Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

why were sam/langstone

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:56 am

willing to knock millions off the debt owed to them? its obviously been talked about in the past but can someone explain.

Re: why were sam/langstone

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:57 am

jinks-rct wrote:willing to knock millions off the debt owed to them? its obviously been talked about in the past but can someone explain.

to get the cash quick before anyone starts looking into how much was actually due?

I have no idea, and in all honesty, neither does anyone who posts on here. its all speculation, the only person who really knows, is Sam Hammam.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:22 pm

The following is my opinion (based on nothing other than my own thoughts)
The alleged money owed to Langston contains both capital expenditure and also interest.
If, for example, Langston say they invested 10million in the club - then forensic accountants will look to find all the invoices and the reciepts for that expenditure and check to whome the money was paid. If it turns out that money was actually paid to companies - that were also in the control of Mr Hammam or Langston - then obviously something is up.

You cant really have a company that loans / 'invests' into a club, then pays various 3rd parties large fees etc - so it in effect goes back to original loanee. Add on top of that a rate of interest much higher than the club would have had to pay if they had loaned the money from a bank - and you can see a big issue. Whether or not this is / was the case remains to be established - but either way the Forensic accountants will find this out. The same as they should also look into the previous chairman's consultancy fees - and to whome they were paid.

Some people are jumping to the conclusion that the Langston offer to reduce the balance owed - is a direct response to that a smoking gun has been found - again - we'll all have to wait and see what develops.

There is definatley a good story for a book in all of this though :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:43 pm

HarryParsnip wrote:The following is my opinion (based on nothing other than my own thoughts)
The alleged money owed to Langston contains both capital expenditure and also interest.
If, for example, Langston say they invested 10million in the club - then forensic accountants will look to find all the invoices and the reciepts for that expenditure and check to whome the money was paid. If it turns out that money was actually paid to companies - that were also in the control of Mr Hammam or Langston - then obviously something is up.

You cant really have a company that loans / 'invests' into a club, then pays various 3rd parties large fees etc - so it in effect goes back to original loanee. Add on top of that a rate of interest much higher than the club would have had to pay if they had loaned the money from a bank - and you can see a big issue. Whether or not this is / was the case remains to be established - but either way the Forensic accountants will find this out. The same as they should also look into the previous chairman's consultancy fees - and to whome they were paid.

Some people are jumping to the conclusion that the Langston offer to reduce the balance owed - is a direct response to that a smoking gun has been found - again - we'll all have to wait and see what develops.

There is definatley a good story for a book in all of this though :ayatollah:

yeah i can see the book now.. FROM MILLIONS TO F**K ALL by langstone :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:48 pm

jinks-rct wrote:willing to knock millions off the debt owed to them? its obviously been talked about in the past but can someone explain.

The fact is... nobody can really explain this. Not on this board anyways!

There are theories, counter theories... Sams version, Ridsdales version, PMG's version.

But Vincent Tans Forensic investigation will be his version of the 'new broom sweeps clean'

The truth will out as they say.

I think his real target in all this is PMG, they are the fly in the ointment. I think Sam will
be seen off with a few million, and that in itself will tell its own story!!!