt plenty of contacts in the game plus not in the same wage bracket as martin o neil

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm

you get what you pay for mate with houghton DAI HUNT COULD HAVE TAKEN NEWCASTLE UP with that squad what else has houghton done

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:10 pm

oniell is a top manager but would cost easily same as dj if not over a 1mil.... he was 2-3 mil a year at villa.... hughton is obviously the cheaper option, but as said you pay for what you get..

oniell is a proven premiership manager, with quality, and good contacts.. if we cannot come any where near his terms then we will have to see what is right for the club and who is the best manager available at our disposal...