Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BUT DO WE WANT HIM ? "

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:40 am

Mark Robins Wants to Come To Cardiff, I will Support and give who ever is Named Manager the Chance to make a go of it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But is Robins the right one ?

Your Views Please

Re: " BUT DO WE WANT HIM ? "

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:47 am

Not sure on Robins didn't really do much at Barnsley Hughton has to be are best choice if the club are looking to go forward. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:50 am

Not the level I was expecting i'm afraid !

But Annis, yourself and a few others will remember when Richie Morgan was announced manager, we all thought it was a bad

decision, but he shocked us all and led us to our highest league league finish in years !

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:53 am

Just checked his stats its a massive NO 32% win ratio at Barnsley not good enough.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 am

No way. We have to show more ambition than this!

We need a better manager than this, I like others are still hurting and the malaysians have to send out a message of intent to the fans and the rest of the league!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:56 am

Not the man I would ideally want but if he is chosen then so be it. I don't think he'll do badly with us but others will do better.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:58 am

The Trooper wrote:Not the level I was expecting i'm afraid !

But Annis, yourself and a few others will remember when Richie Morgan was announced manager, we all thought it was a bad

decision, but he shocked us all and led us to our highest league league finish in years !

I remember the shocking decision to replace Richie Morgan moving him upstaires with Graham Williams at the time we were doing quite well in Div 2 certainly in the top half.......4 months and 1 win later we were in the bottom 3!!

If we are to go for a young manager then I would go for Malky his Watford side were the best team we faced home & away last year - a young energetic side that did not give up

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:58 am

Malky ........... do the ayatollah :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

has a ring to it :D

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:01 am

:ayatollah: "Chrissy Hughton's Barmy Army!" :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 am

I think our club has come a long way and right now as an established Championship club we are in a position to set the bar higher than Mark Robins for our next manager.

When you consider the names under consideration I don't think he stands up to the competition Hughton, De Matteo, Mackay, Boothroyd are all managers with better Cv who are currently available who we could reasonably expect to attract to the club.

For me anyone from Hughton, De Matteo or Mackay would do and whoever gets the nod I think they will take the club forward. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:17 am

WORRYING

This mean we are unlikely to get Hughton, MM or RDM now?

BLOODY HELL GETHIN GET ON THE PHONE TO KEEGAN, BIGGEST WIN RATIO AT CLUB FOOTBALL THAN ANY OF THE CONTENDORS!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:21 am

Not for me Annis. Chris Houghton did a good job at Newcastle and I'm sure he will do us proud if he's selected.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:Mark Robins Wants to Come To Cardiff, I will Support and give who ever is Named Manager the Chance to make a go of it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your Views Please

I've been impressed with the enthusiasm he has displayed within the media for the role, and hes been quick to acknowledge the great support/fan base we have, so if given the role he would be initiating the job on the right foot by striking a togetherness from the word go...an aspect we all know is required in order to achieve promotion and one that was absent from DJs era - some argue that was the ultimate stumbling block.

As this process of interviewing etc has built, I have grown quite a strong faith in the board that they will appoint the right man with the righr credentials for the job at this point, as timing is everything.

If hes appointed he'll get my full support, although I'd be surprised if Hughton doesnt land it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:39 am

He wouldnt be my choice but I think he has done well to keep barnsley safely up.
His win ratio any good but then is it expected to be at a club like Barnsley.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:27 pm

Need to get someone in now a.s.a.p all the best players in the Championship are being snapped up. Tyson gone today on a free!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mark Robins Wants to Come To Cardiff, I will Support and give who ever is Named Manager the Chance to make a go of it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your Views Please

Who knows without giving him a chance, nobody knows what he is capable of. Posters keep harping on about Hughton & De Matteo but in fairness they have no major achievements.

We have no say in the matter of the appointment of next manager, personally I think its all down to whoever is going to be the cheapest.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:32 pm

robins aint the answer im afraid and people are on about Hughton but lets be fair newcastle that year had 3times are wage budget 3times the players so who ever was in charge when he took them up would have done the same with what he had to run with :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:34 pm

I'm not sure myself. Why did he walk out on the Tykes?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:35 pm

The Trooper wrote:Not the level I was expecting i'm afraid !

I agree, I was a big Richie Morgan fan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But this time we have over 20 Managers who want to manage US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Merlin wrote::ayatollah: "Chrissy Hughton's Barmy Army!" :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I'm not sure myself. Why did he walk out on the Tykes?

Apparently he was promised resources which never materialised, who knows what he is capable of without given the chance.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Can't belive how much Newcastle were paying out on wages and Hughton was only on 250k a year as manager smith took home more in 1 month than Hughton earned in a year.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:20 pm

NO NO NO NO.

:D

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:56 pm

birchblue wrote:Can't belive how much Newcastle were paying out on wages and Hughton was only on 250k a year as manager smith took home more in 1 month than Hughton earned in a year.

Jason, Chris Hughton is a Bargain at £250,000 a yr :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
birchblue wrote:Can't belive how much Newcastle were paying out on wages and Hughton was only on 250k a year as manager smith took home more in 1 month than Hughton earned in a year.

Jason, Chris Hughton is a Bargain at £250,000 a yr :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree Annis £250,000 hes the man (only because we can't get M O'N) :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:05 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agree Annis £250,000 hes the man (only because we can't get M O'N) :ayatollah:

Tony, I agree, Value for money :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Money!
The chairman is apparently ready to sell up,so is reluctlant to pump any money into the club, Robins was given a budget which he did not agree with!!!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:49 pm

sam salim wrote:

Money!
The chairman is apparently ready to sell up,so is reluctlant to pump any money into the club, Robins was given a budget which he did not agree with!!!!!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football ... _1_3383485

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Your Views Please

i want hughton but would support robbins or any other manager who comes to us :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 pm

He is not better than DJ so no thanks has to be a move forward not backwords.