Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CHRIS HUGHTON- A GENTLEMAN "

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:09 pm

I am sick of seeing the negative comments aimed at Cris Hughton on this messageboard. This is a VERY EXCITING time for our club and a new era is beginning..an era without the threat of administration..an era where the club will actually be able to spend in the transfer market properly..kris Houghton is a gentleman and a really top bloke who will have a fantastic relationship with our club and fans..He will be a breath of fresh air if appointed.

1. Hes young and very knowledgable
2- He knows how to win this league (With newcastle after club was in crisis)
3- With newcastle in the premier league was harshly sacked after beating Arsenal away and hammering their rivals 5-0 in the local derby(Sunderland).
4- Has got alot of contacts in football at newcastle/spurs etc and is liked and respected throughout the game.
5- He has a good respectable relationship with the media and will not be-little the welsh football nation and our history.
6- Hes not a shirt and tie bloke, hes a 100% coach and has fanatastic man management skills (As seen with keeping joey barton under control).He will wear the Cardiff city tracksuit with pride.
7- He can handle the pressure( As seen with newcastles no nonsense approach in the championship- any big club could have crumbled with star studded squad-just like we did under dave jones)
8- He is exactly like Paul lAMBERT in his coaching style

Look some of you have said he hasnt done much, only took newcastle up because they had loads of class players..(bare in mind cardiff had the same this season in an easier championship, when newcastle won the league it was alot more difficult with WestBrom also there). But look at Paul Lambert, he had to start somewhere, Brendon Rogers was a nobody last season, just because the manager has not won champions league trophies, does not mean they are not the right manager for us.

I believe kris Houghton would be a fantastic coup for this club and i will be behind him 100% as he brings alot of passionate players to this club.

Keep the Faith :ayatollah:

Re: HOUGHTON- A GENTLEMAN

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:11 pm

I prefer Chris Hughton.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:18 pm

As much as I agree with your post dor, opinion will ALWAYS create negativity....

It's the point of a debate! Not everyone will be happy with the appointment of hughton (if it happens!) but I'm 100% sure that the doubters would still give him their full backing come the start of the season.

Good post :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:20 pm

ccfcdor wrote:I am sick of seeing the negative comments aimed at Kris Houghton on this messageboard. This is a VERY EXCITING time for our club and a new era is beginning..an era without the threat of administration..an era where the club will actually be able to spend in the transfer market properly..kris Houghton is a gentleman and a really top bloke who will have a fantastic relationship with our club and fans..He will be a breath of fresh air if appointed.

3- With newcastle in the premier league was harshly sacked after beating Arsenal away and hammering their rivals 5-0 in the local derby(Sunderland).
4- Has got alot of contacts in football at newcastle/spurs etc and is liked and respected throughout the game.
5- He has a good respectable relationship with the media and will not be-little the welsh football nation and our history.
6- Hes not a shirt and tie bloke, hes a 100% coach and has fanatastic man management skills (As seen with keeping joey barton under control).He will wear the Cardiff city tracksuit with pride.
7- He can handle the pressure( As seen with newcastles no nonsense approach in the championship- any big club could have crumbled with star studded squad-just like we did under dave jones)

Look some of you have said he hasnt done much, only took newcastle up because they had loads of class players..(bare in mind cardiff had the same this season in an easier championship, when newcastle won the league it was alot more difficult with WestBrom also there). But look at Paul Lambert, he had to start somewhere, Brendon Rogers was a nobody last season, just because the manager has not won champions league trophies, does not mean they are not the right manager for us.

I believe kris Houghton would be a fantastic coup for this club and i will be behind him 100% as he brings alot of passionate players to this club.

Well Said :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Whoever takes over not everyone will be happy.
Hughton isnt my choice but he deserves a chance

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Fantastic post summed it up brilliantly.
Even if CH isnt appointed people should not judge the new manager before he's had atleast 5-10 games
DJ had a poor relationship with the fans and people bashing potential new managers before they even appointed does not bode well for a happy relationship between manager and fans. I will be supporting whoever is appointed no matter who they are or if i have a high or low initial opinion of them as they deserve a chance without prejudice

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:29 pm

I can agree with a lot of what you say , other than two major points.

1) The guy`s name is Chris Hughton , not Kris Houghton. Are you a member of the former Jay Boothroyd fanclub :roll: :D ?

2) He is not that young at 52

Re: " CHRIS HUGHTON- A GENTLEMAN "

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:40 pm

he looks good for 52 and i just put £20 on him at 11-4 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:52 pm

I would not complain about him being appointed, but before that happens I will argue the case that there are superior managers out of work, whoever they put in charge will get my support.

But I still don't believe he has proved himself substantially with a job the size of the one there is at Cardiff (complete rebuild). I want to see better football next season and RDM represents that in spades for me.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:07 pm

yeah, couldn't believe he was 52! looks a lot younger!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:22 pm

good post but i thought the sunderland game was 5-1 thought not 5-0 LOL

Joking m8, all makes sense and I`d like him at CCS

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Chris is also a Troskyite
He used to work for the workers revolutionary party

shouod make him popular on mik morriss mb

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Chris Hughton Barmy army!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

He'll be an ideal manager for us

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:33 pm

since62 wrote:I can agree with a lot of what you say , other than two major points.

1) The guy`s name is Chris Hughton , not Kris Houghton. Are you a member of the former Jay Boothroyd fanclub :roll: :D ?

keith you b*stard im a young handsome 53 year old myself and every morning when i look in that full length mirror i bought from billy smarts circus i see a gorgeous body as well :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:44 pm

ccfcdor wrote:I am sick of seeing the negative comments aimed at Cris Hughton on this messageboard. This is a VERY EXCITING time for our club and a new era is beginning..an era without the threat of administration..an era where the club will actually be able to spend in the transfer market properly..kris Houghton is a gentleman and a really top bloke who will have a fantastic relationship with our club and fans..He will be a breath of fresh air if appointed.

What a great post.... I was undecided until I read that CHRIS HUGHTON'S BARMY ARMY!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:15 pm

i think if any of these 2 get the job they will have a great rapport with us fans unlike dj

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:34 pm

appreciate the input mate, give food for thought.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:36 pm

binero wrote:i think if any of these 2 get the job they will have a great rapport with us fans unlike dj

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Hughton would be decent imo, would prefer Di Matteo but not exactly going to return my ST if Hughton appointed.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Agreed he has had one stint as manager and what did he achieve ? Only friggin promotion but not only that as Champions as well. Then as a Premier Manager Newcastle were climbing the League and was doing well when he was unfairly sacked. But hey he is a shit Manager that is not good enough for us. Well there is Mark Robbins who nearly got Barnsley relegated. Di Matteo i would also be happy with this fella but if its Hughton then i will be very happy.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Great Post :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:56 am

steve davies wrote:
since62 wrote:I can agree with a lot of what you say , other than two major points.

keith you b*stard im a young handsome 53 year old myself and every morning when i look in that full length mirror i bought from billy smarts circus i see a gorgeous body as well :lol:

Don`t worry about it Steve.

I am also 53 (well for another couple of months anyway!).

And I have the body of a 30 year old. One of these days I will dig it up from the garden and return it to its rightful owners :D

This thing with some people thinking Chris Hughton is a young up and coming manager is interesting. I think its because some think only of him as a manager at Newcastle and forget the many years he spent before that as part of the Spurs coaching team.

Keith