Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The appointment of the new manager will signal the intent o

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:49 am

Then it is going to have to be a premier manager. The Malaysians need promotion by 2013.

Re: The appointment of the new manager will signal the intent ow

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:52 am

Why 2013?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:54 am

Couldn't agree more, we'll know how the season will look to go, as soon as we know the name of the manager. The fact they are even bothering to interview Hughton sounds promising to me, he won't come here if he's told he has no money, so they wouldn't waste their time. Hopefully.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:56 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Why 2013?

It is when the Malaysians get their betting licence.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:56 am

yoyo wrote:Couldn't agree more, we'll know how the season will look to go, as soon as we know the name of the manager. The fact they are even bothering to interview Hughton sounds promising to me, he won't come here if he's told he has no money, so they wouldn't waste their time. Hopefully.

Spot on, if they appoint a manager a manager like Hughton, it does mean they have promised to back him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:11 am

Just wait and see what they have up their sleeve. Next season will be a cracker :D

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:42 am

VT has a £2billion rainbow he can see in the form of betting licence in Malaysia this is the reason why he will want PL football sooner rather than letter "throw a sprat to a cathc a mackrel" VT's mackrel is a golden one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:51 am

The Malaysians are very shrewd business people and even though it suggests that Gethin and Alan are the men choosing, they will have the final say.

They know their stuff and would have done their homework.

In TG and VT we trust.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 am

I don't think anyone should be disappointed if Robins get's the job though. He is a young manager, who is well connected and did well to keep a poor Barnsley side in the Championship, also worked wonders at completely skint Rotherham and had to deal with a massive points deduction.

He is a young ambitious manager on the up.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:44 am

IMO for what it's worth, if TG and VT were only considering consolidation etc etc why bother interviewing some well known ex Prem managers? Di Matteo, Hughton etc are ambitious men who know how to get out of the Championship. If consolidation or even survival were the boards benchmarks for next season then surely Jonesy would be the man, failing that people like Robins would be capable alternatives. Has Robins even been interviewed? if so he may tick all the boxes with our bosses and land the job in front of the people's favourites, they could be impressed with him so much that they could consider him capable of taking us up if given the neccasary funds. Great fun at the moment trying to guess who will get the job and what the boards ambitions are, I believe promotion is the goal for next season and some exciting times lie ahead and some exciting signings as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:54 am

I hope its not houghton cos he is a bit like jones dont show any emotion, i may be wrong but there you go

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:59 am

I think whoever they pick, will have to cope with the pressure that we as fans will put on him.
So in that respect I hope its someone who as some experience of a big club (not saying we are a big club).
Also hopefully a proven succesful manager, who can change things when things go wrong, like going a goal down.
Someone who as a plan B maybe even a plan C, but that is probably asking too much ;) .
But I agree with you it will signal our intent for the next few seasons. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:20 am

The writing has been on the wall for a long time like lennie lawro before him, dave took us as far as he could... We had some great memories like the FA cup run and close to promotion for the last 3 years, however i felt that when the push come's to shove dave just wasnt the man to take us up to the premier league...

Hearing some of the names being thrown about for the vacant managers job does bring a little smile to the face, especially after working this week down port talbot steel works where im constantley reminded of monday's result and DJ's sacking :( However with some high profile jobs in the premier league up for grabs ( fulham & villa) i just feel that the sort of managers of hughton & curbishley's expereience would not be interested in the high expectation, low budget, no squad & championship team scenario that cardiff offers... (Can't believe O'neils name being mentioned, walked out on villa when they were competing for champions league places, would even give us an after thought!)

I just hope whoever is appointed the owners will provide enough funds to at least compete for promotion, also i hope they haven't got the mind set of many of these other foreign owners who expect to much to quick...

Let them jacks have their season of fun, come next season it shall be business as usual, number 1 team in wales!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:23 am

Bob Hatton wrote:VT has a £2billion rainbow he can see in the form of betting licence in Malaysia this is the reason why he will want PL football sooner rather than letter "throw a sprat to a cathc a mackrel" VT's mackrel is a golden one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

How does that work being a bookie and owning a football club?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:04 pm

You can bet on your own team losing in the play offs and make a mint !

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 pm

The Trooper wrote:You can bet on your own team losing in the play offs and make a mint !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: did they have a double?