Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Chelsea v Cardiff Prison News June 4th 2011 "

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Chelsea v Cardiff lads in Wormwood Scrubs

It has been 8 days since we lost another load of our mates after they were sentenced to jail at Isleworth crown court last week…if you remember the lads got the following (see list below) all are hopeful of getting TAG but it is not an absolute certainty but every one of the first 17 imprisoned did get TAG so we are more than optimistic these lads will also get early release on curfew (TAG) . The downside is they are then out under licence for the full length of their sentence and will be re jailed if they break those conditions in that time span.

The families are currently having very little communication from the jail and we must assume that all nine are still in the Scrubs…I think the families should all swap phone numbers with each other( you can do that by pm me on this site if you want to) YOU WILL GET MORE INFORMATION BY SHARING WITH EACH OTHER.

I have to send my I phone off for repair soon after dropping it and smashing the screen, also my facebook account is temp suspended after some clown hacked in to it…so please contact me through this site for the next couple of weeks.

Andrew Pritchard 12 months (should be out in 12 weeks with tag)
N T 16 months (16 weeks with Tag)
Iain Thomas 12 months ( 12 weeks or 16 weeks before Tag…judge give him less credit for late plea)
Wyndham (M Evans) 14 months (14 weeks with Tag)
Wes M 10 months (10 weeks with TAG)
Mike Thorne 14 months (14 weeks with TAG)
Rob Gillard 18 months (18 weeks if TAG allowed also 18 weeks added to cover an old suspended sentence , not sure when his final release date will be?)
Elis Evans 12 months (12 weeks with TAG)
Peter Richards 16 months (16 weeks with TAG)
I think the above is correct, let me know if I am wrong.

Let’s not forget these lads now and try to support them best we can…I am gathering up their prison numbers so if anyone wants to write to them you can contact me through this web site. I will continue to put updates on if the families require me to, I just need them to send me the information when they get it.

My son, Stefan and Rob Con are due home Monday and Tuesday next week, just a matter of days now before they are re united with their families…that first week in February was really bad for us all but we come out the other side in one piece and hopefully everyone can now get on with their lives in the hope that the prison record doesn’t ruin things. They did their time now they are entitled to work and live a normal life.

On Saturday June 18th at the Rose and Crown, Pontypridd (up the hill above the railway station next to hospital) we have organised a get together for all the lads who have been locked away for this Chelsea incident. Snowy has kindly offered to put on a few sandwiches for us and it will be a chance to exchange phone numbers, talk through what has happened and re new friendships made during this difficult time.

Due to the TAG’S it will start at noon and go on until about 2 pm….I hope that as many lads as possible will come along with their families(who have also gone through this) and take this opportunity to have some sort of closure on the whole thing but also share their experiences.
IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA IF FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF THE 9 LADS ABOVE WHO HAVE JUST GONE DOWN ALSO POP ALONG ON THE DAY…WE CAN GIVE YOU LOADS OF INFORMATION AND ADVICE TO GET YOU THROUGH THIS…I AM SURE ALL THE LADS WILL HELP IF THEY CAN WITH INSIDE INFORMATION SO TO SPEAK.

[size=150]This offer is also there for families or lads still awaiting trial

Please let everyone knows about this and PM me if you can make it so we know how many sandwiches etc. are needed thanks everyone….[/size]

Re: " Chelsea v Cardiff Prison News June 4th 2011 "

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Great to hear your son is on his way home, I`m sure that will be a moment you will never forget.
Puts so much into perspective when you read through your posts regarding them all. Feel for them to be honest and their families.

Not that I know any of the lads but I hope they are all ok, (as best as u can be I guess).

We should send them as much as we can as well as letters to keep their spirits as high as we can (programmes etc, I dont know)

And as you say lets hope prison life doesnt ruin anything for the guys coming out soon, they were wrongly sentenced and put in prison, so lets hope that they can put it all behind them but I can only imagine how tough that must be!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck lads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi corky,
What are the conditions regarding the hours of when you can go out and when u have to be in whilst on tag. I was thinking of anyone who would be returning to work but start early mornings. Would something be arranged for this to allow them to go back to work on those days?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:11 pm

You have to arrange it with the authorities, there is some leeway but not lots...you cannot work nights for example...TAG usually 6 pm to 6 am

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Cheers Corky, for the update and a great idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:36 am

Well done on all the good work Corky.
Would be grateful if you could message me details for Mikey Thorne.
Would be much appreciated.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:57 am

Mikey is on of the ones I am still trying to get...he was sharing a cell with Iain T though from the Rhondda...Will see if I can get it

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks Corky.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:23 pm

They've all had there earliest release dates Iain T last week in August which works out 12 weeks to the day.

