Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

rodger johnson

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 am

do any 1 no if we have a sell on percentageas he is going for well over 10 mill sunderland villa all after him ect :ayatollah:

and a future england player!!!!!

Re: rodger johnson

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 am

DIDNT WE LOSE OUT BECAUSE THEY GOT RELEGATED
soz bout caps :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:53 am

yea we did lose sumin like 333 k wasnt sure coz wycome still had there percent!!!

no worrys bout caps!! :D

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:55 am

from what ive read lately, Birmingham fans seem to think that Roger Johnson was being carried by a good partner in Scott Dann, because since when Scott Dann got injured, there form went off the rails and obviously they then went down

I totally disagree with this view and think that Rog' is an excellent defender, certainly capable of playing for a top 10 Premier League club

however... and i know that 90% of you are going to disagree with this view... but during his time at Cardiff (danger from set pieces aside) i always preferred Loovens as an actual defender, in fact i thought Loovens was the best ive seen down Cardiff in my time, never shirked a challenge and was always solid, distribution was better too

i know i'll probably get slaughtered for that because ive read a few people say on here before that they felt Johnson actually carried Loovens but who knows, maybe it was the other way round

i doubt it, but i just think that those 2 had an outstanding partnership that if we had of had last season, we would have cruised the Championship

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:58 am

nice post m8 some very interesting views, and points

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:31 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:from what ive read lately, Birmingham fans seem to think that Roger Johnson was being carried by a good partner in Scott Dann, because since when Scott Dann got injured, there form went off the rails and obviously they then went down

But also he built up a very good partnership with Dann. Rog had to get used to another partner in defence so of course the form will go off. I have a mate who's a regular at Old Trafford and at United away games and he rates him very highly and said he wouldn't mind him at United. "Brave as a lion" were his exact words.

Those thick idiots at birmingham don't know a good player when they've got one. Or rather had one

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:26 pm

i think a lot of people love roger johnson because of his commitment and fight on the pitch. he used to throw his body at anything, defended very well and was solid throughout every game and was also a big threat off set pieces. loovens was great too but i can't comment what he is like now because i haven't seen him play. roger johnson is a premiership player without a doubt.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Scott Dann > Roger Johnson

All im saying.