Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

your ideal premiership???????????

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:45 am

given that the premier league has now alot of shall we call small teams in it ( swansea,wigan,norwich,stoke etc) what would be your choices given that alot of bigger clubs cardiff :ayatollah:,leeds west ham,birmingham,southampton both sheffield clubs are in the lower divisions

Re: your ideal premiership???????????

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:04 am

caerblue wrote:given that the premier league has now alot of shall we call small teams in it ( swansea,wigan,norwich,stoke etc) what would be your choices given that alot of bigger clubs cardiff :ayatollah:,leeds west ham,birmingham,southampton both sheffield clubs are in the lower divisions

The lower leagues are now Full of Bigger Clubs than what are actually in the Premiership.
Theres prob up to 8 clubs in my opinion who are not big clubs, but they did get their on their own merit, So I cant argue with it.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:39 am

everybody(including the jacks :D )are in the premiership on merit but if fans could actually pick(and not pick the team they actually support) it would be very interesting to see the final outcome :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:51 am

I love the fact that a "small" team like Wigan or Stoke can sustain Prem football, I only wish one of them would get lucky enough one season to be able to challenge for the title.
Despite the constant claims that this seasons premier league was the most open and exiting for years, yet again it was the same old teams competing with Man utd winning thier 19th league title. How is that exiting.

As far as the likes of Sky and Talksport are concerned, they would love a closed shop with only "big teams" in the top flight. The more that football turns into an armchair game for so many the more likely that is to happen.

Give me the Championship any time, far, far more exiting division. I know last season was frustrating and ultimately unsuccesful but it certainly wasn't boring.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:51 pm

harold pinta wrote:I love the fact that a "small" team like Wigan or Stoke can sustain Prem football, I only wish one of them would get lucky enough one season to be able to challenge for the title.
Despite the constant claims that this seasons premier league was the most open and exiting for years, yet again it was the same old teams competing with Man utd winning thier 19th league title. How is that exiting.

As far as the likes of Sky and Talksport are concerned, they would love a closed shop with only "big teams" in the top flight. The more that football turns into an armchair game for so many the more likely that is to happen.

Give me the Championship any time, far, far more exiting division. I know last season was frustrating and ultimately unsuccesful but it certainly wasn't boring.

been obvious fr a long while the premier league has a split of the top 6 and the rest just mke up th numbers casing he odd upset

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:05 pm

If you asked me to pick what teams to go into the Premiership, I would pick the Wrexham's of the world. The smaller, lower league clubs in financial trouble who would get the funds to clear out all their problems with Premiership football. Of course, I would then pick ourselves as against these smaller teams, we would be favourites to win the Premiership, and get Champions League football. So our debts, and the debts of the smaller clubs would be cleared and everyone would be happy. :D

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Good thread. Personally I can't stand a club like Wigan who are only really in the Premier League because of a sugar daddy, in their case Dave Whelan. Saying that, like Annis said - every club that has been promoted to the Prem has done so on merit.

Plenty of big clubs down in the Championship (e.g Leicester, Leeds, Forest & Derby) or even League 1 (Sheffield Wednesday) these days, even Southampton were in the league below us only last season. Good to see them back !