Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mark Robbins for me.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:56 am

There has and will be a lot of debate over the next few days regarding the possible candidates for the position of manager. I for one think that Mark Robbins would fit the bill but would maybe take two seasons to get us to the promised land. He is young, his teams play good football eg Rotherham and Barnsley and has helped with coaching sessions at Man Ure with the ties with Ferguson. He is in a similar mould to Rodgers who remember was sacked by Reading and would come cheaper which would allow more money for player recruitment. I know he would be a leftfield coach but look at the managers who have had success in this division and the first and most are young, play good attacking football and have been recently sacked or left lower clubs.

Brendan Rodgers - Sacked By Reading went to the Jacks
Paul Lambert - Left Colchester for Norwich
Gus Poyet - Sacked by Leeds and Got Brighton promoted
Nigel Adkins - Left Scunny got Southampton promoted.
Lee Clark - Got Huddersfield to the play offs playing excellent attacking football.
John Sheridan - Chesterfield promoted scoring a hatfull of goals after being sacked by Oldham
Gary Waddock - Wycombe promoted after leaving Aldershot.

Much prefer a manager like one of these than some of the dinosaurs who have been out of the game for months/years

Re: Mark Robbins for me.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:10 am

I'm not convinced by him and I don't think that he will get 2 seasons to get it right. Anyone who comes in will have to do it next season. After the last couple of seasons, everyone at the club, fans included, will be demanding it

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:42 am

He may be OK in the future but he has little experience in management. What has he achieved to date? I think we need someone who has already produced results and has experience at the higher level otherwise it's a bit more of a gamble. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:53 am

If Robins comes here I'll be ecstatic. And watch the odds on us buying Adam le fondre drop to the floor. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:16 am

What had Rodgers and Lambert achieved? All the so called big name managers have had large budgets something I doubt we will have next season. I think the key to a successfull season is a young, forward thinking manager who will not be afraid to give youth and players from the lower leagues a chance. Young hungry manager, young hungry players and a brand of passing football that will get us promotion if not next season then more realistically the season after. Remember we will be rebuilding over half the side and promotion maybe a season to early.