Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What is it with our supporters ?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:09 pm

That we still want to offer massive wages to underrated Players. Give em what they want !! ETC. You only get what your prepared to pay for. And the worst some on here seem to think having Jay back on 14k a week is OK :o :o We have just seen three teams go up with modest wages but the difference is they had good honest hard working pros.
That is how we should be heading not paying over rated wannabes obscene wages .

Re: What is it with our supporters ?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:That we still want to offer massive wages to underrated Players. Give em what they want !! ETC. You only get what your prepared to pay for. And the worst some on here seem to think having Jay back on 14k a week is OK :o :o We have just seen three teams go up with modest wages but the difference is they had good honest hard working pros.

Give him £13,500 per week then! :) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:41 pm

I agree. I think we should have a policy of no player on over £8000 pw

then give them win bonuses to play for.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:50 am

Nuclearblue wrote:That we still want to offer massive wages to underrated Players. Give em what they want !! ETC. You only get what your prepared to pay for. And the worst some on here seem to think having Jay back on 14k a week is OK :o :o We have just seen three teams go up with modest wages but the difference is they had good honest hard working pros.

its time for city to get real,jay didnt put a shift in since xmas,so time to move on,hope jay happy at his new club :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:01 am

the other way you could look at it is he just wants the same wage as hudson gets.
if you look at it that way its a fair deal but once again shows the damage ridsdale and jones did to us with their ridiculous wage structure at the club.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:17 am

steve davies wrote:

the other way you could look at it is he just wants the same wage as hudson gets.
if you look at it that way its a fair deal but once again shows the damage ridsdale and jones did to us with their ridiculous wage structure at the club.

How does everyone seem to know the wages our players are one Have they told you this All guess work

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:33 am

If Jay wanted the wages some of our other players are on, he should have knuckled down, worked hard and re-negotiated a contract that reflected this. Not rested on his laurels after being picked for England and thinking that being our top scorer was enough, despite doing nothing since January at least. It seems that no other club has come in for him, which would explain being touted back to us

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:03 am

jamesbarnett91 wrote:I agree. I think we should have a policy of no player on over £8000 pw

then give them win bonuses to play for.

I think this is the way forward , a basic wage but bonuses for wins and a big bonus for promotion - I believe this is what Tricky Ricky Wright did when he was in charge ?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:37 am

It is ridiculous that chops gets 20k a week , or Hudson 14k a week - neither of them are worth that. So if Jay was on 7k a week , I would take money off them both and reallocate SOME of it to Jay. Jay and Chopra should be on the same wage - they do the same job.
If anything I would ditch Chopra and keep Jay. MC has a drink problem, a gambling problem and an attitude problem (I could cope with all of these IF he wasnt so FAT and if he could actually score some goals on a regular basis)
But he cant - so time to jog on Chops

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:08 am

I agree with a lot of you on here. Hudson on 14k a week there is no club in the land that would give him those sort of wages. These Players now need to be shipped out as you can't have such a massive difference in wages. Yes we should have a cap on wages and it should not be broken for anybody and i am sad to say it even Bellamy.
I want a Club to support in ten years time not one that is out of buisness. We have payed the big wages for six years and guess what we are still here in the Championship, players come here and see massive wages an easy life and no pressure from management to succeed.
And the Milkybarkid why do you think we have sold so much talent in the past but not paid off even 1p of the debt ? It is to pay the massive wage bill that is crippling this Club.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:15 am

Blackpool refused to pay any player more than £10k per week to play for them in the PL, OK they got relegated but only on the last day of the season.

Both Swansea and Norwich have just won promotion to the PL with an average wage below £8k per week, our club should ship out any player earning above £10k per week and set the new manager a budget of no more than £11m that gives the club a 30 man squad on an average of £7k per week.

Other clubs have been promoted on the same why not ours :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:20 am

castleblue wrote:Blackpool refused to pay any player more than £10k per week to play for them in the PL, OK they got relegated but only on the last day of the season.

Both Swansea and Norwich have just won promotion to the PL with an average wage below £8k per week, our club should ship out any player earning above £10k per week and set the new manager a budget of no more than £11m that gives the club a 30 man squad on an average of £7k per week.

Other clubs have been promoted on the same why not ours :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly :D

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:25 am

Perhaps there are lessons to be learned from how Blackpool and Swansea run their clubs and deal with salaries. 2 clubs promoted to the Premiership and both working to strict budgets.

Prima donnas and prima donna salary deals work against building team unity

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 am

HarryParsnip wrote:It is ridiculous that chops gets 20k a week , or Hudson 14k a week - neither of them are worth that. So if Jay was on 7k a week , I would take money off them both and reallocate SOME of it to Jay. Jay and Chopra should be on the same wage - they do the same job.
If anything I would ditch Chopra and keep Jay. MC has a drink problem, a gambling problem and an attitude problem (I could cope with all of these IF he wasnt so FAT and if he could actually score some goals on a regular basis)
But he cant - so time to jog on Chops

Or waddle slowly.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:45 am

What were the salary caps at Blackpool in 2009/10 and Swansea in 2010/11? Given their success in achieving promotion, I suspect that a fair few chairmen will be using these as guides for 2011/12. Madejski has recently expressed views in favour of salary caps.