Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will the fans give the new manager time?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:38 pm

If we lost the first few games I could see alot of the fans getting on his back Just like we do when a player does anything wrong. I hope we all give him time to build a good young team. :ayatollah:

Re: Will the fans give the new manager time?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:39 pm

I will. Can't speak for the other many thousands though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:35 am

Who ever we get in deserves a chance! I just wish they would get a move on and tell us who it is! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:39 am

hes already failed in some peoples minds :roll:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:47 am

jinks-rct wrote:hes already failed in some peoples minds :roll:

spot on, and if we lose the first game a load will be on his back. Its the way our fans work, everything will be fine one minute then its all over seconds later

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:45 am

There are two ways I am looking at this.

1) If we employ a manager that is being employed to get us up there in the promotion race again and is being given funds then he will be given a sort of honeymoon period to get some sort of consistancy between now and Christmas to ensure that we are in a position to challenge for promotion come the closing months of the season.

2) If the owners take the route of a mediocre or unproven manager then this will obviously be for rebuilding and he will have to be given time as long as he does not put at risk our Championship status.

I hope we get a manager for the 1st option, but either way whoever the manager is I will be 100% behind.. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:04 am

I will give him time be it he is given a small budget or a large one.

I started to question DJ last season after the first defeat against Leicester. The history of DJ had more to do with my disconcernment than the actual defeat. If we start bad against the new guy I will give him time to sort it out, unless of course it is embarrassing like 6-0 defeats etc etc.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:26 am

ll give him all the time inthe world as long as I see 100% passionand commitment from both team AND MANAGER

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 am

pontlliwblue wrote:I'll give him all the time inthe world as long as I see 100% passion and commitment from both team AND MANAGER

This... :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:46 am

jinks-rct wrote:hes already failed in some peoples minds :roll:

i have heard if we are not promoted by easter the marching season starts again :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:48 am

We got to allow him time. He'll have to assemble virtually a new squad. Still think we need a quality goalkeeper, a pacey centre back, a left back, two wingers, two centre mid's and a target man to replace Bothroyd.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:54 am

We gave Dave Jones 6 years and even then he had strong support, don't see that changing. Especially if a new manager endears himself to the fans.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:08 am

As long as results aren't disasterous he'll be given plenty of time.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 am

He Will Def need time, due to DJ leaving our club virtually Bare/stripped and No up and coming players ready to play. We must Support this New Manager and Give him plenty of time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:58 am

Cardiff fans are a patient bunch. Lets face it we were more than patient with moans. We gave him 6 years to bring success. I think he may even still be here if it hadn't een for his stinking attitude towards the fans. So yes the new manager will be given the time need for sure. I hope its Hughton, it will be refreshing to hear somene who can actually speak to the fans through the press and a genuinely nice fella to boot who ishighly respected by players and the football family in general.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:17 am

I think the fans will give the new manager time Mediawales will be a different kettle of fish so hopefully whoever gets the job starts rebuilding relationships so badly damaged by DJ.

Both CH & RDM have a history of getting on well with the media so hopefully that will be one negative the new manager will not have to deal with.

From my point of view I hope one of CH & RDM get the job because I think both will take us forward I really believe that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:18 am

ill give him until december :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:20 am

So long as we're top 12 by January I won't mind. That's my honest view on it all.