Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Clark/Malky Mackay......

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:10 pm

......as CCFC manager ? What does everyone think ? :ayatollah:

Re: Lee Clark/Malky Mackay......

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Lee Clark seems to be a decent manager but the longer Huddersfield are staying in League One the more his market value decreases. It's a tough division but Huddersfield really should have been promoted this year with the side they had.

Malky Mackay... again, they had the league's top scorer but still only finished mid-table. Not sure he's the answer.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Lee Clark has failed in the play-offs in two succesive seasons in a lower division, that doesn't make him a bad manager of course, but not quite ready for us i think.

We have to have someone who has experience of managing successfuly at least at championship level, preferably with a promotion under his belt (Curbishley, Di Matteo, Hughton).

Or failing that a lady with a nice big chest would do.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:22 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:......as CCFC manager ? What does everyone think ? :ayatollah:

I would actually be happy with Mackay, purely because he is scottish who more than often seem to be decent managers! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Zabier wrote:Lee Clark seems to be a decent manager but the longer Huddersfield are staying in League One the more his market value decreases. It's a tough division but Huddersfield really should have been promoted this year with the side they had.

Malky Mackay... again, they had the league's top scorer but still only finished mid-table. Not sure he's the answer.

Good point about Clark, but for some reason I think the guy's a very promising young manager who plays a 4-3-3 system and someone who always looks very animated, which must stand out to CCFC fans really, seeing that for the past 6 years we've had to put up with a manager who always has his hands in his pockets :lol:

Mackay also stands out to me as he's done well under, basically, no budget whatsoever. He's also not afraid to play the youngsters, e.g Sordell, Hodson etc. and even had them on a near club record-breaking run of wins, something like 7 or 8 wasn't it ? Which got them to the brink of the play-offs, but they eventually fell away. Like boyo1927 said, the fact that he's Scottish seems to suggest that he's a good manager anyway :lol: