Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE and THEY INTEND "

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Halifax93 wrote:spot on taff :) nice to see managers think of us as a big club..... how times have changed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's ironic - Dave Jones did a lot to help turn us into a big club yet always gave the impression that we were slightly beneath him[/quote]
FFS we are NOT a big club!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:35 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote:
glammy74 wrote:What about Mark Hughes, is he getting interviewed?

THAT WOULD BE MAGICAL IF SPARKY CAME TO US IMO MY FAV WELSH PLAYER OF ALL THE TIME !!! G8 MANAGER IMO 2 !!!!!! SUM 1 GIVE THE MALAYSIANS A BELL AND SUGGEST THIS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

God I really do despair! For gods sake be realistic and start living in the real world. We are not a big club, we are a Championship side and have no chance whatsoever of getting someone like Mark Hughes ( not that I think he is any good anyway but that's by the by)

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:38 pm

It will be announced sometime this week. Not next week.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
Warren of Merthyr wrote:
glammy74 wrote:What about Mark Hughes, is he getting interviewed?

THAT WOULD BE MAGICAL IF SPARKY CAME TO US IMO MY FAV WELSH PLAYER OF ALL THE TIME !!! G8 MANAGER IMO 2 !!!!!! SUM 1 GIVE THE MALAYSIANS A BELL AND SUGGEST THIS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

God I really do despair! For gods sake be realistic and start living in the real world. We are not a big club, we are a Championship side and have no chance whatsoever of getting someone like Mark Hughes ( not that I think he is any good anyway but that's by the by)

I don't suppose we will get Bellamy, fowler or hasselbaink, reach an fa cup final or average home crowds over 20,000??? Dare to dream, weve come a long way in ten years, where will we be in another ten?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Zabier wrote:I would be intrigued to see a list of the managers interviewed so I could make a personal judgment on the quality of applicants. Annis, do you have a rough idea on some names interviewed? If so, is the quality good or was it distinctly average? It would be a good indication to see how far we've come.

If the likes of Hughton and Di Matteo are the best of the applicants then I think we know the answer is that the applicants are of a poor quality. But in our position how can we expect to attract better quality applicants. We are a Championship side, we are NOT a big club and have big debts. We can't afford to approach any club for a good manager as we couldn't or wouldn't pay compensation to the other club. So we just have to be happy with out of work managers who all apply for any job going.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
Zabier wrote:I would be intrigued to see a list of the managers interviewed so I could make a personal judgment on the quality of applicants. Annis, do you have a rough idea on some names interviewed? If so, is the quality good or was it distinctly average? It would be a good indication to see how far we've come.

If the likes of Hughton and Di Matteo are the best of the applicants then I think we know the answer is that the applicants are of a poor quality. But in our position how can we expect to attract better quality applicants. We are a Championship side, we are NOT a big club and have big debts. We can't afford to approach any club for a good manager as we couldn't or wouldn't pay compensation to the other club. So we just have to be happy with out of work managers who all apply for any job going.

You say we are not a big club, THEN you say Hughton and Di Matteo are the best of a bad bunch, as if they aren't good enough for us, or that we are too big for them. Make your mind up mate

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:52 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:

You say we are not a big club, THEN you say Hughton and Di Matteo are the best of a bad bunch, as if they aren't good enough for us, or that we are too big for them. Make your mind up mate

Like it not not mate we are not a big club. I don't think Hughton or Di Matteo are anywhere near as good as Dave Jones but in our position they are sadly as good as we will get and can expect to get.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:54 am

Citysince1964 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:I would be intrigued to see a list of the managers interviewed so I could make a personal judgment on the quality of applicants. Annis, do you have a rough idea on some names interviewed? If so, is the quality good or was it distinctly average? It would be a good indication to see how far we've come.

Like it not not mate we are not a big club. I don't think Hughton or Di Matteo are anywhere near as good as Dave Jones but in our position they are sadly as good as we will get and can expect to get.[/quote]

I'll tell you one thing. EITHER of these managers has got more of a chance of getting
Cardiff promoted than Jones did. He had his chances, his teams blew it. We have
gone the last 5 years with a leaky defence and yet he never ONCE thought to get in a
proper holding midfielder. Its his TACTICS as well as his players that have fallen short
every time.

His job was to get us promoted, he chose, and was was given all the tools, but did not
know how to utilise them.

I doubt there were many other managers in the Championship last season who would
have fucked up with Bellamy, Bothroyd, Burke, Chopra, Whittingham, Olifinjana, Bellamy
in their side.

Jones, when the going got tough, just couldnt cut the mustard!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 pm

So, if Hughton or RDM haven't been interviewed yet, exactly who has been? I was under the impression that these would be taking place at the end of last week and over the weekend so a manager would be in place for this week. I'm not one for knee-jer reactions, but f**k me, this is taking some time. We need to be cracking on with getting the new man in so we can formulate a transfer policy and get the players he wants before other clubs snap them up. The new manager should have been in place by now

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:06 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48396 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:17 pm

just saw Benitez in Shrewsbury. Just saying, could be a sign he might be City's next manager.