I'm on his Next VO and he is sharing a cell with Mike Thorne, he rings me or my son most days so I can find out info on Mike Thorne and get some details. The scrubs reckon they could be transfered this Wednesday 8th June but thats to be confirmed. They haven't seen the other lads since they got sentenced Iain and Mike are currently classed as section C prisoners.

will update after I visit Iain

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:01 pm

hi i have just had info through today wez has had a release date for august 12th on tag so 9 weeks and counting in total it would mean he would have served 10 weeks

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Yes that is right Kate...all the lads can now turn the months into weeks...Wes had 10 months so will serve 10 weeks...Iain was the one we were worried about but it looks like its worked out that Iain will get the soonest possible release date of 12 weeks(August 24? )

Cheers Vince all updates are great to keep everyone informed especially the families...it is not easy for the lads to ring home from the Scrubs so all communication shared will help

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:47 pm

well im off to visit wez on saturday so if there is any news i will post it on here

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:52 pm

thanks Kate

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:00 pm

i have just had a phone call off wez he is doing well and is now sharing with another cardiff lad again. he said 2 boys have had thier transfers through but unfortunatly they are going futher away again he did say one of them is going to suffolk but i didnt catch where the other one is being transfered to. the 2 boys who have had their transfers through are andrew pritchard and tec i will found out more on saturday when i visit.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks Katie,

Thanks for the update

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Corky; I hate to think how it would be for Our Boys and the Chelsea Lads if it weren't for People like Yourself. I have posted my opinions on this subject previously but I have not put the input into the subject as I would like, not for the lack of intrest, but I find it hard not to post what i really think of both Clubs in the obvious shun and disassociation to the Case. I would love to be able to put the word (fact) on what is in truth is my opinion, about the exaggerated sentencing handed out by the Courts could only be so harsh with the backing of both clubs especially as there are no serious circumstances or injuries even major disturbances, My opnion is that Our Club in particular are showing the glory hunters of Their ambitions to eradicate the so called (HOOLIGAN) element from our Club and have become over proud of (THE BEST FAMILY CLUB)Title. What CCFC fail's to realize is that many of the supporters charged were hard working people with Families/Morgages/among other responsibilities with zero form for football disturbances or verry little at best, Could you imagine if it was the same scenario was with Liverpool/Manchester? I believe these Clubs would have made their feelings known especially to such ridiculously Large sentences handed out for such small breaches to their Fans, Im sorry, i'd like to be wrong, but I cant help feeling that the appalling sentencing have been aided by Club request protecting Their new Family Club image as something is definitely a miss here as iv said already in my (opinion) though not alone. Im doing my utmost to push for a Documentary/Fly on Wall type program with certain friends in the Media providing Yourself and others affected by this subject are ok with it. Not enough has been done. Ill sing about it if necessary :old: Leigh

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:53 pm

corky wrote:Chelsea v Cardiff lads in Wormwood Scrubs

It has been 8 days since we lost another load of our mates after they were sentenced to jail at Isleworth crown court last week…if you remember the lads got the following (see list below) all are hopeful of getting TAG but it is not an absolute certainty but every one of the first 17 imprisoned did get TAG so we are more than optimistic these lads will also get early release on curfew (TAG) . The downside is they are then out under licence for the full length of their sentence and will be re jailed if they break those conditions in that time span.

The families are currently having very little communication from the jail and we must assume that all nine are still in the Scrubs…I think the families should all swap phone numbers with each other( you can do that by pm me on this site if you want to) YOU WILL GET MORE INFORMATION BY SHARING WITH EACH OTHER.

I have to send my I phone off for repair soon after dropping it and smashing the screen, also my facebook account is temp suspended after some clown hacked in to it…so please contact me through this site for the next couple of weeks.

