Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aaron Ramseys current value ?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Watching him develop this season ( and how he appears to be running tonights game against Madchester City), do you think his current value is 10million / 20 million ?

I can see Real Madrid putting an offer in for him in a few years time.

Re: Aaron Ramseys current value ?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:25 pm

I reckon around the 20 million mark.

We were robbed!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Aaron ramsay is pure class

pure, pure class

could the the best player ever to have graced a city shirt

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Lets be realistic here!

Obviously a massive talent, but until he gets more continual exposure - he's not worth more that maybe £6m-£8m at the moment.....

I believe though, that very soon, he could be a massive asset to both Arsenal, Wales and Premiership football.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Merlin wrote:Lets be realistic here!

Obviously a massive talent, but until he gets more continual exposure - he's not worth more that maybe £6m-£8m at the moment.....

I believe though, that very soon, he could be a massive asset to both Arsenal, Wales and Premiership football.

I totally agree with this,there are more esablished,proven players that are worth 15-20 million.Dont get me wrong I think his valuation will exceed this but not untill he gets more first team action.

Will be a huge player for Wales in years to come.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:54 pm

i reckon about pushing 9 million, but if he improves like he is then it could hit 20 million

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:49 pm

I'd say he's currently worth around £9m but if he was Spanish or south American I do feel he would be valued at £15-£20m look at nani/anderson at man u. He is more rounded than both of them.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:21 pm

With the laws changing shortly regards British players valuations of British talent will rise. On that basis Ramsey and his obvious talent at this stage I would value at 15-18 million. Although feel will remain at Arsenal for many a year.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:35 am

Its hard see!

If he was ENGLISH then the media would be bigging him up more and would get all the spotlight! (wallcott,rooney,lennon,defore etc) AND MAKING HIM THE NEXT 20 - 40MIL home grown player

but his down fall is that he's welsh! (not ours like) the media won't want to know!! WANKERS!!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:50 am

There's still a long way for him to go yet. However, he's much better than Gerrard, Lampard and Ballack were at this age... dare I say he's even looking a hotter prospect than Kaka. If he was Brazilian everyone would be touting him as the new Pele.

After the Scotland game every person I know who watched it said he's going to be the best British player since Best. If he stays at Arsenal but gets a bit more bite about him then I really can see him being one of the top 5 players in the world. Unless, God forbid, an injury stops him I can see Ramsey guiding us to a World Cup. Unlike Giggs he's in a position on the field where he can win us games.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Joff wrote:Watching him develop this season ( and how he appears to be running tonights game against Madchester City), do you think his current value is 10million / 20 million ?

I can see Real Madrid putting an offer in for him in a few years time.

Based on recent performances and potential and also his age AND also the club he's playing at I'd value Aaron at around 12-20 million. He's a fantastic player and I think if he stays with Arsenal as an under-study to Fabregas one day he will be a first team regular rated 50 million with clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona keeping tabs on him!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:34 pm

i would say hes worth around £12 million
arsenal can afford to lose fabregas for mega money now & know that ramsey can fill in the gap brillantly
we were robbed simple !

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:00 pm

The lad will be worth £20 million plus in a few years time, in hindsight the £5 million you lot got looks like peanuts. Superb player with the talent to be a Welsh great.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Jackbustard wrote:The lad will be worth £20 million plus in a few years time, in hindsight the £5 million you lot got looks like peanuts. Superb player with the talent to be a Welsh great.

just out of curiosity - is there any valuable players in the Swansea team? like worth over £1m ?
(im not clued up with the goings on at the swans!)

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Merlin wrote:
Jackbustard wrote:The lad will be worth £20 million plus in a few years time, in hindsight the £5 million you lot got looks like peanuts. Superb player with the talent to be a Welsh great.

just out of curiosity - is there any valuable players in the Swansea team? like worth over £1m ?

You didnt watch the last game when we played you off the park, lead single handedly by Mr Pratley. 8-)

Pratley, Bodde, Williams, Allen, Rangel would all command fees between £3-£5 million.

Oh yeah and Trundle, he isnt ours but got to be worth in excess of £5 million :?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Jackbustard wrote:
Merlin wrote:

You didnt watch the last game when we played you off the park, lead single handedly by Mr Pratley. 8-)

Pratley, Bodde, Williams, Allen, Rangel would all command fees between £3-£5 million.

Oh yeah and Trundle, he isnt ours but got to be worth in excess of £5 million :?

Played us off the park - slightly exagerated. considering we would have been 3-2 up if Ross' freekick was an inch lower.

Pratley - how much was he worth before his 2 goals against Cardiff?

17 goals in 162 games is hardly earth shattering is it? i mean Whittingham (also a midfielder) has scored almost as many in 17 games!

Besides the £5m we got for ramsey wasn't by any means an acceptable offer - Cardiff had to sell him out of desperation to survive the season.... as we do every year! :lol:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Jackbustard wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I disagree with some of your valuations Mr Swan.

Pratley , I wouldnt know, but he hasnt done much really , so on the basis of what I have heard from other Swans fans, 800k

Bodde - well prior to his injury , nobody offered more than 4 Million and that was appearance based, now I would say nobody will touch him - which I think is unfortunate.

Joe Allen - 2.5 Million - class player

Rangel, - looks a good prospect - 1 million

Williams - I like him , and I would pay 2 million for the boy.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Merlin wrote:Played us off the park - slightly exagerated. considering we would have been 3-2 up if Ross' freekick was an inch lower.

