Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hughton or Di Matteo, which one would you prefer at cardiff?

You may select 1 option

View results

Hughton or Di Matteo poll!!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Personally I'd prefer Di Matteo but would be happy with Chris. Whom would you prefer? :ayatollah:

Re: Hughton or Di Matteo poll!!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:04 pm

I Will back either, But I Reckon it will be Hughton :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Where is the 'neither' vote?

I personally wouldn't want either of them, but like Annis, would back them all the way.

Out of both of them, I would prefer CH.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Frantic wrote:Where is the 'neither' vote?

I personally wouldn't want either of them, but like Annis, would back them all the way.

Out of both of them, I would prefer CH.

I put those two up cause it looks like one of those will be the next manager :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:06 pm

I've voted for De Matteo but both a good candidates and I would be really happy with either. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:12 pm

castleblue wrote:I've voted for De Matteo but both a good candidates and I would be really happy with either. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ditto :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:13 pm

I'd be happy with either but I've voted for Hughton

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:13 pm

just a reminder....i only put those two managers up for voting cause they are the front runners for the job :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Obviously I would back either, but my preference would be with Hughton. I think he has a better approach to player management than Di Matteo who always seemed to try and be aloof and mysterious, which I reckon would alienate players and fans. Hughton is straight down the line, willing to get his tracksuit on and get stuck in, not to mention he is well respected within the football world which would make transfers and loans from some higher clubs easier, has a good eye for a transfer (Tiote to name one) and seems like a genuinely nice bloke who will actually have a decent relationship with the media.

To be fair though, Di Matteo was my second choice, so either would be great. But gotta give the edge to Hughton if I had to choose.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Class them both about the same and not fussed on either.

Hughton just about tho

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:36 pm

BradSK wrote:Obviously I would back either, but my preference would be with Hughton. I think he has a better approach to player management than Di Matteo who always seemed to try and be aloof and mysterious, which I reckon would alienate players and fans. Hughton is straight down the line, willing to get his tracksuit on and get stuck in, not to mention he is well respected within the football world which would make transfers and loans from some higher clubs easier, has a good eye for a transfer (Tiote to name one) and seems like a genuinely nice bloke who will actually have a decent relationship with the media.

To be fair though, Di Matteo was my second choice, so either would be great. But gotta give the edge to Hughton if I had to choose.

fair point :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Chris Hughton's barmy army :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Di Matteo

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:57 pm

During his last spell at Newcastle Hughton achieved a 55% win percentage whereas during a similar period at West Brom Di Matteo achieved a 48% win percentage.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Di Matteo, with Eddie Newton as assistant hopefully. The Newton thing is pure nostalgia. I loved him when he was on loan here, top class player at the piss poor level we were playing at.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Both good managers, but I don't feel Hughton has ever built a squad which is the job required at Cardiff, RDM had more to do at WBA and get's my vote.

Better football, better contacts, more pedigree. Di Matteo wins all ends up.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Prefer Di Matteo, but both are younger managers and will give the club a new direction .......

Both are good with the media, are any of them better with the crowd, and good at kissing the badge and pleasing the fans ????

That will be an important factor for them after DJ's failures with the media and crowd pleasing.....

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:23 pm

I prefer Hughton. Newcastle had great players for this league but the club was a shambles and he stuck with them as coach and sorted them out as manager. Comes across in his interviews as decent bloke and not too negative so that will make a change.
May even have a Plan B. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Hughton for me think he's got a wise head on his shoulder's :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:51 pm

both DJ and Di Matteo lost their dressing rooms - I don't want a manager like that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: so definitely Hughton for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:51 pm

My choice has to be Hughton. I have question marks on both though. Di Matteo, I wonder if West Brom were a one season wonder, after all the prem was a bit of a flop although he introduced some great passing football. Hughton....well has he been no2 for too long, has he really proved himself as a no1...I don't think he has.

Well I went for CH because he has contacts throughout the game and I believe that will come good for us in the transfer market. Being no2 is not a bad thing, he will know the game inside out and his looong apprenticeship will put him in good stead to manage ALL aspects of the club. I also think he is a man with great integrity and intelligence who will have the players playing near their full potential. Finally, his overall package will come off well with the fans which in affect will bring back that VITAL positive vibe that was around a few years back and therefore lift the notorious pressure that gets put onto the players.

This is just a face value opinion of mine without really digging any deeper, but sometimes I think the character is just as important as the football knowhow that gets the players reacting well.....CH thankfully has an abundance of both.

Ill be right behind him 100% if he gets it, I like him....and thats a good start. :lol:
Last edited by Taff on the Mersey on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:52 pm

I voted ch as I have a £75 bet on him at 11/4!!

However I have doubts as he took Newcastle up with a very good team!

At the moment we don't really have a team so that worries me!

If this is the best we can do then onwards and upwards and I will back whoever!!

I will be there singing my f*cking heart out in the canton every game!!

I will live and breathe every takle and goal!!

Come on city let's do this!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Hughton :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:31 pm

If id have to pick it would be Chris Hughton however i dont think that these 2 are likely to be the next manager i also really hope that Mark Robbins doesnt become our manager either !!! Why dont Cardiff go for some1 massive to manage us instead of wasting alot of money on silly players wages id say to the malaysiansn put you hand in your pocket and get ONEIL by any means neccesarry or a cheeky approach for Carlo Ancellotti lol :lol: :ayatollah: