Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hughton - some cracking comments from Newcastle fans......

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:48 pm

at the bottom of this article on Sky Sports :- http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-unite ... or-new-job?
and an appreciation thread here all 20 pages of it from appreciative Newcastle fans:- http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/ind ... ic=34738.0

This seals it for me I hope TG and VT take a look at just these 2 examples of what the Toon fans thought about him and to think he is willing to accept a less than a third of the wages moans was on. Puts into perspective what a greedy so and so moans was. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Hughton - some cracking comments from Newcastle fans......

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:52 pm

geordiesoldier (Newcastle United):

Must admit I was not impressed when Houghton took over newcastle like most fans, however he showed what he could do. We were a broken team with an owner that didnt want us, fans that didnt want the owner and players that didnt really care. He fixed us and seemed to bring everyone together, won over the fans and ultimately got us where we are. However, I cant see him as Villa manager, purely because of the size of the club, he would have been a better choice for west ham rather than sam. I can see him at fulham though, I think he prove a safe pair of hands. Not sure about the london clubs geographical locations and rivalries as to whether fulham is even a starter.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:54 pm

kinkster_no_1 (Newcastle United):

a top class manager and a true gent, wish you were still at the toon, but hey ho fat ash will continue to do as he pleases wont he. Think this would be an exelent move for villa, we've seen what he can do with an under achieving toon, I personally think this guy could get villa challenging for europe. but am sure he will do a splendid job with which eve club is lucky enough to gain his signature.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:kinkster_no_1 (Newcastle United):

a top class manager and a true gent, wish you were still at the toon, but hey ho fat ash will continue to do as he pleases wont he. Think this would be an exelent move for villa, we've seen what he can do with an under achieving toon, I personally think this guy could get villa challenging for europe. but am sure he will do a splendid job with which eve club is lucky enough to gain his signature.

Yes and we could get him signed up for £250,000 a year - bargain!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Yes and we could get him signed up for £250,000 a year - bargain!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Best Signing of the Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Hughton worked from Oct 2010 for 2 months before getting sacked at Newcastle,with NO number 2 after Colin Calderwood left to go to Hibs.

His goalkeeping coach Paul Barron left the club at the same time as Houghton.Steve Stone stayed at the club.

I Remember at the time most fans of the club were shocked at Houghton being sacked,and the posts to that link show how high the Geordies regard Houghton.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

Best Signing of the Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes, but will he go out on the lash before a big game? :shock:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Few more here
http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcfor ... 851.0.html

One post says he's already tapped up a Newcastle Scout to come with him where ever his next job will be.

And another hints that he may bring Alan Smith with him if he get's a job in the Championship.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:36 pm

ihatealiens wrote:at the bottom of this article on Sky Sports :- http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-unite ... or-new-job?
and an appreciation thread here all 20 pages of it from appreciative Newcastle fans:- http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/ind ... ic=34738.0

This seals it for me I hope TG and VT take a look at just these 2 examples of what the Toon fans thought about him and to think he is willing to accept a less than a third of the wages moans was on. Puts into perspective what a greedy so and so moans was. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Without putting a dampner on it...Geordies are notoriously thick like...

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:38 pm

geordies, thick.....never :lol: :lol: :lol: