Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Solomon Taiwo

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Now before you all shoot me down, this guy played out of his skin against Bristol in the snow, and previously was great against us for Dagenham & Redbridge. He did look a bit clueless at times though!

Oli did about the same at the start, but in some of the games he played Taiwo could have done as well.

Discuss..........

Re: Solomon Taiwo

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:39 pm

hmmm give him a few late sub appearances if winning and a carling cup games to prove himself :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 pm

He will be a good player to bring on for the last 10 mins. He isn't good enough for our starting 11 if we want promotion.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 pm

tomcat wrote:Now before you all shoot me down, this guy played out of his skin against Bristol in the snow, and previously was great against us for Dagenham & Redbridge. He did look a bit clueless at times though!

Oli did about the same at the start, but in some of the games he played Taiwo could have done as well.

Discuss..........

I personally think he has the odd decent game in him but not the consistantly high level of performance required at this level. He's one of those players that thrives on confidence but due to his inconsistant performances will never be a fans favourite and so will never get the praise that players of his ilke require to keep his performance at the level thats needed.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:44 pm

he played well at reading in the game mcphail was sent off.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:45 pm

The point I was making was that a player can make a fantastic impact and then drift away, I was pitchside at the D & R game and he was the best player on the pitch, and on S4C in the snow he looked amazing against the Wurzels!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 pm

tomcat wrote:The point I was making was that a player can make a fantastic impact and then drift away, I was pitchside at the D & R game and he was the best player on the pitch, and on S4C in the snow he looked amazing against the Wurzels!

I agree, I was at the Bristol game and he did play well, obviously got a lot of potential, but did'nt get the opportunities with Dave Jones.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:54 pm

could be interesting i seen him few times down the gym he good build think he was one of the players got frozen out of dj plans maybe new manager will give taiwo extra boost to prove something

he defensive mid aint he?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Now Dave Jones has gone give him another chance. In fact lets give them all another chance....except Naylor....and Bywater, oh he has gone back.......I mean under a new manager even Bothroyd might be good...was told he was at one time.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 pm

He was played out of position when he didn't play well but I thought he did ok when he was played in the middle. Worthy of a squad role at least.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 pm

if we can give him atleast 7 games before the january transfer window and he performs, we could make bout a mil me reckon

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:58 pm

He's crap - and we know it!! And if you think Hughton Di Matteo or anyone better will keep him on you're crazy!!! :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:04 pm

All I am saying is that I don't think that Jones really gave him a chance, bit like with Matthews, and yet continued with the donkey Naylor.....

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Listen.

He got loaned out to Dagenham, played mos their games. Dagenham got relegated, and I don't remember hearing him doing a good performance all season in the newspapers or anyone.

So simply, obviously and blatantly no.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Sorry! I hate to say it but the guy is rubbish and I'm also told he has a major attitude! Shame we didn't sell him to Norwich last summer! What were they thinking?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:57 am

I say give him a chance to prove himself under our new manager. Jones never hardly ever gave him a chance, and when he did give him a go it was usually as a sub with 10-5 mins left, and then he was played on the wing once or twice out of position. He did start one game against QPR a few years ago and he was totally out of his depth and he got taken off at half time, but that is the only game he has ever started for us in the league. Norwich wanted him at the beginning of last season, so they must have seen something that they liked in him, imagine if he had of signed for them, he would of been playing in the Premiership next season. Personally, I really do think that Hughton - if he is our next manager - will get him playing to his full potential, and Hughton is the type of manager that will give Taiwo confidence and help him along the way. I hope he does do well and he proves all the doubters wrong, as I'm fed up to the back teeth of certain City fans that judge a player on a few appearances, I don't even think that he has played 90 minutes of football for us, has he? It's just like what some fans are saying about Parkin, another player who has not been given a chance either. Parkin is a very good striker and for a big guy is an incredible finisher, he works his socks off, he fights for everything, he does not give up, now he is a player that shows commitment and passion when he plays for a football club. We need more players like him. I do agree though that he is more suitable for long ball football but I would definitely have him in our squad as he is a battering ram who can cause havoc coming off the bench for the last 15-10 mins. I just feel that Parkin needs the right sort of manager that can bring the best out of him, and I really do think that Hughton can help Parkin and Taiwo play to their full potential.

Blooooooooobirds

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:01 am

geggs_ccfc wrote:I say give him a chance to prove himself under our new manager. Jones never hardly ever gave him a chance, and when he did give him a go it was usually as a sub with 10-5 mins left, and then he was played on the wing once or twice out of position. He did start one game against QPR a few years ago and he was totally out of his depth and he got taken off at half time, but that is the only game he has ever started for us in the league. Norwich wanted him at the beginning of last season, so they must have seen something that they liked in him, imagine if he had of signed for them, he would of been playing in the Premiership next season. Personally, I really do think that Hughton - if he is our next manager - will get him playing to his full potential, and Hughton is the type of manager that will give Taiwo confidence and help him along the way. I hope he does do well and he proves all the doubters wrong, as I'm fed up to the back teeth of certain City fans that judge a player on a few appearances, I don't even think that he has played 90 minutes of football for us, has he? It's just like what some fans are saying about Parkin, another player who has not been given a chance either. Parkin is a very good striker and for a big guy is an incredible finisher, he works his socks off, he fights for everything, he does not give up, now he is a player that shows commitment and passion when he plays for a football club. We need more players like him. I do agree though that he is more suitable for long ball football but I would definitely have him in our squad as he is a battering ram who can cause havoc coming off the bench for the last 15-10 mins. I just feel that Parkin needs the right sort of manager that can bring the best out of him, and I really do think that Hughton can help Parkin and Taiwo play to their full potential.

Blooooooooobirds

Im judging him on his performances for his career!

played 73 goals 6 - over the span of 7 years, a midfielder that scores less than 8.3% of the games he plays in - is not good enough for me!

Even gaving rae has played 435 and scored 37 goals - thats a conversion of 8.5% and most of the time he was a sub!! :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:09 am

we need players who are good enough to challenge for automatic promotion to the premier league.....Solomon Taiwo doesn't come anywhere near that category!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:03 am

Taiwo is a defensive midfielder, now how many defensive midfielders have scored bucket full of goals? He is there to break the play up and protect the defense not to play just behind the strikers, if we use him like that then of course he will not be any good as attacking is not his game. Stephen McPhail is more of an attacking midfielder and creative player than Taiwo and he has scored exactly 10 goals in over 300 games in his career for us, Barnsley, Nottingham Forest, Millwall and Leeds United.To the other poster, how can you say that he is rubbish and that he is not good enough for the Premier League when he has not been given enough of a chance and he has not even played 10 games for us yet, he has not even played a full 90 minutes for us in a competitive game. Also, he has been suffering with an injury for most of the time that he has been with us and for the first time since being here, with a full pre-season under his belt, he will be 100% fit, raring and ready to go. I do think this season if he is given a go, that he will surprise a lot of fans and prove that he is a good player that was worthy of the money we paid for him, which I think was between £200,000-£300,000.

Blooooooooobirds
:ayatollah: