Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would Bothroyd flourish under a different manager?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:23 pm

No motivation. Lazy. Arse bruiser.

Just 3 of the many negative descriptions that could be associated with Jay Bothroyd.

Do you think he could eliminate the undesireable elements of his game under a, let's just say, 'better' manager? Could someone get the Bothroyd of October to play like that all season, and remain focused ALL season?

Re: Would Bothroyd flourish under a different manager?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:25 pm

you forgot GRAVITY ARSE

no he wouldnt leave him rot

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:25 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:you forgot GRAVITY ARSE

no he wouldnt leave him rot

I only saw that after I posted this, you beat me to it - I was going to edit it just for you Nips :oops: :oops:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:No motivation. Lazy. Arse bruiser.

Just 3 of the many negative descriptions that could be associated with Jay Bothroyd.

Do you think he could eliminate the undesireable elements of his game under a, let's just say, 'better' manager? Could someone get the Bothroyd of October to play like that all season, and remain focused ALL season?

Possibly and I would like to think so as when he puts the effort in he is a class act. 14k a week if that is his demands is a bit excessive though given the need to reduce our wage bill.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:31 pm

yes he would.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:20 pm

i actually think that one of the better things Jones did was get the best out of Bothroyd, seemed to be constantly on his case during the matches and stuff

im not sure another manager would get any more out of Jay than Jones, its more about Bothroyd's attitude itself in my opinion, and whether he chooses not to dive around and instead play like, what i at one pojnt believed, was the best player id seen down Cardiff since Koumas in his first spell here

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 pm

everyone will be sorry when we sign f**k all better.
and lose out on automatic by 3 points.

which bothroyd might of got us when our strikers were injured

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:39 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:everyone will be sorry when we sign f**k all better.
and lose out on automatic by 3 points.

which bothroyd might of got us when our strikers were injured

exactly mate

weve taken alot of things for granted that we had last season, that if wed just added to with a better defence, wed have been in the Prem now in my opinion

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Dave Jones was the only Manager to ever get anything out of Jay and in the end he even shit on him. He was one of the reasons we stayed down and then we watched in horror as the Gypos walked into the Prem. Clean break from me .

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Can't agree about the blame being only on our defenders, how many attempts did the likes of Chops & Bothroyd manage in our final games? i can't think of any. Overated prima donnas who were more interested in clubbing than playing, i personally hope they never put on a City shirt again.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:18 am

bluebirds over.... wrote:Can't agree about the blame being only on our defenders, how many attempts did the likes of Chops & Bothroyd manage in our final games? i can't think of any. Overated prima donnas who were more interested in clubbing than playing, i personally hope they never put on a City shirt again.

yeah in our final games, thats a few out of like 50 games

look back at how many times our strikers had to score like 2/3/4 goals to win a match because we couldnt keep clean sheets!!

if we had Roger J and Loov at the back this year, we'd have cruised the league!! 100%