Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC MANAGER INTERVIEWS LATEST

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:39 pm

The club held an interview today with Chris Hughton, I believe the interview took place in London.

Roberto Di Matteo is being interviewed tomorrow and this is set to take place in Birmingham.

Regarding Alan Curbishley I did not ask about when his interview is set for but have been told that if he is chosen for the job then Mervyn Day will come as his No.2.

If the club want Martin O Neill then they may have a battle from another Championship club, Nottingham Forest, who I believe are close to parting company with Billy Davies and they want O Neill as his successor.

Since Mark Hughes left Fulham late this afternoon I have had a call to say that Hughes will be meeting with City to discuss the managers job.

The club hoped they would get their man in and done early next week but I am told from an insider that "It will take longer than what we thought", my opinion is that the earliest we would hear something is late next week.

I am abroad from Sunday but will ring Annis if I hear anything, though I suspect or hope that he will ring me and tell me who had got the job.

Re: CCFC MANAGER INTERVIEWS LATEST

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Good to know that CCFC is still apparently leaking information like a sieve ;)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Cheers Carl - Great short update to what is going on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Very interesting about Billy Davies, wouldn't be a bad alternative if MON went to forest

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:43 pm

NJ73 wrote:Good to know that CCFC is still apparently leaking information like a sieve ;)

Makes a change from our shit defence leaking goals i suppose.....

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:43 pm

NJ73 wrote:Good to know that CCFC is still apparently leaking information like a sieve ;)

Like your defence next season :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Carl any idea to how many people the club are going to interview mate.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:45 pm

MON is the 1st option. then hughes. i tell you what them two being intrested in are club just says how much we have improved as a club. TG and Co are going to show the championship how its done!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Carl any idea to how many people the club are going to interview mate.

Tony I asked how many were on the short list but I was not given an answer to be honest. But there have been more applications today.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Can Mervyn Day still play in goal? :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:49 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Very interesting about Billy Davies, wouldn't be a bad alternative if MON went to forest

Bigger bottler than Jones tbh.

carlccfc wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Carl any idea to how many people the club are going to interview mate.

Tony I asked how many were on the short list but I was not given an answer to be honest. But there have been more applications today.

Cheers Carl - and enjoy your break/hols ;)

Carl surely Hughes would have been sounded out on his wages,budget,ambition before wanting to meet

We must have a good chance?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:50 pm

just the mention of hughes looks like we mean businessness.
i'd love to have him here

TopCat CCFC wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Cheers Carl - and enjoy your break/hols ;)

Cheers Tony can't wait for an over indulgence over good food and alcohol :D

carlccfc wrote:The club held an interview today with Chris Hughton, I believe the interview took place in London.

Roberto Di Matteo is being interviewed tomorrow and this is set to take place in Birmingham.

Regarding Alan Curbishley I did not ask about when his interview is set for but have been told that if he is chosen for the job then Mervyn Day will come as his No.2.

If the club want Martin O Neill then they may have a battle from another Championship club, Nottingham Forest, who I believe are close to parting company with Billy Davies and they want O Neill as his successor.

Since Mark Hughes left Fulham late this afternoon I have had a call to say that Hughes will be meeting with City to discuss the managers job.

The club hoped they would get their man in and done early next week but I am told from an insider that "It will take longer than what we thought", my opinion is that the earliest we would hear something is late next week.

I am abroad from Sunday but will ring Annis if I hear anything, though I suspect or hope that he will ring me and tell me who had got the job.

Carl,

Surely if interviews were being held in London Curbishley would be interviewed in London? Day has just taken a new job at leeds so i think they would be pissed off :lol: :lol:

MON - would never choose Cardiff over Forrest.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:52 pm

nerd wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Very interesting about Billy Davies, wouldn't be a bad alternative if MON went to forest

Bigger bottler than Jones tbh.

He got Derby over the line though.

Although yes, his Preston side were very talented and he didn't get there.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Steve MON would if the malays war chest/ambition was greater? :ayatollah:

corndog70 wrote:just the mention of hughes looks like we mean businessness.
i'd love to have him here

Totally over rated in my opinion.

Good stuff cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Di Matteo's barmy army please!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:Carl surely Hughes would have been sounded out on his wages,budget,ambition before wanting to meet

Lets hope the right manager is chosen, not for name but for style of football and good coaching practices with a no nonsense attitude toward discipline, also a manger who will mix youth with experience and will have more than one system of play.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Daya wrote:
carlccfc wrote:The club held an interview today with Chris Hughton, I believe the interview took place in London.

Carl,

Surely if interviews were being held in London Curbishley would be interviewed in London? Day has just taken a new job at leeds so i think they would be pissed off :lol: :lol:

But he would choose both over West Ham

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Daya wrote:

Carl,

Steve maybe so mate but I am only relaying what I have been told so far. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Carl I hope the club doesn't approach Mark Hughes before July the 1st. As he is still under contract with Fulham :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:Carl surely Hughes would have been sounded out on his wages,budget,ambition before wanting to meet

bob do you think he resigned as the boss of premiership fulham on the off chance of an interview with a championship club or do you think he resigned because he had sorted himself out a deal with Villa.
bear in mind that hughes had not signed a new contract with fulham despite their attempts.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:57 pm

not having a dig mate just wondering like- i would guess loads ring u now and you have to shift through the shit :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Some great names there. People are easy enough to slag off Alan Curbishley for his Dave Jonesesque demeanour, but everytime I've seen him interviewed, he comes across massively intelligent, eloquent and very astute about the modern game. The West Ham job was at the wrong time for him. Di Matteo another fantastic football person to have in the frame. I'm not sure about Sparky though. That doesn't float my boat

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:03 pm

steve davies wrote:

bob do you think he resigned as the boss of premiership fulham on the off chance of an interview with a championship club or do you think he resigned because he had sorted himself out a deal with Villa.
bear in mind that hughes had not signed a new contract with fulham despite their attempts.

Steve don't wish to sound argumentative mate but Villa have ruled Hughes out and have stated he is not on their shortlist. But I do agree I don't believe he resigned from his position at Fulham on the chance he may get to meet Gethin Jenkins :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Daya wrote:not having a dig mate just wondering like- i would guess loads ring u now and you have to shift through the shit :lol: :lol:

No I know that mate :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 pm

CityGent wrote:Some great names there. People are easy enough to slag off Alan Curbishley for his Dave Jonesesque demeanour, but everytime I've seen him interviewed, he comes across massively intelligent, eloquent and very astute about the modern game. The West Ham job was at the wrong time for him. Di Matteo another fantastic football person to have in the frame. I'm not sure about Sparky though. That doesn't float my boat

Wrong time ???? dont make me laff im eating !