Andrew Pritchard 12 months (should be out in 12 weeks with tag)
N T 16 months (16 weeks with Tag)
Iain Thomas 12 months ( 12 weeks or 16 weeks before Tag…judge give him less credit for late plea)
Wyndham (M Evans) 14 months (14 weeks with Tag)
Wes M 10 months (10 weeks with TAG)
Mike Thorne 14 months (14 weeks with TAG)
Rob Gillard 18 months (18 weeks if TAG allowed also 18 weeks added to cover an old suspended sentence , not sure when his final release date will be?)
Elis Evans 12 months (12 weeks with TAG)
Peter Richards 16 months (16 weeks with TAG)
I think the above is correct, let me know if I am wrong.

Let’s not forget these lads now and try to support them best we can…I am gathering up their prison numbers so if anyone wants to write to them you can contact me through this web site. I will continue to put updates on if the families require me to, I just need them to send me the information when they get it.

My son, Stefan and Rob Con are due home Monday and Tuesday next week, just a matter of days now before they are re united with their families…that first week in February was really bad for us all but we come out the other side in one piece and hopefully everyone can now get on with their lives in the hope that the prison record doesn’t ruin things. They did their time now they are entitled to work and live a normal life.

On Saturday June 18th at the Rose and Crown, Pontypridd (up the hill above the railway station next to hospital) we have organised a get together for all the lads who have been locked away for this Chelsea incident. Snowy has kindly offered to put on a few sandwiches for us and it will be a chance to exchange phone numbers, talk through what has happened and re new friendships made during this difficult time.

Due to the TAG’S it will start at noon and go on until about 2 pm….I hope that as many lads as possible will come along with their families(who have also gone through this) and take this opportunity to have some sort of closure on the whole thing but also share their experiences.
IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA IF FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF THE 9 LADS ABOVE WHO HAVE JUST GONE DOWN ALSO POP ALONG ON THE DAY…WE CAN GIVE YOU LOADS OF INFORMATION AND ADVICE TO GET YOU THROUGH THIS…I AM SURE ALL THE LADS WILL HELP IF THEY CAN WITH INSIDE INFORMATION SO TO SPEAK.

[size=150]This offer is also there for families or lads still awaiting trial

Please let everyone knows about this and PM me if you can make it so we know how many sandwiches etc. are needed thanks everyone….[/size]

Im away that date/ week, But id like to send up a bottle or two of Moet for the Boys, Can anyone collect on the way (Grangetown) :?:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Leigh

This is a load of conspiracy theories going around and the fact that the trial judge apparently lives on the Kings road( same street as incident) doesn't help..with regards to the clubs they will always distance themselves from these incidents...any leaning towards support would make them look like they are supporting the incident.

I just think the fact it was on the Kings road and the Olympics due in London next year plus the Euro's in Poland/Ukraine that our lads got really unlucky and were used as an example to others...a very harsh example that meant months inside when in similar cases previous to this NO jail sentences were given out...I really do believe the government put some cash into this case, prominent the CPS to take a strong stance and the result was nearly 60 fans in or facing jail and another 30 odd severely dealt with and most important for the crime figures and statistics 94 banning orders ranging from 3-8 years...just my opinion of course...thanks for the offer of the drinks.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:16 pm

That view makes sense Corky, Also reminds me how the authorities manipulate matters when big events are on the orison and will move the goal posts and rules to Their advantage, ie... Many will remember when the Rugby World Cup came Wales (Cardiff) the authorities made all forms of prostitution legal for six weeks, egg chasers like that sort of thing cuz the Rugby powers and the likes pulled that one off?????, It ain't been normal in Cardiff since. May be Im just peeved with what's happened to the Boys i expect too much. Iet me know who/when' can collect the Champers on root yeh!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Ellis Evans is a good mate of mine and has indeed been given 12 months. Spoke with his Dad yesterday and there's no plans to move him from the Scrubs just yet. Also his Dad said that he's finding in tough inside and really struggled these first couple of weeks. Gutted for all the lads involved though and hope there time passes by as quickly as possible. City till they die. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:33 am

just to info

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:35 am

JUST TO INFORM U ALL WEZ HAS BEEN MOVED TO CARDIFF PRISON BUT HIS CIRCUMSTANCE ARE DIFFERENT TO THAAT OF THE OTHER BOYS