Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE JERKS AND NORWICH

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Have paid top dollar for"championship" players would it be the same for us ?

Re: THE JERKS AND NORWICH

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:32 pm

We'd be signing 34 year old former greats on 50k a week!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:59 pm

I'd much rather the Swans sign a young hungry goalscorer like Graham than say a over the hill has been who's winding down his career.Kevin Phillips for example or Eidur Gudjohnsson.

If you signed Graham then you'd be doing cartwheels,and that my friends is a fact,although you'll never admit it,which i understand.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Graham scored 24 goals in a mediocre Watford side and was the divisions top scorer. Quite an achievement and puts Morison's 15 goals in a side that finished 9th into perspective really.

What more would you have liked himto have done?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Blackswan ,if we signed Graham I would be doing cartwheels, so there I've just admitted it !
Proven championship player ,premiership different world ??
He looks a good player but so did many others chopra springs to mind ,bothroyd will be another !!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:24 pm

princebluegaz wrote:Blackswan ,if we signed Graham I would be doing cartwheels, so there I've just admitted it !
Proven championship player ,premiership different world ??
He looks a good player but so did many others chopra springs to mind ,bothroyd will be another !!

Time will tell,but with our wingers and now a proven goalscorer,i feel we'll cause teams a few problems up there.All we need now is a full back and centre half and we're not far off.Bodde coming back is huge for us,if he stays fit.Not sure if you've seen him play.but this guy has the potential to take the PL by storm,Charlie Adam style :D

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:00 pm

i agree ,only time will tell,i also agree "proven goalscorer"at championshiop level ,i also agree you need more defenders,the team you replaced "blackpool "were very strong going forward ,but could not keep them out ,thats why they went down !!!!
i thought charlie adam was sheer class last season ,a rare find for a small club!
i havnt seen bodde play in the flesh ,but ive heard good things about him from my jerk mates ,indeed to have that talent and not be able to use it is a tradegy(the guy needs some luck)his anterior ligament injury didnt stand up to championship football ,to expect him to be on a par with charlie adam in the premiership is in my opinion "pushing it a bit" but lets see what happens !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:11 pm

ffs wrote:We'd be signing 34 year old former greats on 50k a week!

fowler was on ssn saying how great jones was last week lol yawn !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:18 pm

blackswan wrote:I'd much rather the Swans sign a young hungry goalscorer like Graham than say a over the hill has been who's winding down his career.Kevin Phillips for example or Eidur Gudjohnsson.

If you signed Graham then you'd be doing cartwheels,and that my friends is a fact,although you'll never admit it,which i understand.

The guy who started the thread wasn't having a go if you read it properly so why the attitude?? For the record Yes I would love to sign him and so would most City fans I guess. Not sure if he's got the pace to survive in the Prem but you are about to find out and good luck to you. Personally, after the initial shock of you going up instead of us I've pretty much come to terms with it. After all it's about the Club that you support and not about any other team. Who knows where our respective teams will be in 12 months time. Personally I try very hard not to hate your club but it's difficult when you have a Chairman who continually has sly digs at us, players and ex players who use foul language about us on flags, celebrity fans who continually have a pop and even your manager (who I thought was a good guy) joining in too. But I think I understand the root of it all so let it all flow under the bridge.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:21 pm

moonboots wrote:
blackswan wrote:I'd much rather the Swans sign a young hungry goalscorer like Graham than say a over the hill has been who's winding down his career.Kevin Phillips for example or Eidur Gudjohnsson.

The guy who started the thread wasn't having a go if you read it properly so why the attitude?? For the record Yes I would love to sign him and so would most City fans I guess. Not sure if he's got the pace to survive in the Prem but you are about to find out and good luck to you. Personally, after the initial shock of you going up instead of us I've pretty much come to terms with it. After all it's about the Club that you support and not about any other team. Who knows where our respective teams will be in 12 months time. Personally I try very hard not to hate your club but it's difficult when you have a Chairman who continually has sly digs at us, players and ex players who use foul language about us on flags, celebrity fans who continually have a pop and even your manager (who I thought was a good guy) joining in too. But I think I understand the root of it all so let it all flow under the bridge.

It's called rivalry and banter.No one dies,it's ok.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:21 pm

NJ73 wrote:Graham scored 24 goals in a mediocre Watford side and was the divisions top scorer. Quite an achievement and puts Morison's 15 goals in a side that finished 9th into perspective really.

watford mediocre ,apart from qpr the best side i saw down the ccs last season ,financial problems have forced them to cash in on buckley and graham !!
if they could have kept them ,and added one or two they could have been a force next season ,just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:37 pm

moonboots wrote:

spot on moonboots,i started the thread to gauge opinion from my fellow bluebirds ,but there you go aye !!!obsessive behaviour at its worst :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 pm

going back to my earlier thread,if the bluebirds go up ,would the financial backing of the malaysians enable us to look for proven premiership players ,rather than promising chanpionship players :ayatollah:
WOULD IT BE THE SAME FOR US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:01 pm

NJ73 wrote:Graham scored 24 goals in a mediocre Watford side and was the divisions top scorer. Quite an achievement and puts Morison's 15 goals in a side that finished 9th into perspective really.

Graham is a good championship striker-unproven but could be a very good signing. Hope he scores less than 5....

Watford were not mediocre-attacking wise they were excellent. Defensively they were shit. Now where have i heard that......

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Graham is a good championship striker-unproven but could be a very good signing. Hope he scores less than 5....

Watford were not mediocre-attacking wise they were excellent. Defensively they were shit. Now where have i heard that......

Mediocre in the sense of their final league position. I'd rather sign a proven, young, hungry Championship player than an over the hill mercenary any day of the week.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:05 pm

blackswan wrote:
moonboots wrote:

It's called rivalry and banter.No one dies,it's ok.

I know that banterman but my point was that the guy wasn't having a go, which seems to have flown straight over your head. Also you were wrong on another point ie Several of us including me were happy to admit that we'd like to sign Graham, so wrong again. Banter is fine but read the threads properly otherwise wind ups don't work as well. Take it you must be board with your board to spend so much time on here!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 pm

NJ73 wrote:]

Mediocre in the sense of their final league position. I'd rather sign a proven, young, hungry Championship player than an over the hill mercenary any day of the week.

Agreed-however you do need to add a couple of experienced players to get the right blend.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Agreed-however you do need to add a couple of experienced players to get the right blend.

Indeed.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 pm

moonboots wrote:
blackswan wrote:
moonboots wrote:

I know that banterman but my point was that the guy wasn't having a go, which seems to have flown straight over your head. Also you were wrong on another point ie Several of us including me were happy to admit that we'd like to sign Graham, so wrong again. Banter is fine but read the threads properly otherwise wind ups don't work as well. Take it you must be board with your board to spend so much time on here!!

You seem uptight.Try and relax a bit more.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:21 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Indeed.[/quote
I agree with your comment "buying up and comeing players as opposed to old stagers"
Couldn't agree more !he'll be a force when your back in the championship next year !! :lol: :lol: