Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CHRIS HUGHTON "

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:33 pm

I am hearing he def wants the job as long as the current board will back him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If Hughton gets the Job and I Really Hope so, Then as long as we are patient and give him time I really Believe Hughton will Deliver US SUCCESS and Will be here for Many Years.

If Hughton gets the Job, to me This will Show me the Current Owners/Director Mean Business and Are planning properly for the Future.

Di Matteo, I would also feel the same about, but he is my second choice of the current Managers that have been interviewd.

If we chose some one like Mark Robins, in My Opinion we would be going back wards, but I would still give him my support.

Of course My type of Managers have always been the Neil Warnocks/Ian Holloways, BUT they are not in the Equation, SO FOR ME ITS CHRIS HUGHTON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " CHRIS HUGHTON "

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 pm

I can hear it in the terraces " CHRIS HUGHTONS BARMY ARMY " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm 100% with you on this one Annis! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:37 pm

mr bluesky wrote:I can hear it in the terraces " CHRIS HUGHTONS BARMY ARMY " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I HAVENT SANG A MANAGERS NAME FOR OVER 6 YRS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

GETTING EXCITED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:38 pm

I cant understand why the club would even consider any one else if they have RDM and CH willing too take the job :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Just answer me this:

Why do you think Hughton would be a good manager for us?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Hope he brings his own backroom staff in and a good no 2.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mr bluesky wrote:I can hear it in the terraces " CHRIS HUGHTONS BARMY ARMY " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I HAVENT SANG A MANAGERS NAME FOR OVER 6 YRS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

nore me.....
unless i have joined in with other teams songs ;) :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:44 pm

birchblue wrote:Hope he brings his own backroom staff in and a good no 2.

He never had a number 2 since Colin Calderwood left.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am hearing he def wants the job as long as the current board will back him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If Hughton gets the Job and I Really Hope so, Then as long as we are patient and give him time I really Believe Hughton will Deliver US SUCCESS and Will be here for Many Years.

If Hughton gets the Job, to me This will Show me the Current Owners/Director Mean Business and Are planning properly for the Future.

Di Matteo, I would also feel the same about, but he is my second choice of the current Managers that have been interviewd.

If we chose some one like Mark Robins, in My Opinion we would be going back wards, but I would still give him my support.

Of course My type of Managers have always been the Neil Warnocks/Ian Holloways, BUT they are not in the Equation, SO FOR ME ITS CHRIS HUGHTON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree Annis CH is the right man to take the club forward and dare I say it unite the fans unlike DJ who split the fans.

But GJ needs to press on with this appointment because the club wasted 2 weeks making a decision to get rid of DJ, 2 wasted weeks IMO on a decision that should have taken 2 minutes.

Interesting that the club has said it has consulted various football experts to get feedback on potential candidates. Does that mean the club are short of football experts :?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:45 pm

milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

nore me.....
unless i have joined in with other teams songs ;) :lol:

:lol: :ayatollah:
I've told a Manager what I think of him, Burnley away this Season, Face on with him. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:46 pm

no decision until next week though? :o

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:47 pm

WELL LETS GIVE IT TO HIM...THE BOARD WILL BACK HIM COS THEY WANT PREM FOOTBALL....NOW GIVE HIM THE JOB BOYS ...COME ON.....I WANT HIM !!

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am hearing he def wants the job as long as the current board will back him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree Annis CH is the right man to take the club forward and dare I say it unite the fans unlike DJ who split the fans.

But GJ needs to press on with this appointment because the club wasted 2 weeks making a decision to get rid of DJ, 2 wasted weeks IMO on a decision that should have taken 2 minutes.

Interesting that the club has said it has consulted various football experts to get feedback on potential candidates. Does that mean the club are short of football experts :?

Gary, I agree Hughton will Unite the Fans. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Yes Gethin Jenkins needs to Sort this out now and it is worrying they are now Consulting with out side experts, whats that all about, Hmm

i beat you to it at bath away pre season ;) but it wasnt DJ....

who ever takes over, im certain it will hughton, either way cant wait for the season to get going :ayatollah:

Re: " Dave Jones "

If Jones gets the Job and I Really Hope so, Then as long as we are patient and give him time I really Believe Jones will Deliver US SUCCESS and Will be here for Many Years.

If Jones gets the Job, to me This will Show me the Current Owners/Director Mean Business and Are planning properly for the Future.

Of course My type of Managers have always been the Neil Warnocks/Ian Holloways, BUT they are not in the Equation, SO FOR ME ITS DAVE JONES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

YOU SURE ABOUT THAT ANNIS ???? I must have got crossed wires thought you didnt like him :D

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bloody hell :o Im agreeing with Annis :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:54 pm

I think Chris Hughton would be a reasonable appointment but the only worry I have is that he doesn't have a lot of experience in managing clubs himself as he's spent the majority of his career as a number 2 at first Spurs then Newcastle. From a personal point of view I think we'd of done well to try and get someone like Nigel Pearson or Tony Mowbray, two men who have vast experience if football management and especially at Championship level.

Still whoever gets the job I wish the best and hope they are backed by the board and given the cash to bring in the relevant new faces needed to either get us up or at least finish in the play-offs again this coming season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Why are we now saying that we wil give new manager time and years to get us up ?

If a new manager wants to improve us then he has to follow his predescor or its futile sacking him , so 3rd place or automatic otherwise we are going backwards

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:03 pm

I must of missed something, but I can't seem to find a Cardiff City squad full of Prem players worth around 50 million.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:

Yes he did, Paul Barron was appointed as no.2 after Calderwood left.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:06 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

Agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bloody hell :o Im agreeing with Annis :lol:

Bloody hell :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Totally agree Annis,

Anyone else and it would be like taking 2 steps forward and 10 back!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bring on CH and CB hopefully to get us to the Promised land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:08 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Totally agree Annis,

Anyone else and it would be like taking 2 steps forward and 10 back!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bring on CH and CB hopefully to get us to the Promised land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Jules, Now that would be very very exciting :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:

Yes he did, Paul Barron was appointed as no.2 after Calderwood left.

Barron was the GK coach.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Which is why I made the point of saying that the new manager needs to be given cash in the transfer market otherwise with the threadbare squad we currently have we can't expect to finish as high as the previous two seasons. Therefore it may take the new manager slightly longer to fine tune his squad and get us playing his way. Again tough if he is given cash and makes signings relevant to those positions that are in need of improvement then there's no reason he can't take us up next season.

Going to be a frustrating summer I think, every day waiting to hear of news of first who the new manager is going to be then of any new signings, roll on August 6th.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Agree, although prefer RDM either one is of the description we need, and both will take the club forward. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:22 pm

So hope we get him. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Hopefully Jol's appointment at Fulham doesn't put a spanner in the works. Hopefully his agent is giving him sound advice - assuming that it is Rob Segal, the agent appears to have strong Tottenham links from the Jol/Hughton era.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Chris Hughton appears to build teams from the back, his tactics are based on solid
defence, no team in history has ever won f**k all without a solid defence, so I am
happy if he is the front runner.

Perhaps a decision has been delayed based on what he says HE needs to be able to
deliver the goods, or what other applicants have said. Perhaps old Vinnie T is off
working out the available finances for the coming season to coincide with what the
applicants want to spend on players. Who knows?

but im sure we'll get it right!!!