Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:10 am

I'm travelling arounf the Far East and presently in Phuket having visited Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Bankok before arriving here. This trip has certainly opened my eyes to all the different cultures but also just how much the Asians love their football. During my travels I have seen scores of Premier replica shirts being worn by locals and you probably wont be surprised to learn that man U are the team nearly all of them support(also seen 1 Chelsea and 1 Liverpool).In fact I watched the Champions league final in the centre of Kuala Lumpur and the Prime Minister of Malaysia was sat their wearing a Man U shirt.

I think this illustrates just how big the premier is out here and maybe a hint as to why our backers at Berjaya are supporting us. Imagine if we could get the exposure of live games that are broadcast out here ! As regards Berjaya they seem to be involved in nearly all the big building projects that are taking place out here and I've spoken to lots of locals that tell me they have heard of Dato tan (pronounced DA as in Dad) and he is held in high..

Anyway fellow Bluebirds I've been supporting the boys since 1958 so i've had my share of dissapointments and false dawns but i truely believe we are now in good hands with exciting times to come.

keep the faith

Re: Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:13 am

Midfield general wrote:Lived in Veitman and Thailand in the past and I fully agree with you.
i hope you havnt chnaged your name from G Glitter ;) :lol: