Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: New Statement from the club.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:04 pm

I wonder if the substantial reduction of the debt owed to PMG, will result in their charge over player assets being dis-charged? Does it also effect the premier seating money that at the moment goes solely to PMG and does not benefit the clubs income at all?

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm

you have to feel that if PMG have gone for shares then thats only because they can see the value of the club increasing! This would certainly correspond with many sources reporting that the malaysians are going to go for it this summer and will be pumping money into the coaching and playing stuff! This is excellent news, just Langston to go now!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:I wonder if the substantial reduction of the debt owed to PMG, will result in their charge over player assets being dis-charged? Does it also effect the premier seating money that at the moment goes solely to PMG and does not benefit the clubs income at all?

im only guessing here but i would of thought the premie seats would became a source of income for the club now as before pmg debt was paid from the sales of the prem seats , and in the statement it mentions a new payment method which i imagine would be monthly installments £Xamount per month .

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:38 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:I wonder if the substantial reduction of the debt owed to PMG, will result in their charge over player assets being dis-charged? Does it also effect the premier seating money that at the moment goes solely to PMG and does not benefit the clubs income at all?

im only guessing here but i would of thought the premie seats would became a source of income for the club now as before pmg debt was paid from the sales of the prem seats , and in the statement it mentions a new payment method which i imagine would be monthly installments £Xamount per month .

I hope so, as it may allow greater flexibilty over the selling of those seats this season, if the club have full control over their marketability. I think that a big reason why the club have not been able to sell those seats on a match by match basis, was the fact that PMG and not the club had ownership of the revenue.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:42 pm

A huge statement of intent from both VT & TG and now the surprising inclusion of PMG. A very rock solid business team there, which can only bode well for our club's future. The Malaysians clearly see that PMG can provide the tight stewardship necessary here in the UK whilst they're away.

It started with getting rid of the old stagnant CCFC problems such as Jones, then the strong public stance towards getting rid of Hammam / Langston, and now this.

I am getting very excited about our prospects for the coming season indeed......

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Big statement this is!

To think less than a week ago there were loads on this board complaining
that the Malaysians were not acting decisively or quickly enough :lol: :lol:

I wrote a long post about how we should be trusting them but cant find
it now. Gutted, cos im not usually right lol

Dave

I Look forward to the out come :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47993 My Final words on the matter, Lets hope people like you are
man enough to then admit you were wrong when it does not go the way you want it to :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And you too Annis??

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Great shout Arfur Europe. The timing of these statements couldn't have been better. Considering we were looking at being millions in debt, for PMG to swap that for club shares looks remarkable. I don't think we realise how lucky we are with our Asian friends at the helm. Now, for the small matter of the management announement!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:43 pm

I wonder what the Supporters Trust opinion is on this because not long ago were they not asking what PMG were going to do when the tax man came calling. If I remember right PMG did nothing, left it all to the Malaysians to sort out. That led to a stand off between the 2.

Now I see they are in favour with each other. That to me is clearly to gang up against Sam. So once Sam is sorted are they going to be pally with each other.

Sorry but to me they are both playing games here to suit their own purposed which is fine, I cant do much about it anyway and just have to accept it. I reckon it wont be long until they turn against each other.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I wonder what the Supporters Trust opinion is on this because not long ago were they not asking what PMG were going to do when the tax man came calling. If I remember right PMG did nothing, left it all to the Malaysians to sort out. That led to a stand off between the 2.

Now I see they are in favour with each other. That to me is clearly to gang up against Sam. So once Sam is sorted are they going to be pally with each other.

Sorry but to me they are both playing games here to suit their own purposed which is fine, I cant do much about it anyway and just have to accept it. I reckon it wont be long until they turn against each other.

This agreement can only be seen as good news for the club but you are right there was a stand off now they are all loved up how long will it last well your guess is as good as mine.

Another interesting thing is Mike Hall joining the board - AGAIN, remember when he had to resign in a hurry on the lead up to the Langston Court Hearing. Conflict of interest was the official reason spouted by the then board;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 067763.stm

Also the part of the statement that says PMG support the boards decision to engage FA to investigate SH business dealings well correct me if i'm wrong but Paul Guy (PMG) is already a non executive member of the board and surely would already have been part of that decision making process.

Yet another example of Smoke and Mirrors if you ask me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But still a positive deal no doubt about that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:15 pm

stuckster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Big statement this is!

To think less than a week ago there were loads on this board complaining
that the Malaysians were not acting decisively or quickly enough :lol: :lol:

I wrote a long post about how we should be trusting them but cant find
it now. Gutted, cos im not usually right lol

Dave

I Look forward to the out come :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47993 My Final words on the matter, Lets hope people like you are
man enough to then admit you were wrong when it does not go the way you want it to :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And you too Annis??

Sniper, Stuckster Snipers like U only want to read what you want to see, READ MY Link.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47993 :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I wonder what the Supporters Trust opinion is on this because not long ago were they not asking what PMG were going to do when the tax man came calling. If I remember right PMG did nothing, left it all to the Malaysians to sort out. That led to a stand off between the 2.

Yes Good shout Ian, Whats their comments regarding PMG, who would never help us out regarding Our Tax Problems, Hmm.

What I will say is, PMG converting the Debts in to Shares Is Brilliant News. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:10 pm

The charge over the proceeds of sale of players is in favour of Ray Ranson`s company Sports Asset Management group , not PMG.

And the money from the Premier Club does benefit the club in that it reduces its debts by being used to pay off PMG.

Keith

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Keith, I know this maybe a stab in the dark, but do you know how much we may have paid off the PMG loan from the Premier Seating?

Marc

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:09 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:Keith, I know this maybe a stab in the dark, but do you know how much we may have paid off the PMG loan from the Premier Seating?

Marc

I don`t know sorry Marc , because I don`t know what the balance of debt was at different dates that was attracting interest (I believe at a rate of 7% p.a.).

But I doubt if the gross income per season from the Premier seats has been much over £1m as it has not been a huge success to date (as evidenced by how many empty seats are there each game), so not great inroads into the capital amount owed to PMG.

Keith

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:28 pm

Feking embarrassing'''''' Pay Sam Haman His Dues and lets move on, He's provided us a potential Premiership monster that is without doubt ALL involved with CCFC Prior to the Mal's arrival have all done fine from his legacy, Maybe Sam has already got his forensic team in place to show that He's not talking as much Crap as the rest of them'' SHOW some pride all on the Board and stop looking like a bunch of Knockers by trying to get out of settling honorably and get the show on the road!!!!! :old: