Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MICHAEL CHOPRA TO BE SOLD ? " Hmm

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:35 pm

and then we are left with.... Parkin...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:07 am

£1m :lol: Yes please! I said at the time we should never have brought him bag. He's a waste of space

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:53 am

At 27/28 Chopra is coming into is prime and it would be suicidal of the club to get rid of him before a new manager is appointed !!!

With the right style of play and good tactics Chopra will score you 20+ a season guaranteed !!!
Injures permitting
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:13 am

Its nothing wrong with a pint or a bet but in moderation, i think chops could rule the championship and with a shove be a half decent premier player, but i think no matter how gifted you are if you dont want to be the best u wont be it. Example tevez not a trickster as fast as chops but plays every match likes he wants to be man of the match and thats all.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:58 am

Watch Ipswich improve their offer. Hmm

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:13 am

how much do you think he is now worth annis?

with graham backing 20+ goals, morrison nr 20 and chops forms dropping last yr , do u think we would get anywhere nr 2 mil for him?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:29 am

The question we should ask is can our club afford to let another player run down their contract and leave on a free transfer, in the last year we have seen Ledley, Bothroyd, Burke and Matthews leave with the club receiving only minimal compensation for training cost.

At one time those players had a combined transfer value of £10m+ but the club received peanuts against that value, can the club afford to lose out on a fee for Chopra? my guess is no.

The club needs to do its best to maximise the price for Chopra then sell, as probably the top wage earner at the club that may also free up additional funds which may see the new manager fund 2 players out of the current cost for one.

The FL AGM is about to take place in Cyprus and one of the main topics on discussion is the reduction of debt amongst the 72 FL clubs, Division 2 clubs are already under a requirement to limit wage costs to 60% of revenue and the question is will clubs agree to extend that wage cap to League 1 and the Championship.

From next season there will be a further drop in TV revenue for FL clubs from the SKY agreement and if there is going to be a serious move to reduce costs in FL clubs we need to offload the high earners at the club. Chopra is I believe No1 with Hudson not far behind.

Sell Chopra now and get moving on the Bosman players who are available for free thats my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:49 am

Some players are just past helping, I think that one of DJ's strongests points was that he got players to play for him, there have been exceptions, but he was good at turning players around as well. What has happened to Chopra, is not down to DJ. Chops seems to be one of those players that needs to keep move on every few years to start again. He needs the move and so do we as we cannot afford wages of 20k on someone who has lost respect not for the manager but for the club.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:49 am

jamesbarnett91 wrote:bye bye chubbalar!

stay off the booze mate.

PS. Lose some weight, you might actually be able to score then rather than be the sugarpuff monster.

He got 11 goals last season when a lot of the time he was injured. Not a bad return