Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" PMG "

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:35 pm

[*]Whichever way you see this, I can only see positives. If as some people seem to assume the debt to Langstons is either non existent or anywhere up to 24 million, only time and possibly legal action will tell. But for PMG to swop debt for shares must show in my eyes one of two things, One, the debt to Langstons can be dealt with, otherwise why take on the extra responsibility and debt that comes with a bigger share holding, And two, hopefully either way they must see the chance to make further money from the club, otherwise why would they de doing it. I think the time to worry is when the cash cow is totally dried up and these actions would suggest otherwise. Got to be good for us in the long run.

Re: pmg

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Totally agree Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:48 pm

BigGwynram wrote:[*]Whichever way you see this, I can only see positives. If as some people seem to assume the debt to Langstons is either non existent or anywhere up to 24 million, only time and possibly legal action will tell. But for PMG to swop debt for shares must show in my eyes one of two things, One, the debt to Langstons can be dealt with, otherwise why take on the extra responsibility and debt that comes with a bigger share holding, And two, hopefully either way they must see the chance to make further money from the club, otherwise why would they de doing it. I think the time to worry is when the cash cow is totally dried up and these actions would suggest otherwise. Got to be good for us in the long run.

What I don't get though is why have they organised a new payment plan when at the same time say they've turned the debt in to shares? If it's now in shares what are they still paying off? Or are they lumping the shares up front and then selling them back to the club as the payments are made?

Totally confused now!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:53 pm

I didn't even know a deal with PMG was on the cards, there had been no updates or rumours that this may happen. I think the last mention of them was that they were calling for their monies to be paid back to them in full.

Seems a very positive statement on the face of it.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Sorry but I'm uncomfortable about this. PMG never came to us when the tax man came calling. Not long ago they were calling for their money, now they are buying shares in the club. Something is going on and I'm struggling to beleive it is for the benefit of the club.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:59 pm

BigGwynram wrote:[*]Whichever way you see this, I can only see positives. If as some people seem to assume the debt to Langstons is either non existent or anywhere up to 24 million, only time and possibly legal action will tell. But for PMG to swop debt for shares must show in my eyes one of two things, One, the debt to Langstons can be dealt with, otherwise why take on the extra responsibility and debt that comes with a bigger share holding, And two, hopefully either way they must see the chance to make further money from the club, otherwise why would they de doing it. I think the time to worry is when the cash cow is totally dried up and these actions would suggest otherwise. Got to be good for us in the long run.

For once I agree with you Gwyn.

PMG are looking to make money from the club, there has bever been a lot of doubt about it. They are businessmen, that's what businessmen do. Unfortunately other members of the board at CCFC have not been as transparent.

Very encouraging sign today.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Sorry but I'm uncomfortable about this. PMG never came to us when the tax man came calling. Not long ago they were calling for their money, now they are buying shares in the club. Something is going on and I'm struggling to beleive it is for the benefit of the club.

I was under the impression that PMG have been dipping their hands in their pockets frequently to stave off disaster. Now I don't for one second believe that they were acting in an altruistic manner but they did it nonetheless.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:03 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Sorry but I'm uncomfortable about this. PMG never came to us when the tax man came calling. Not long ago they were calling for their money, now they are buying shares in the club. Something is going on and I'm struggling to beleive it is for the benefit of the club.

I was under the impression that PMG have been dipping their hands in their pockets frequently to stave off disaster. Now I don't for one second believe that they were acting in an altruistic manner but they did it nonetheless.

Not when the taxman came calling.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

Not when the taxman came calling.

I take it that you know for definite that they didn't because I don't know one way or the other.

Fact is, that it would not have been in their interests to see CIty fold.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Allegedly I do believe - these guys are in it for the money I'm sure, that's why they are rich and successful and I'm not but this does seem a complete u-turn from just over a week ago when they were wanting to cash in their chips. Seems our secured creditors are now in bed together which is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Wayne S wrote:I didn't even know a deal with PMG was on the cards, there had been no updates or rumours that this may happen. I think the last mention of them was that they were calling for their monies to be paid back to them in full.

Seems a very positive statement on the face of it.

Wayne, I totally agree on this if PMG are converting the Debts in to Shares, ITS GREAT NEWS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And like Gwyn Said it has to be Good in the Long Term of Our Club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Berwyn wrote:

What I don't get though is why have they organised a new payment plan when at the same time say they've turned the debt in to shares? If it's now in shares what are they still paying off? Or are they lumping the shares up front and then selling them back to the club as the payments are made?

Totally confused now!

The statement says:
"PMG have agreed to convert a significant amount of their debt into shares while also agreeing a new payment plan ...."

Guess the new payment plan is for what's left after the "significant" amount has been converted.

I supppose "significant" can mean a wide range of values - would 30% be significant; 75%? etc.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Berwyn wrote:

Totally confused now!

The statement says they have converted a significant part of the debt into shares. There is therefore obviously debt remaining and therefore that still requires a payment plan. That's how I read it.

Re: " PMG "

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:33 pm

The Malaysians are working quietly in the background and things are getting done. These guys are the real deal ;)

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

Totally confused now!

The statement says they have converted a significant part of the debt into shares. There is therefore obviously debt remaining and therefore that still requires a payment plan. That's how I read it.

