Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Midfielder will be our first signing

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:37 pm

In my opinion...someone like Alan Smith but probably not him...or do you think it may be a goalkeeper...what are your views....defence does not look bad to me

Re: Midfielder will be our first signing

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Lee Bowyer?
Jmmy Bullard.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 pm

I wouldnt be looking for a goalkeeper at all, im more than happy with Heaton and Marshall who I think are more than capable.
Defence is ok, I wouldnt mind letting Gypes and Naylor go and replacing them but otherwise the others are solid enough.

Midfield is a big problem though, we need a couple of wide players and central players. I do have a feeling we may see moreof Blake under a new manager, maybe in CM.

We also need a Jay preplacement as Parkin isnt the answer week in week out.

So basically yeah agreed we need a midfielder :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:40 pm

How about Lee Bowyer?

We really need an experienced battler in the midfield who can be captain material and very influential to other players

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Bullards wages are 45k a week thats stupid money for what he is

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:48 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Bullards wages are 45k a week thats stupid money for what he is

You are definitely right about the stupid money bit, but his contract will run down and he may move for less. Doubt it but worth a look.
Plus he looks like a pirate, which amuses me.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:52 pm

griff105 wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:Bullards wages are 45k a week thats stupid money for what he is

You are definitely right about the stupid money bit, but his contract will run down and he may move for less. Doubt it but worth a look.
Plus he looks like a pirate, which amuses me.

a pirate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Jimmy Bullard is a fantastic player for the championship, he was outstanding against us down here last season.

Would love him to come here, A hard working midfielder who can score goals :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:57 pm

a prick? yes

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

a prick? yes

ouch !!! harsh but there is some truth in it :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Bullard will end up at Norwich or QPR

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:10 pm

In my opinion,
Goalkeepers,heaton and Marshall are ok but someone a notch above could be vital !(kenny at qpr last season)
Defense,not too worried here with gerrard back in parnership with keinan maybe ,Quinn and mcnaughton as full backs ,2 back up players needed here !!
Midfield,our achilles heel for a number of seasons,as far as im aware we only have mcphail ,whitts and maybe Blake ,I would like to see some epirienced players brought in here ,players around 25 to 30'who want to settle in Cardiff for the next 3 years.I think we've lacked mental toughness in this department in recent times.
Strikers, the way dj played (442) it was up to Jay or f**k all else!
We have Parkin and chops , needless to say we need at least 2 more ( bellars I hope)!!
It'll be interesting to say the least ,what system will be play,who'll be comeing in ?
New manager is over to you !!!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I wouldnt be looking for a goalkeeper at all, im more than happy with Heaton and Marshall who I think are more than capable.
Defence is ok, I wouldnt mind letting Gypes and Naylor go and replacing them but otherwise the others are solid enough.

Midfield is a big problem though, we need a couple of wide players and central players. I do have a feeling we may see moreof Blake under a new manager, maybe in CM.

Strange how we all look at the team differently. I am a nervous wreck with both Heaton & Marshall - I would love to see stats for the league for shots on target/goals , totally off the top of my head but I would bet Heaton is towards the bottom.

I've heard Bowyer being mentioned, an absolute prick of a bloke, but exactly the kind of player we've been lacking for years.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Deffinatly need a new keeper, the two we have got are not commanding enough , with a good organiser and talker our defence would be more effective and concentrate for the whole game and not switch off like they have done over the last few seasons, costing us plenty of points in the closing stages of games.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Goalkeepers - 1

Defence - 1 left back

Midfield - 2 wingers, 3 central

Strikers - 1 target man, 1 goal scorer (Earnie)

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I wouldnt be looking for a goalkeeper at all, im more than happy with Heaton and Marshall who I think are more than capable.

Agree with what you said other than Blake, can't see him in midfield tbh

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:51 pm

boyo1927 wrote:

Agree with what you said other than Blake, can't see him in midfield tbh

I personally wouldnt put him in CM but just think a new manager may, we lack numbers and especially someone who can put it about and get stuck in. Could be an option

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:54 pm

princebluegaz wrote:In my opinion,
Goalkeepers,heaton and Marshall are ok but someone a notch above could be vital !(kenny at qpr last season)
Defense,not too worried here with gerrard back in parnership with keinan maybe ,Quinn and mcnaughton as full backs ,2 back up players needed here !!
Midfield,our achilles heel for a number of seasons,as far as im aware we only have mcphail ,whitts and maybe Blake ,I would like to see some epirienced players brought in here ,players around 25 to 30'who want to settle in Cardiff for the next 3 years.I think we've lacked mental toughness in this department in recent times.
We have Parkin and chops , needless to say we need at least 2 more ( bellars I hope)!!
It'll be interesting to say the least ,what system will be play,who'll be comeing in ?