Pratley - how much was he worth before his 2 goals against Cardiff?

17 goals in 162 games is hardly earth shattering is it? i mean Whittingham (also a midfielder) has scored almost as many in 17 games!

Besides the £5m we got for ramsey wasn't by any means an acceptable offer - Cardiff had to sell him out of desperation to survive the season.... as we do every year! :lol:

You are right you almost made it 3-2, but thats like saying we could and should have been 5 up after 20 minutes.

Pratley is not in the side based on his goal scoring. The lad has been immense for us over the past 2 season and makes up what is arguably one of the best midfields in the Championship. He covers about 20 miles a game and has the best engine of any footballer I have seen.

As for Ramsey, £5 million at the time seemed like a superb deal for you, he wasn’t even an established player. No doubt his time at Arsenal has improved him so you didn’t do that bad out of the deal.

You will probably end up kicking yourselves that there is no sell on clause when Real Madrid pay £60 million for him in a a few years. :lol:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:35 pm

Joff wrote:
I disagree with some of your valuations Mr Swan.

Pratley , I wouldnt know, but he hasnt done much really , so on the basis of what I have heard from other Swans fans, 800k

Bodde - well prior to his injury , nobody offered more than 4 Million and that was appearance based, now I would say nobody will touch him - which I think is unfortunate.

Joe Allen - 2.5 Million - class player

Rangel, - looks a good prospect - 1 million

Williams - I like him , and I would pay 2 million for the boy.

Dont know what Jacks you have been talking to about Pratley but hes is probably the most valuable player in our side at the moment and has been for a while. That was apparant when he was out injured for the first few months of the season.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Well thats what I was told about Pratley. That said , you obviously like him, so you are entitled to gloat about his potential value.

If Ramsey is worth 4.8 million in cash, you have to think what clubs would pay for a like for like player and Pratley is no where near as good as Ramsey.

Wigan , Bolton, and the like might want him, but "The Big Four" are hardly likley to want him as an addition to their squad.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Joff wrote:Well thats what I was told about Pratley. That said , you obviously like him, so you are entitled to gloat about his potential value.

If Ramsey is worth 4.8 million in cash, you have to think what clubs would pay for a like for like player and Pratley is no where near as good as Ramsey.

Wigan , Bolton, and the like might want him, but "The Big Four" are hardly likley to want him as an addition to their squad.

He is never going to attract a big 4 club but he would do a very good job for any of the teams outside the top 8 in the Prem that is for sure. You can’t really base Pratleys valuation on the money Ramsey went for, he was a young kid with bags of potential but was not an established player. If Ramsey had spent another season with you lot he would have gone for about £7 million and Arsenal knew that hence the reason they snapped him up before his value inflated.

Pratley would be worth every penny of a £4 million bid.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:49 pm

The proof will be in the pudding.

You agree about the others though , I presume ?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Joff wrote:The proof will be in the pudding.

You agree about the others though , I presume ?

Not really, the fact that Johnson is older than Williams and went for £5 million makes £2 million sound a bit silly. Dont forget he is an established international and playing in the heart of one of the best defences in the Championship.

Be honest if you were looking at players from any of the other teams in the Championship you would probably value them higher. We arent a bad side and are getting better week by week under Sousa so we deserve a bit more credit than some of your valuations suggest.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:58 pm

One minute you say this -
Jackbustard wrote:in hindsight the £5 million you lot got looks like peanuts.

and the next you say this -
As for Ramsey, £5 million at the time seemed like a superb deal for you

:?

Therfore you seem to be a very confused man and my conversation about this with you has ended.
thanks anyway. :D

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:01 pm

Merlin wrote:One minute you say this -
Jackbustard wrote:in hindsight the £5 million you lot got looks like peanuts.

and the next you say this -
As for Ramsey, £5 million at the time seemed like a superb deal for you

:?

Therfore you seem to be a very confused man and my conversation about this with you has ended.
thanks anyway. :D

Do you not know the meaning of the word "hindsight". Read it again.

AT THE TIME IT LOOKED LIKE A SUPERB DEAL, IN HINDSIGHT IT LOOKS LIKE PEANUTS. You arent the brightest are you. :lol:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Well your own manager values Williams at £3 Million , so I think you may be over exaggerating actually, probably because you are on a Cardiff site

"The former West Bromwich Albion trainee signed a new four-year Swansea deal last month and Sousa could demand around £3m for the man they signed from Stockport County in 2008 for a then club record fee of £400,000".

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Joff wrote:Well your own manager values Williams at £3 Million , so I think you may be over exaggerating actually, probably because you are on a Cardiff site

"The former West Bromwich Albion trainee signed a new four-year Swansea deal last month and Sousa could demand around £3m for the man they signed from Stockport County in 2008 for a then club record fee of £400,000".

Where does it say that Sousa said he is only worth £3 million, it says Sousa could demand that, more paper talk. None of us know what he or any other player is worth and to be honest I wouldnt want to find out either. Quite happy with our current playing squad.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:22 pm

Oh I give up, hes worth 10 Million if that makes you feel good , but Boddes worth Zero

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Joff wrote:Oh I give up, hes worth 10 Million if that makes you feel good , but Boddes worth Zero

:lol:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:59 pm

Merlin wrote:
Joff wrote:Oh I give up, hes worth 10 Million if that makes you feel good , but Boddes worth Zero

:lol:

The dull one returns.

Sadly you may be right about Bodde Joff, which is a real shame as the bloke was class. Fingers crossed he will return but the odds are against him.