Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CCFC MANAGER INTERVIEWS LATEST

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 pm

CityGent wrote:Some great names there. People are easy enough to slag off Alan Curbishley for his Dave Jonesesque demeanour, but everytime I've seen him interviewed, he comes across massively intelligent, eloquent and very astute about the modern game. The West Ham job was at the wrong time for him. Di Matteo another fantastic football person to have in the frame. I'm not sure about Sparky though. That doesn't float my boat

Very much the same view as yourself Tony, I would love Martin O Neill but if Di Matteo or Curbishley were next manager then I would not be disappointed

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Daya wrote:
CityGent wrote:Some great names there. People are easy enough to slag off Alan Curbishley for his Dave Jonesesque demeanour, but everytime I've seen him interviewed, he comes across massively intelligent, eloquent and very astute about the modern game. The West Ham job was at the wrong time for him. Di Matteo another fantastic football person to have in the frame. I'm not sure about Sparky though. That doesn't float my boat

Wrong time ???? dont make me laff im eating !

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:06 pm

DI MATTEO'S BARMY ARMY!!!!!!

DI MATTEO LA LA LA LA DI MATTEO LA LA LA DI MATTEO LA LA LA LA DI MATTEO LA LA LA :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Very much the same view as yourself Tony, I would love Martin O Neill but if Di Matteo or Curbishley were next manager then I would not be disappointed

Cant see getting MON .

Di Matteo - be a good choice. thought he was a bit unlucky at West Brom.

Curbs- nice fella but Naaaahhh be a wrong choice .

Hughes - most overated Manager

Should have had Poyet when they had the chance in my opinion. I did express it at the time very often lol lol

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:10 pm

What a load of shite.

Someone hacked Carl's account?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Let's be honest Carl. We're now getting linked with people who were once interviewed for the England job. If people can criticise that, then they're pretty f*cking clueless IMHO ;-)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:What a load of shite.

Someone hacked Carl's account?

:o

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 pm

CityGent wrote:Let's be honest Carl. We're now getting linked with people who were once interviewed for the England job. If people can criticise that, then they're pretty f*cking clueless IMHO ;-)

The calibre of manager being interviewed and linked to our club is another step forward for us and the best thing is that is in no small part down to a lot of the work Dave Jones put in at the club :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Houllier out one day Hughes resigns the next my first thought's were he has been tapped up...

But after Carl's post about a meet he surely will know what's on the table from us?.

Thats is of course if Carl's source is right?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CityGent wrote:Let's be honest Carl. We're now getting linked with people who were once interviewed for the England job. If people can criticise that, then they're pretty f*cking clueless IMHO ;-)

The calibre of manager being interviewed and linked to our club is another step forward for us and the best thing is that is in no small part down to a lot of the work Dave Jones put in at the club :ayatollah:

links mean nothing though do they really - once they get in the interview and talk turkey get offered little money doesnt mean they still interested .

i reckon it will be a manager under 40 years old, up and coming and prepared to work on lowish salary with big bonus attatched for promotion.

Cant see board shelling out jones wages and smacking on top of that as well each month.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:Houllier out one day Hughes resigns the next my first thought's were he has been tapped up...

But after Carl's post about a meet he surely will know what's on the table from us?.

Thats is of course if Carl's source is right?

Unless Bellers has had a word with Sparky ;)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:25 pm

NJ73 wrote:Good to know that CCFC is still apparently leaking information like a sieve ;)

still obsessed with cardiff even though you are now better then us :?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:29 pm

I would not be happy with Mark Hughes. He only did a decent job at Blackburn because Savage and Bellamy were there to keep morale high. If anyone else has noticed, Hughes always does well starting off because he's easy going and the players appreciate this, but then the players eventually take advantage and performances decline.

With Wales, Hughes lifted us initially and we had a chance of qualifying, but then he blew it tactically. Man City, he spent a lot of money and players respected him at first, then fell into the comfort zone. Toshack had so much shit to sort out after Hughes' reign, Savage etc didn't like Toshack's style, but in my opinion, all Hughes' teams fall into the comfort zone because Hughes is too easy going, lets the players do what they want etc, so whoever take charge after him has to sort the players out again.

Mancini had a tough time starting off because Tevez was complaining about having to train both mornings AND afternoons again. Another example, just like with Toshack of the managers feeling the backlash from taking over a team after Hughes. My general feeling with teams Hughes has managed is players initially play for him, then take advantage. With last seasons drinking antics, we simply cannot allow someone like Hughes to be manager, the players will continue to do what they want off the pitch. Mark Hughes as a manager tries to be one of the boys and every players mate, but in the long run, it always leads to his downfall as the performances and results of his team demise. Just my opinion.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:55 pm

carl, do u know if tisdale is on the shortlist??