If I went for a keeper - I'd have to go for WESTWOOD from coventry..... (now is he still available, cos I fucked up once this morning!! :lol: )

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:55 pm

corky wrote:In my opinion...someone like Alan Smith but probably not him...or do you think it may be a goalkeeper...what are your views....defence does not look bad to me

Missed a good one today...Will Buckley for £1m to Brighton. What a fking bargain!!! That would have been a great start in our rebuilding process.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Also Brum are sniffing around Marlon King. Apparently he still hasn't signed his new contract with Coventry. Tw@t or not he will score goals in this league. Not having a manager at the moment means we are going to miss out on a few bargains.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Merlin wrote:
princebluegaz wrote:In my opinion,

If I went for a keeper - I'd have to go for WESTWOOD from coventry..... (now is he still available, cos I fucked up once this morning!! :lol: )

I like Westwood but im sure he will get a prem move.
Also I think having Marshall, Heaton and Westwood on the wage bill is a bit much and I dont think its as easy as we think to get rid of players especially those handed contracts by Ridsdale

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Both Andy Reid & Michael Brown are both availble on a free transfer and the sort of players we need if we could get a full season out of McPhail

Both score goals and are not afraid to get stuck in

Giles Barnes is also availble, if he could stay fit he could be a great signong

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:Both Andy Reid & Michael Brown are both availble on a free transfer and the sort of players we need if we could get a full season out of McPhail

Both score goals and are not afraid to get stuck in

Giles Barnes is also availble, if he could stay fit he could be a great signong

would love to get brown to be our first midfield signing!! but theres to many to choose from at the moment including reocoker, giles barnes the list goes on!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Goalkeeper
Current - Heaton, Marshall
In - Stuart Taylor
Out - Marshall (If we can sell for £500k)

Defence
Current - McNaughton, Naylor, Quinn, Hudson, Gerrad, Keinan, Gyepes
In - Eric Lichaj
Out - Naylor (Free), Gyepes (£200k)

Midfield
Current - Whittingham, McPhail, Blake, Wildig.
In - Gilles Barnes, Michael Brown, Tamir Cohen, Zoltan Gera & Daniel De Ridder
Out - None

Attack
Current - Chopra, Parkin
In - James Beattie, Simon Cox, Robert Earnshaw, Craig Bellamy
Out - Michael Chopra (£1m+)

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:56 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

a prick? yes

ouch !!! harsh but there is some truth in it :lol:

i dont like him, he seems openly greedy if you will, sounds weird but aye , just dunt like the kid :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:57 pm

bakircioglu wrote:Goalkeeper
Current - Heaton, Marshall
In - Stuart Taylor
Out - Marshall (If we can sell for £500k)

Defence
Current - McNaughton, Naylor, Quinn, Hudson, Gerrad, Keinan, Gyepes
In - Eric Lichaj
Out - Naylor (Free), Gyepes (£200k)

Midfield
Current - Whittingham, McPhail, Blake, Wildig.
In - Gilles Barnes, Michael Brown, Tamir Cohen, Zoltan Gera & Daniel De Ridder
Out - None

Attack
Current - Chopra, Parkin
In - James Beattie, Simon Cox, Robert Earnshaw, Craig Bellamy
Out - Michael Chopra (£1m+)

i agree with all expect id keep marshall :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:01 pm

We definitely need to sign at least 3 or 4 midfielders. I can't see us signing more than 1 defender as we allready have quinny, darcy, huds, gerrrard, gyepes, keinan, naylor and super kev! We need a couple of stikers in and maybe another decent GK just in case they get injured again like this year.

We need to get a lot of players in imo as our squad is very low on numbers. But it is very important to get quality players in as well. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Whats the current situation on Marshalls and Heatons injury records ?? i would be happy with Both keepers. I do agree that we need to strengthen all areas up. We Need a bit of fire in midfeild somebody to wind the other side up a bit. somebody like a a gattuso/ robbie savage type player imo plus we need some creativety aswell. I would like to see Jobi McAnuff or Routlegde Back at the City. City need to keep hold off whittingham at all costs. i think we need to sign sumbody like Earnshaw or Cameron Jerome back at the club or both but if it was up to me id give Phil Stant a call (mike bassett style) and ask him to get down the gym and hes back in the bluebird shirt next season lol :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: