Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Hughton is NOT...

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:06 am

At the grass roots football in Birmingham today! Hopefully this is a good thing

Re: Chris Hughton is NOT...

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:29 am

Should we be putting our faith in a manager that seems to be taking employment opportunities that are reserved for long time retired/unemployed managers?

Why is Hughton at that tournament, it's not the level of work that, a recently sacked manager who still has an eagerness to manage, should be taking up.

Should he be in this sort of company - Peter Taylor, Iain Dowie, Graham Taylor and Tosh Farrell. Doesn't seem the sort of motivated manager we need.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:32 am

Wayne S wrote:Should we be putting our faith in a manager that seems to be taking employment opportunities that are reserved for long time retired/unemployed managers?

Why is Hughton at that tournament, it's not the level of work that, a recently sacked manager who still has an eagerness to manage, should be taking up.

Should he be in this sort of company - Peter Taylor, Iain Dowie, Graham Taylor and Tosh Farrell. Doesn't seem the sort of motivated manager we need.

I think you will find the author is saying that he is NOT at the grass roots in Birmingham.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:34 am

wdb2721 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Should we be putting our faith in a manager that seems to be taking employment opportunities that are reserved for long time retired/unemployed managers?

I think you will find the author is saying that he is NOT at the grass roots in Birmingham.

He is advertised as a coach at the event over this weekend, so took up this level of work.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:34 am

wdb2721 wrote:

No he was there yesterday.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:51 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
wdb2721 wrote:

No he was there yesterday.

I take it back so, my apologies.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:17 am

What a ridiculous post. If Alex Ferguson decided to stick his head in it would be
different i assume?? Football management is all about contacts.

The very words "Grass Roots" should indicate that he DOES have his finger on the pulse.
Whereas Dave Jones probably wouldnt open his bedroom curtains to watch 10yr olds play
because A) they are just kids and B) they never played for Wolves

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:24 am

Why is it a problem that he's at a grass roots thing? Shame on him for helping youngsters, and helping develop the future stars.

Some people are ridiculous.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:30 am

Isn't that where young and up and coming talent is spotted at tournements like this and it is here you could find them cheaply.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:52 am

Just asking the question and in doing so never called anyone "Ridiculous". :roll:

Looking at the people on the Grass Roots website that are employed to coach the kids you get the impression that, although they are well known, they are resigned to being no longer considered for many top division jobs. It's a bit odd that Hughton went for this. But if nothing has been available since last December, not even media work, I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Do we think Hughton is doing it for nothing? Is he doing it for the kids or to earn a salary like the rest of us.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:53 am

who cares if he went or not I couldn't give a monkeys