Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Alan Smith (Newcastle)

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:25 pm

He is 30 years old. Not quite Premiership level anymore. Would do a job in the Championship. I know he didnt want to come to us before but that don't matter.

Do you think IF we get Hughton he could get him or someone similar. Smith and Bellers in Midfield would be nice IMO...

Re: Alan Smith (Newcastle)

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Smith hates Cardiff with a passion... no chance.

Leeds on the other hand...

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:29 pm

nerd wrote:Smith hates Cardiff with a passion... no chance.

Leeds on the other hand...

Also said NO to us when Sir Alex asked him if he wanted to come to us on loan a few years ago :twisted:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:30 pm

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcfor ... 851.0.html

A Newcastle Fan on this thread hinted that Hughton may take Alan Smith with him if he becomes the Manager of a Championship club.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:33 pm

After the abuse we gave him last season? I doubt he'd consider joining us.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:35 pm

bluecityblue wrote:After the abuse we gave him last season? I doubt he'd consider joining us.

He took it well. he gets abuse everywhere. he may like our passion :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:36 pm

gagsy_mc wrote:
bluecityblue wrote:After the abuse we gave him last season? I doubt he'd consider joining us.

He took it well. he gets abuse everywhere. he may like our passion :ayatollah:

Agreed, i think he'd win us over quite easily, we need a player like him

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Alan Smith and Craig Bellamy in the same dressing room?? f**k me one of them would have to be bubbled every week...

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:Alan Smith and Craig Bellamy in the same dressing room?? f**k me one of them would have to be bubbled every week...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:Alan Smith and Craig Bellamy in the same dressing room?? f**k me one of them would have to be bubbled every week...

but on the pitch the pair of them winding players up would be just what we need down the city. would get us all going.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:50 pm

gagsy_mc wrote:

but on the pitch the pair of them winding players up would be just what we need down the city. would get us all going.
We'd be down to 10 men every week too...

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
gagsy_mc wrote:

We'd be down to 10 men every week too...

It felt like that most games this season

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:02 pm

:lol:
he has bad memories of cardiff plus he got sent off and basicaly caused the ruin of leeds united football club

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 pm

A central midfielder with bite? Something Dave Jones hated (Let's face it he hated most central midfielders, he just wanted 4 CB's, 2 full backs, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

Alan Smith would be a big fat yes for me! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:44 am

RFMH wrote:A central midfielder with bite? Something Dave Jones hated (Let's face it he hated most central midfielders, he just wanted 4 CB's, 2 full backs, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

Alan Smith would be a big fat yes for me! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

get brown in from portsmouth playing alongside smith, now we are talking!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:05 am

Scum. Not a chance is he playing for my club.

One of a select band of players (Trundle, Stephen Quinn, Joey Barton, David Norris) that I can truly say I hate.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:12 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Scum. Not a chance is he playing for my club.

One of a select band of players (Trundle, Stephen Quinn, Joey Barton, David Norris) that I can truly say I hate.

:lol: Scum why??

He ran the game against us when Newcastle played here. He's passionate
game as f**k and gets stuck in. Yes please!!!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:24 am

taffyapple wrote:

:lol: Scum why??

He ran the game against us when Newcastle played here. He's passionate
game as f**k and gets stuck in. Yes please!!!

Did he f**k! It was Nolan who ran the game as he did every other game for the Toon that season.
Smudger lost it as he always does when he comes down here, second red card in two trips. For "gets stuck in" read he's a thug if he gets the chance. As for "game as f**k" that's not what I want the players at my club to be.

Ex-Leeds, ex-Man Utd, and all round moron. Let's just say he's not a thinking man's footballer and leave it at that.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:25 am

Most important player at QPR last season was Shaun Derry ie a dog in the middle of the park. Smith would get a yes from me.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:28 am

pontlliwblue wrote:Most important player at QPR last season was Shaun Derry ie a dog in the middle of the park. Smith would get a yes from me.

Derry & Smith strike me as two different players.

Derry can tackle.

Smith can't. I'd rather pay Smith's wages on bringing Collison in for the season on loan thanks.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:52 pm

No way.

Smith is poor - he wasnt even good for NUFC when they walked this league.

It was Barton and Nolan who ran the midfield against us and every other club.

Smith used to be a striker, now a defensive mid.

He cant tackle very well, and his passing range is lacking.

I would mch rather take Brown from Pompey.

Not exactly in demand is he Alan Smith?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:35 pm

what about Tate???? is he worthy of hate? :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:46 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

what about Tate???? is he worthy of hate? :lol:

No, I pity him, just as I do all Swansea fans.