Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WAS THIS SEASON A SUCCESS OR A FAILURE ? "

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:11 am

DaveSheffield wrote:The reality is that we finished in the same position as last year with a squad, Bellamy discounted, was expected to be playoffs at best. One man does not a team make.

However, another fact is that we failed to improve on last season's performance, making Jones' position at the club untenable. Fairly simple really.

I couldn't say that we succeeded but to say that we failed is incredibly harsh imo.

Dave, We def Failed and if Jones was Honest, he was the one who said we would get promoted, also Jones Guaranteed the Malaysians we would go up,not just via the play offs but Automatically.We also had the Highest Budget.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:39 am

What should have been a VHS season sadly turned into a Betamax.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:40 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:What should have been a VHS season sadly turned into a Betamax.

Nice analogy! :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Merlin wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:What should have been a VHS season sadly turned into a Betamax.

Nice analogy! :lol:

Aye fair play, that's a cracking way of putting it :lol: Headline writer for the Echo next up!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:03 pm

I don't care we finished 4th. We did not get promoted so that for me represents a failure.

Moreover the football we played bar a few games was boring, and defensively poor. Little entertainment, high on stress levels.

I'd be quite happy to finish mid table if we were entertained, and our players gave 100% and our manager had some rapport with the players and fans and press.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:34 pm

No Major Debts paid Off even when money from season tickets and investors was put into the Club,we wasted lots of money on loan players so we have small Assets with regards to players.we have not brought any young players into the side, indeed we have lost one Adam TO celtic, just like Joe.Whoever come in now will have to start fron scratch and will need time.Did not do well in the playoffs,despite being told it was our best sqaud for years,so that makes it...........
A Failure for me.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:02 pm

In the long term I dont think it will be seen as a 'wasted' twelve months.

A mistake was made, and that was to give Dave Jones another chance to get us
up. That was the only mistake really

Because OFF the pitch.. things have been quietly moving along, the Club has been
restructured, its being run more professionally, and with the PMG and Langstone
announcements, its obvious a lot of work has been going on behind the scenes to
get the debts sorted.

As a CLUB, i feel we are healthier right now than we were 12 months ago, the 18000
season tickets sold will attest to that.

The playing staff is sadly down to the bare bones, but we were in the same position
this time last year really. So no need for panic. Jones has proven that the Players
can soon be grought in. Sadly, he also proved he cannot manage or motivate them.

So Yeh, the season was a failure in football terms, and lets face it, bottom line... we're
a football club.

but in terms of the 'future' of Cardiff City FC... i think its been an important 12 months
and we have moved along quite a lot. Had we been promoted there would always have
been those that could have levelled accusations at the new 'owners' saying that they would
have left if we'd not gone up. Now we know it wasnt the case!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: