Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mark Robbins

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Paddy Power had made him even money fav and pushed Hughtons odds out to 15/8, now other bookies seem to be following suit http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager hope there is nothing in this as i really don't rate him as a manger.

Does anyone know if he is being interviewed for the job?

Re: Mark Robbins

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Really hope not,he'd be way down my list.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:21 pm

bookies are as clueless as us at the moment mate. :lol:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:25 pm

i find it quite funny at the moment the bookies know nothing not even the board know yet :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:29 pm

milly44 wrote:bookies are as clueless as us at the moment mate. :lol:

Thank f**k for that, i'd rather DJ be reinstated.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Hallett wrote:
milly44 wrote:bookies are as clueless as us at the moment mate. :lol:

Thank f**k for that, i'd rather DJ be reinstated.

steady on now :twisted: :)

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:12 pm

hmmmm cant say that Robins would fill me with excitement to be honest

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:03 pm

I think he did a pretty decent job with Barnsley with limited resources. Why did he leave Barnsley? I'm assuming he resigned?

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Dont want him after all the bigger names being banded about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANT MARTIN O`NEILL

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Mark Robins' managerial career to date:

Rotherham United

Robins joined Rotherham United in June 2000 as a player and subsequently as assistant manager,[7] under manager Alan Knill. However, by the end of February 2007, the Millers sat 13 points adrift of safety, making the threat of relegation almost inevitable. This resulted in Knill being sacked on 1 March, with Robins becoming caretaker manager.[8] After a spell of three wins in six games while in charge as caretaker manager, and moving the club off the bottom of League One,[9] Robins' position was made permanent on 6 April 2007.[10] Robins gained much praise for his first 2 seasons with the Millers. The first saw Rotherham consistently in the automatic promotion places until a late dip in form, and the second almost brought promotion despite a 17 point deduction imposed by the Football League. Robins also attracted many high calibre players to the Don Valley Stadium, including League 2 player of the season Nicky Law and prolific goalscorer Adam le Fondre.
[edit] Barnsley

Robins was appointed as the new manager of Barnsley on 9 September 2009, succeeding Simon Davey. After his first game in charge, the Championship club sat at the bottom of the table looking likely candidates for relegation. By Christmas, Robins had taken them a full nine points clear of the relegation zone and on a run of eight games unbeaten. This was followed by a poor spell towards the end of the season, and Barnsley finished 18th in the table. Robins resigned from his job at the end of the 2010-11 season, because of differences with the board.

To be fair he has done a fantastic job at both clubs, although the late dips in form towards the end of the season may mean he has a certain hint of Dave Jonesitis. I'm assuming he wanted backing at barnsley to assemble his own team and they wouldn't give him funds so he resigned?

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:43 pm

If I went to the bookies and put a grand on Benitez, his odds would fly in.

Its pathetic. The people who put the bets on basically do their work in situations like this.