Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ASHLEY WILLIAMS TO QPR

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:37 pm

£1M buy out clause activated.

I know he's a jack but as he's a Welsh International I'm presuming you will know more about him than me. I'd like your honest opinion on him if possible.

What is his natural position & how is he technically & ability wise?

Re: ASHLEY WILLIAMS TO QPR

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:£1M buy out clause activated.

I know he's a jack but as he's a Welsh International I'm presuming you will know more about him than me. I'd like your honest opinion on him if possible.

It's bullshit.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Decent defender I guess.

Is he good enough for the EPL? Borderline I would say mate!

Could be a good buy for £1M however, well worth the punt.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:39 pm

He is a pretty decent player. Captained Wales aswell. Dont think he is good enough for the premiership tbh

:ayatollah:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:40 pm

He's not even Welsh, He's not even Welsh! That boy Ashley Williams, He's not even Welsh.

The Jacks say he's a premiership player but he's never impressed me that much.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:40 pm

I questioned smudge on twitter about this and he didn't answer and brought up how "I claimed dave jones was nailed on" for the west ham job instead of backing up his claim about Williams.

Don't believe it to be honest.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Good buy.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Stan he is quality in the Championship, way too good for it. Whether he'd be a success in the Premier League remains to be seen, but I'm pretty sure he'd be fine to be honest !

Bullshit rumour though :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 pm

I Really don't rate him.
He is ok ok the ball, maybe warnock can fit him into a unit.
At international level he has been find out time after time like he would at prem level.
Put it this way i wouldn't want him at city.

At 1m it's a minimal risk after promotion though. He had one good game for Wales as a holding midfielder.... Is that a position needed? Or maybe a useful sub?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Tamworth boy... let's see... If you're short of goals he score you a few. In his own net :lol:
He can elbow keepers so the ball goes into the net and still not have the goal chalked off :roll:

Oh, and his beard has led some to believe he's being converted to radical Islam (allegedly) ;)

There you go, if Colin wants me to scout anymore players for him just tell the pig b*stard to let me know ;) :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:44 pm

He also scored a cracking goal for Derby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXqf_YNyd4

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Hmm cheers fellas. The comments don't fill me with joy tbh.

Not sure how much truth in the rumour will know more tomorrow when I speak to my bang on contact.

As mentioned above for £1m it might be a shrewd deal if true.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Went to school with a guy I work with, was a late developer, didn't cut the mustard with the local team Tamworth, but I think he then went to Stockport, my colleague is very surprised that he's done so well.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Hmm cheers fellas. The comments don't fill me with joy tbh.

Not sure how much truth in the rumour will know more tomorrow when I speak to my bang on contact.

What part of it's bullshit are you struggling to grasp? :? :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I Really don't rate him.
At international level he has been find out time after time like he would at prem level.

At 1m it's a minimal risk after promotion though. He had one good game for Wales as a holding midfielder.... Is that a position needed? Or maybe a useful sub?

Really ? When we're in the Championship ? I'd have him in a heartbeat !

Prem is a different matter - he obviously has no experience of playing there so it really is anyone's guess how well he can do.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:51 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Hmm cheers fellas. The comments don't fill me with joy tbh.

What part of it's bullshit are you struggling to grasp? :? :lol:

Bless, I don't think you realise quite how irrelevant you are do you? :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Stan if you going to have Williams in your side,for me he is better at CB and not FB :roll:

What is the latest with Jimmy Bullard, you can have him for FREE,if you pay his wages :?:
At the same time he is asking for Norwich to come and get him :?:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Hold on, you don't know his natural position ?! Bloody hell where on earth have you been for the past 2 years ?! :shock: He's probably been the best centre-half in the Championship !

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Prem is a different matter - he obviously has no experience of playing there so it really is anyone's guess how well he can do.

Not really and not at 1m, he has positives of course but at the same time I yninl it's more bout the way the jacks set up than williams himself.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:02 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Stan if you going to have Williams in your side,for me he is better at CB and not FB :roll:

What is the latest with Jimmy Bullard, you can have him for FREE,if you pay his wages :?:
At the same time he is asking for Norwich to come and get him :?:

TC we have spoken with Bullard but his wages are the stumbling block. He's never worth 45 a week. Very good player but that's crazy money. I'd rather sign him on a pay as you play deal.

Been linked with loads:

Robbie Keane
Jermaine Jenas
Andy Johnson
Maddjid Bougherra
Danny Graham
Ashley Williams
Kyle Naughton
Maroun Chamakh
Elano

To name but a few! Silly season if I'm honest but from the list above 2 are at very advanced stages will let you know who when the ink is drying ;-)

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Hold on, you don't know his natural position ?! Bloody hell where on earth have you been for the past 2 years ?! :shock: He's
probably been the best centre-half in the Championship !

No I don't know his natural position, I've seen him a few times this season for Swansea & Wales & he's played in various positions that's why I asked.
:roll:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:05 pm

If you want Bullard you will end up loaning him and paying a %age of his wage like QPR did.
No one will pay him 45k a week and why would he drop wages when he has a good contract .

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:06 pm

It's bs. That journo Smith was right on your case, sure - his mate was one of your lawyers, explains the leaking of info.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:08 pm

Cheers Stan £45k a week :roll: I can see why now. I thought he was on a good wage,but not that much :!:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Sorry I was just a little bit surprised :lol:

He's played centre-half all his Swansea & Wales career except for the odd occasion when he's played defensive midfield for Wales (against Scotland in 09/10, and this season against Bulgaria back in October), a role he hasn't performed that well in to be honest (Bulgaria was the worst performance of the two IMO).

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:09 pm

OG Williams will be a great signing for every other club in the premiership. They know he scores own goals.

To be honest, I reckon this is a ploy by Swansea for Ashley Williams to score OG in every QPR game and QPR will definitely take one of the relegation spots. This means Swansea only have to avoid 2 spots.

Well done Brenda but we've sussed you out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:11 pm

nerd wrote:

It's bs. That journo Smith was right on your case, sure - his mate was one of your lawyers, explains the leaking of info.

Don't really listen to that guy & not familiar with Twitter at all. Was mentioned to me tonight.

As I said I will speak to my person tomorrow & will get a defo on it. And that's a factomondo :D

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Not really and not at 1m, he has positives of course but at the same time I yninl it's more bout the way the jacks set up than williams himself.

Fair enough, but remember we paid £1m for Hudson :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Sorry I was just a little bit surprised :lol:

He's played centre-half all his Swansea & Wales career except for the odd occasion when he's played defensive midfield for Wales (against Scotland in 09/10, and this season against Bulgaria back in October), a role he hasn't performed that well in to be honest (Bulgaria was the worst performance of the two IMO).

Cheers mate. Good run down. I've heard good things about him but loads seem to be slating him, sour grapes or the truth?

Any player Neil Warnock signs will always improve in my opinion so that's one advantage if he's that bad :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Forgetting he's a Jack for a moment he is a decent centre half at championship level and worth a punt at 1m personally i think he could struggle in the Premiership but only time will tell :roll: