Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

whats expected of our next manager?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 pm

last 2 seasons. a play-off final. and a semi final place, not good enough, and dj was sacked, so going by that, promotion is the only answer, or. are we looking at a 3 year project? whats the board going to be expecting from the new guy?

Re: whats expected of our next manager?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:49 pm

im not expecting promotion straight away

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:54 pm

We need someone with passion, good football and a sense of fight in the team - if we get these, then I can go for a 3 year plan! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Nothing except signs of team building, some interest in the youth and avoiding relegation.

I think it's far more vital for our fans to be patient tbh.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:57 pm

so do you think the malaysians. will say to the new manager. you got 3. 5, 7. years to get us to the prem?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:00 pm

ninianblue wrote:so do you think the malaysians. will say to the new manager. you got 3. 5, 7. years to get us to the prem?

2 years, first year to get to know the squad properly, 2nd year to expand the squad and kick ass :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:20 pm

well i think. if the malaysians. dont go for a cheap option manager and provide money. then promotion is the number 1 priority :roll:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:23 pm

I'm not expecting promotion unless we spend silly money. I just want him to be passionate, give the youngsters a go and don't drop them if they make one mistake and don't let players get away withdrinkin before a game.