Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IT,S TIME TO SEE THE NEW MANAGER!!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:47 am

I understand that the club have to do it in the right way as far as the interviews go but it is now over 3 weeks since dj has gone and people outside the club maybe getting the impression that we are dragging our heals so to speak, also with new appointments being made in the premier league on a daily basis we could be losing out on our number one target whom may decide that an assistants job elsewhere maybe the answer, surely we will make an announcement in the next day or two?????

Re: IT,S TIME TO SEE THE NEW MANAGER!!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:48 am

They belived dj would take us up so maybe they want to be sure this time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 am

Jones told them at the end of last season he would ...... he didnt and therefore got the boot . But they are right in not rushing anything at the mo .

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:52 am

We must have the most impatient fans i the entire world.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:57 am

RFMH wrote:We must have the most impatient fans i the entire world.

It's actually only 8 days since DJ left (30th May) I agree we need the new manager in place but it must also be the right man. I hope we find out this week as the players are due back for pre season in a little over 3 weeks but another 7-10 days would be unreasonable given the amount of interest in the job.

Exciting times for us Bluebird fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 am

C'mon this club can't even tell us what the new kit looks like before nearly the end of the season, the notion of a manager's post being announced before like, December is optimistic.

The club took it's time sacking DJ to ensure it was the right decision, lets give them the breathing space to select the right man to take us forward! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:05 am

castleblue wrote:
RFMH wrote:We must have the most impatient fans i the entire world.

It's actually only 8 days since DJ left (30th May) I agree we need the new manager in place but it must also be the right man. I hope we find out this week as the players are due back for pre season in a little over 3 weeks but another 7-10 days would be unreasonable given the amount of interest in the job.

Exciting times for us Bluebird fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Is it only 8 days since dj left?? christ it does seem alot longer than that, if that,s the case then we are not dragging our heals, i,m just worried that if the likes of houghton is favourite he might just take up a post at fulham with his pal martin jol (if offered the job)

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 am

I'm not even worried if this runs into July.

Why? Because I think we've got a 2 year re-building process ahead of us.

If we get the best choice of manager then he'll have lots of time to develop the whole setup, from youth/academy/reserves/first team players through to coaching/fitness/nutrition etc.