Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What is hughtons style of play?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Does he have a certain way he likes his team to play or does he mix it up alot? Hoofball,passing play etc

Re: What is hughtons style of play?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:47 pm

I think he plays what I like to call 'winning football'. So I'm assuming wing play, balls into the box, one midfielder sit and one attack.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:01 pm

His teams are hard working, close down quickly. Gets it wide and get plenty of deliveries into the box. Likes a 4-4-1-1 with a big man

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 pm

I don't think you can really determine what his exact style of play is yet, since he's only had one job as a manager so far and that was at Newcastle.

eighty_8 wrote:His teams are hard working, close down quickly. Gets it wide and get plenty of deliveries into the box. Likes a 4-4-1-1 with a big man

I think he went with the big man up front in a 4-4-1-1 as he had Andy Carroll up front :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:32 pm

It depends on the squad he had to work with.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I don't think you can really determine what his exact style of play is yet, since he's only had one job as a manager so far and that was at Newcastle.

eighty_8 wrote:His teams are hard working, close down quickly. Gets it wide and get plenty of deliveries into the box. Likes a 4-4-1-1 with a big man

I think he went with the big man up front in a 4-4-1-1 as he had Andy Carroll up front :lol:

we have Parkin who is at a much higher level.

ImageImage