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:carl, do u know if tisdale is on the shortlist??

i think its a longlist

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 pm

(Crosses fingers)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:59 pm

I guess its safe to throw away my Burton & Ardley bettin slips then,

very encouraged by the names being mentioned, only one missing, wheres Mike Bassett?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:10 pm

haha frodo i'm starting to sound like tisdales agent!!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:37 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:haha frodo i'm starting to sound like tisdales agent!!

:D

He deserves serious consideration IMO.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Only won 11 league games out of 38 this season. Got big doubts

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:13 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Very interesting about Billy Davies, wouldn't be a bad alternative if MON went to forest

You are joking, right?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Daya wrote:

i think its a longlist

Is that like you thought QPR were getting deducted points? ;)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:17 pm

steve davies wrote:
Bob Hatton wrote:Carl surely Hughes would have been sounded out on his wages,budget,ambition before wanting to meet

We must have a good chance?

bob do you think he resigned as the boss of premiership fulham on the off chance of an interview with a championship club or do you think he resigned because he had sorted himself out a deal with Villa.
bear in mind that hughes had not signed a new contract with fulham despite their attempts.

....He wants THFC

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Daya wrote:
carlccfc wrote:The club held an interview today with Chris Hughton, I believe the interview took place in London.

Roberto Di Matteo is being interviewed tomorrow and this is set to take place in Birmingham.

Regarding Alan Curbishley I did not ask about when his interview is set for but have been told that if he is chosen for the job then Mervyn Day will come as his No.2.

If the club want Martin O Neill then they may have a battle from another Championship club, Nottingham Forest, who I believe are close to parting company with Billy Davies and they want O Neill as his successor.

Since Mark Hughes left Fulham late this afternoon I have had a call to say that Hughes will be meeting with City to discuss the managers job.

The club hoped they would get their man in and done early next week but I am told from an insider that "It will take longer than what we thought", my opinion is that the earliest we would hear something is late next week.

I am abroad from Sunday but will ring Annis if I hear anything, though I suspect or hope that he will ring me and tell me who had got the job.

Carl,

Surely if interviews were being held in London Curbishley would be interviewed in London? Day has just taken a new job at leeds so i think they would be pissed off :lol: :lol:

MON - would never choose Cardiff over Forrest.

Steve

Day has been Chief Scout at Leeds for nearly a year now. Have he taken up another post there now or is that the job you are referring to?

Elwood

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:21 pm

thats the one im on about - thats still new! but there again this is football i guess! :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:The club held an interview today with Chris Hughton, I believe the interview took place in London.

Roberto Di Matteo is being interviewed tomorrow and this is set to take place in Birmingham.

Regarding Alan Curbishley I did not ask about when his interview is set for but have been told that if he is chosen for the job then Mervyn Day will come as his No.2.

If the club want Martin O Neill then they may have a battle from another Championship club, Nottingham Forest, who I believe are close to parting company with Billy Davies and they want O Neill as his successor.

Since Mark Hughes left Fulham late this afternoon I have had a call to say that Hughes will be meeting with City to discuss the managers job.

The club hoped they would get their man in and done early next week but I am told from an insider that "It will take longer than what we thought", my opinion is that the earliest we would hear something is late next week. Why is this information being leaked from the club. In my opinion whoever is responsible for this should not be at the club. Anyone who is prepared to continually leak information in my opinion is unreliabe and I would not want to employ anyone who continually does this sort of thing.

I am abroad from Sunday but will ring Annis if I hear anything, though I suspect or hope that he will ring me and tell me who had got the job.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:09 am

Daya wrote:thats the one im on about - thats still new! but there again this is football i guess! :lol:

I know you don't want Curbishley, but I think he would be a good appointment.

A point in his favour would be if he got Mervyn Day bin as his number 2. As Chief Scout Day would have a good idea what decent players are around because he would have been watching them for Leeds. I'm sure he would also have an insight into our players as well as I am sure he would have seen us.

Could mean Curbishley and his team will hit the ground running if they were appointed,

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:58 am

Daya wrote:

The club hoped they would get their man in and done early next week but I am told from an insider that "It will take longer than what we thought", my opinion is that the earliest we would hear something is late next week.

Carl,

Surely if interviews were being held in London Curbishley would be interviewed in London? Day has just taken a new job at leeds so i think they would be pissed off :lol: :lol:

MON - would never choose Cardiff over Forrest.

i think forest would have to abolish thier transfer policy to land MON, where as at cardiff if the budget is there for him he will be given free reigns to do as he wants

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:58 am

not mark hughs, PPPPpppleeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:22 am

If we offer MON a good enough war chest we have one thing to offer over other suitors.....he would have, like DJ total control!!! MON has to have this at any club he goes to, not many clubs will allow that anymore, but we will :ayatollah: