Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MICHAEL CHOPRA TO BE SOLD ? " Hmm

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:29 pm

Ipswich Town bid for Chopra

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

IPSWICH Town have submitted a bid for Cardiff City striker Michael Chopra, http://www.greenun24.co.uk understands.

The Blues were last month linked with a cut-price £1 million move for the striker and we now understand Town have made a formal bid for the 27-year-old, who scored 11 goals in 27 starts last season.

It was believed that Chopra’s future would remain on hold until a new manager was appointed at Cardiff.

But Paul Jewell has moved to test the water with Chopra out of contract next year.

It is the second successive summer Town have been linked with the player, who was a top target for Roy Keane 12 months ago.

Re: " MICHAEL CHOPRA TO BE SOLD ? " Hmm

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Suppose it will all depend on the new manager,if he could get chops back to his best then it'd be like signin a new striker then i'd be tempted to keep him

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:32 pm

All the best if true, but the only stories linking him away from the club seem to be coming from website's which run off rumors.

Would love for a manager to come in and just have a blank canvas to work with. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Great news. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:34 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:All the best if true, but the only stories linking him away from the club seem to be coming from website's which run off rumors.

Would love for a manager to come in and just have a blank canvas to work with. :ayatollah:

Its the Ipswich evening Newspaper.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:34 pm

get rid of the VIRUS now while we can, :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Really hope this isn't true, at 1m it could turn out to be as bad a business as the Ramsey deal.

He still has everything to offer under a new manger.

id take a mil for him to be honest, replace with tyson or earnshaw on a free, 1mil to spend on strengthening elsewhere....

That's what i think. Chops will stay until a new manager is appointed. Interesting what CH view might be on Chopra though.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:36 pm

good riddance! Id take anything we could get for him!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:37 pm

This story has been knocking about for a bit and there seems to be increasing credence in it.

I like Chopra as a player but it seems the boy is a piss poor pro. Provided any money from the sale can be re-invested in new players I would cash in on Chops.

I would be surprised if we actually got more than £1m for him though.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:37 pm

would we really miss him :old: too pist allways gambling to much money to big an ego :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 pm

yeah. i wont loose no sleep over him :roll:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:42 pm

i think we should bite their hand off at a mil for him,
better than him staying for another season and leaving on a free at the end...

he has not come out an apologized to any fans, or stated his intentions to kick on and try harder for next season....

There are plenty of equally good strikers out there available that would love to have the opp to play for us...

whos that Going over the hill its michael chopra , michael chopra!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:11 pm

i think we got the best years out of him and should sell up
bring an end to this whole drinking problem story by getting rid of the last player involved.
plenty of decent strikers available on a free who could easily replace him *coughs earnshaw coughs*

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:15 pm

I bet they up their offer to £1.5 Mill.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:16 pm

If he joins Ipswich then I have no doubt he will be the leagues top scorer.

Earnie is good but not in the same league as chops now. And as for Tyson :?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Looking at CCFC as a business, you still have to negotiate a better price than £1m.

Even if he never plays for us again, I think releasing him for £1m would be a mistake that could turn around and bite us on the arse!

Wait for the new manager - and see what he wants to do - work with him, or the cash! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 pm

We need to keep him and the new manager needs to give him a run and a chance,we can always offload in January

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I bet they up their offer to £1.5 Mill.

be a bit odd selling him before manager comes in? any of the managers we are linked with could well want to use chops but i suppose it depends on chops .................. if he wants to leave or not.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Denzil wrote:We need to keep him and the new manager needs to give him a run and a chance,we can always offload in January

I agree with you Denzil :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Time to say goodbye to him another talent wasted on booze gambling,he should have been the player to have scored the goals to have taken us out of the league . Any good offer should be accepted for him.The wages we save can pay two good players who want to play for us as we have a major rebuild to do this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Denzil wrote:We need to keep him and the new manager needs to give him a run and a chance,we can always offload in January

so you still believe that chopra has something to offer then Annis ?? even after drinkgate ???

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Chopra is one of many City players who are/were in a "comfort" zone at our club, thanks to the "old" management regime at Cardiff City.
"A new brush sweeps clean"!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:02 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:get rid of the VIRUS now while we can, :ayatollah:

totally agree :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:10 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

so you still believe that chopra has something to offer then Annis ?? even after drinkgate ???

Andrew,

If the right manager gets his hands on him yes, Hughton I believe could still get the Best out of him. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Seems everyone was willing to give jeanne jeanne another chance but not chops, I find that very strange indeed.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 pm

We all know jonesy lost the dressing room and our chops is like the rest of us, likes a pint and a punt. Difference is the boy is gifted and under the right guidance from a passionate manager to remind him of his responsibilities and the fact he is a professional footballer, i think he can still do a job for us, he lost his way under jones. give the boy a chance...... whats that coming over the hill...if you allow someone to relax in their working surroundings they will, human nature, kick up the arse and time will tell. if he doesnt want to play for us then thats difference, move on. but i think he does.....

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 pm

With the squad we curently have, we definitely need to keep Chops. On his day he can rip this league apart.

Perhaps a new manager will kick start his impressive goal-scoring record again. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:30 pm

bye bye chubbalar!

stay off the booze mate.

PS. Lose some weight, you might actually be able to score then rather than be the sugarpuff monster.