Elwood, So we still will have a DEBT with PMG, Hmm, No where near as good as I first thought, Dam.I was just reading the head line. I thought if we got them finished with then we really were on to a winner.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Berwyn wrote:What I don't get though is why have they organised a new payment plan when at the same time say they've turned the debt in to shares? If it's now in shares what are they still paying off? Or are they lumping the shares up front and then selling them back to the club as the payments are made?

Totally confused now!

It says that they have converted a "Significant amount of debt" into shares AND arranged a new payment plan.

So it looks like a bit of both, but they are not giving full details. It could be just 50 quids worth of shares and the rest is STILL owed.

The statement could just be contrived to put pressure on Langston. It sounds good on the face of it but you have previously told me to question more and this does produce more questions than it answers. :ayatollah:
Last edited by Wayne S on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slowly slowly catchey monkey Annis ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I suppose you will find out the answer to what a significant amount is by going back to the Special General Meeting in May 2010 where I believe a chunk of shares were set aside that could be sold at the discretion of the board. What was the value of that chunk of shares?

Whatever it is there is obviously a balance still outstanding from the £11m loan PMG gave the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:35 pm

ihatealiens wrote:The Malaysians are working quietly in the background and things are getting done. These guys are the real deal ;)

I wish they had given Dave Jones his notice a year ago. Instead now he is costing us £760,000 for playing Full Time Golf.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Berwyn wrote:What I don't get though is why have they organised a new payment plan when at the same time say they've turned the debt in to shares? If it's now in shares what are they still paying off? Or are they lumping the shares up front and then selling them back to the club as the payments are made?

Totally confused now!

It says that they have converted a "Significant amount of debt" into shares AND arranged a new payment plan.

So it looks like a bit of both, but they are not giving full details. It could be just 50 quits worth of shares and the rest is STILL owed.

The statement could just be contrived to put pressure on Langston. It sounds good on the face of it but you have previously told me to question more and this does produce more questions than it answers. :ayatollah:

Think Smoke And Mirrors Wayne :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:37 pm

castleblue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Totally confused now!

So it looks like a bit of both, but they are not giving full details. It could be just 50 quits worth of shares and the rest is STILL owed.

Think Smoke And Mirrors Wayne :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Gary, I am Def thinking that.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:

Elwood, So we still will have a DEBT with PMG, Hmm, No where near as good as I first thought, Dam.I was just reading the head line. I thought if we got them finished with then we really were on to a winner.

Annis I notice Mike Hall has been appointed to the Board - AGAIN, remember when he had to resign in the lead up to the Langston Court Hearing conflict of interest was the official line.

Hmmmmmm Smoke And Mirrors I keep thinking Smoke And Mirrors :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It has to be said though converting debts to shares is a good thing for the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:44 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:

Annis I notice Mike Hall has been appointed to the Board - AGAIN, remember when he had to resign in the lead up to the Langston Court Hearing conflict of interest was the official line.

Hmmmmmm Smoke And Mirrors I keep thinking Smoke And Mirrors :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It has to be said though converting debts to shares is a good thing for the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gary, I dont care what other people think, But having another Rugby man on Board our Football Club, In My mind its not right and No I am Not happy about that and its my opinion. Where were the Rugby people when Cardiff City were Skint and in Division 4 ? they laughed at us.

Yes Def a Smoke Screen.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 pm

and very good for them

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:47 pm

byron moreno wrote:

and very good for them

Yes it Sure will be, Paul Guy Does Not Miss a Good deal.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:The Malaysians are working quietly in the background and things are getting done. These guys are the real deal ;)

I wish they had given Dave Jones his notice a year ago. Instead now he is costing us £760,000 for playing Full Time Golf.

Yes but if he gets a job doesn't he forego any pay off from our club? Don't think he will be out of work long as much as I didn't like him he is regarded in the football world as a steady hand. I think the Malaysians have worked a blinder here. My only criticism was that it took a week or so longer than it should to sack him (put him on gardening leave) but I was not party to all the goings on and so can't comment what was going on between the defeat to Reading and his sacking.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:49 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes but if he gets a job doesn't he forego any pay off from our club? Don't think he will be out of work long as much as I didn't like him he is regarded in the football world as a steady hand. I think the Malaysians have worked a blinder here. My only criticism was that it took a week or so longer than it should to sack him (put him on gardening leave) but I was not party to all the goings on and so can't comment what was going on between the defeat to Reading and his sacking.

Yes he would, but with the wages were paying him, I cant see him giving his Golf up.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:51 pm

I suppose its only what most people would do if they had a similar contract but I agree it does smack of him taking the piss a bit.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Yes but if he gets a job doesn't he forego any pay off from our club? Don't think he will be out of work long as much as I didn't like him he is regarded in the football world as a steady hand. I think the Malaysians have worked a blinder here. My only criticism was that it took a week or so longer than it should to sack him (put him on gardening leave) but I was not party to all the goings on and so can't comment what was going on between the defeat to Reading and his sacking.

Yes he would, but with the wages were paying him, I cant see him giving his Golf up.

Just one question "How does he swing the club with his hands in his pockets" ;)

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Berwyn wrote:

Totally confused now!

Some of the debt. Not all. Like the Malaysians previously converting some loans into shares. Means PMG are still owed, but owed less, with a restructured payment plan that fits into the Malaysians long term plans.