Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Very positive

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:56 am

I am feeling more positive than ever about next season, in fact I am going to put a bet on City to win promotion next year...this summer will be a good one for city fans...I am sure of it.

Re: Very positive

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 pm

I'm very positive about this year, new manager, new backroom, new ideas, new beginnings.

I also think that we the faithful have lowered expectations for the upcoming season with the current state of our squad and that the atmosphere may change back to old with us driving the team forward rather than expecting them to succeed.

Last year promotion was expected and brought a whole ton of pressure, this year it isn't and hopefully will free us to enjoy football again

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 pm

++++++++++++++++

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:09 pm

I agree mate and anyone asking for a rebate on their season tickets is making a massive mistake.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 pm

corky wrote:I am feeling more positive than ever about next season, in fact I am going to put a bet on City to win promotion next year...this summer will be a good one for city fans...I am sure of it.

We say that at this time of year every year Paul :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 pm

we do mate, but last season was one of the worse for me, I can't put my finger on why, but I have enjoyed relegation battle seasons better with a few thousand die-hards and crap players and football...It may have been my son getting jailed , the attitude and bad discipline of SOME of the players or the fact that expectation levels were too high, but I really lost my appetite for going to games.WHAT A STUPID THING FOR ME TO SAY AFTER WE GOT SO CLOSE AND GOT 80 POINTS, BUT SOMETHING WAS JUST NOT RIGHT LAST YEAR FOR ME?

The thought of a new manager, the real possibility that Bellers will come back, the fact that PMG have invested in shares, the fact that it is still in the best interests of our Malaysian benefactors to get promotion....the very real hope that we can start building for the future instead of getting loads of loanees with no asset value to our club.

I want a manager to not only go all out for promotion but also to build from the bottom, to demand that Scott Young and his team get much more support, a manager that demands that Neil Ardley and the Academy grow stronger and a manager that brings in players that are assets to the club now but also assets that their value will grow, so therefore could bring future finance to the club.

It is the time of year to be hopeful and feel positive ...so that is what I am going to be doing...BE POSITIVE

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:29 pm

I am excited as it is a new era at the club.

Hopefully the Malaysians won't be shy with the money and back their man.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 pm

corky wrote:I am feeling more positive than ever about next season, in fact I am going to put a bet on City to win promotion next year...this summer will be a good one for city fans...I am sure of it.

Corky, I feel very Positive and Excited life without Dave Jones :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Positive post Corky.

I got over the Reading defeat quite quick not like last summer after wembley.....

Never been more positive about next season, fixtures out 17th June i believe, cant wait for them!!!!!!!

As u say a new manager at the helm, new players will come in and some great players I`m sure.

DJ did his best but any manager who cant take a team up with the players he had deserves sacking.
Chris Hughton for me is now the man i would like to see us take the league by storm.

And why not????

Some tough teams coming down in Brum & Hammers but we will be there again and can win this bloody league and be a stable premiership team of the future and not a Blackpool or Hull etc, without a doubt with the right leadership from the very top which we now have in TG and co. we can do it!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:23 pm

It will be nice not bein the 'team to beat' anymore and not favourites to go up i dont think these factors helped us at all

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:25 pm

aprehensive is my feeling i should feel positive but not at the moment

Lets see what the next few weeks will fetch, new manager and signings, maybe will make me feel better :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:05 pm

corky wrote:we do mate, but last season was one of the worse for me, I can't put my finger on why, but I have enjoyed relegation battle seasons better with a few thousand die-hards and crap players and football...It may have been my son getting jailed , the attitude and bad discipline of SOME of the players or the fact that expectation levels were too high, but I really lost my appetite for going to games.WHAT A STUPID THING FOR ME TO SAY AFTER WE GOT SO CLOSE AND GOT 80 POINTS, BUT SOMETHING WAS JUST NOT RIGHT LAST YEAR FOR ME?

The thought of a new manager, the real possibility that Bellers will come back, the fact that PMG have invested in shares, the fact that it is still in the best interests of our Malaysian benefactors to get promotion....the very real hope that we can start building for the future instead of getting loads of loanees with no asset value to our club.

I want a manager to not only go all out for promotion but also to build from the bottom, to demand that Scott Young and his team get much more support, a manager that demands that Neil Ardley and the Academy grow stronger and a manager that brings in players that are assets to the club now but also assets that their value will grow, so therefore could bring future finance to the club.

It is the time of year to be hopeful and feel positive ...so that is what I am going to be doing...BE POSITIVE

I really thought we would go up last season however I do totally agree in that something was not right, the atmosphere amongst the fans was awful, it just wasnt right and like previous years.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:34 pm

top post corky, even in the playoff semis it did not feel right, maybe the thought of dj with us in the top league, dont know, we seemed to be a club expecting the worse. next season i think will bhe good with the right manager

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm

corky wrote:we do mate, but last season was one of the worse for me, I can't put my finger on why, but I have enjoyed relegation battle seasons better with a few thousand die-hards and crap players and football...It may have been my son getting jailed , the attitude and bad discipline of SOME of the players or the fact that expectation levels were too high, but I really lost my appetite for going to games.WHAT A STUPID THING FOR ME TO SAY AFTER WE GOT SO CLOSE AND GOT 80 POINTS, BUT SOMETHING WAS JUST NOT RIGHT LAST YEAR FOR ME?

Great post Corky.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:22 pm

betting on your own team...isnt that unlucky? ;)

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:35 pm

keep your coins in your pocket corky boy - the irons are going up !!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:44 pm

I have to ask our west ham friend, has michael jackson ever questionned you lot blowing bubbles , its a bit sick really when you think about. monkeys dont really understand....... sheep sheep sheep shaggers ! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:47 pm

bobbankbandit wrote:I have to ask our west ham friend, has michael jackson ever questionned you lot blowing bubbles , its a bit sick really when you think about. monkeys dont really understand....... sheep sheep sheep shaggers ! :ayatollah:

never heard that one before - is it a new one ?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:56 pm

youve been registered for 2 years and didnt realise we shag sheep.... mate, dont take me on, you'll lose. "im forever shagging brady, karen brady up the arse, she trys to scream, succumbs to citys dream, :ayatollah: and flies the nest so fast.... cardiff are the best team, better than ive ever seen, im forever cardiff city, cardiff city top of the league ! get into em fuk em up, get into em fuk em up