Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Graham good signing?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Time will tell but I think if we had got promoted he may have been a target for us...again who knows?

Re: Graham good signing?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Hes youngs, and seems to have a good sight at goal, IMO I think hes a great signing for the jacks

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Well he looked pretty useful up at Watford on the 28th December :cry:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Prefer him to Morison.

Don't think he is worth 3.5m but with 90m available they can afford an extra million

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Not for that money, think Maynard when fully fit would be better value.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:41 pm

He hasn't signed.

He's agreed personal terms... scheduled for medical.

Again, remember Marcus Bent?

And, why with the medical to do, contract to sign, would Graham go on holiday rather than completing the deal?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:43 pm

not really.

we need earnie back.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:59 am

nerd wrote:He hasn't signed.

And, why with the medical to do, contract to sign, would Graham go on holiday rather than completing the deal?

You keep clutching at the the belief he wont sign,nerd :D It's quite amusing watching you cling to the hope he wont sign.He was already on holiday when the deal went through,its what his agent is there for,to sort out the deal while he's away.Technology,mobile phones,emails are used nowadays,and a quick 'yes,i want to go to Swansea',over the blower would suffice :D

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:22 am

Ive heared a rumour that the Jacks are now after Marcos Senna ???

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:27 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Ive heared a rumour that the Jacks are now after Marcos Senna ???

Just another name thrown into the hat.He used to be a good player if i remember a few years back,wasn't it villareal he played for?? He's 35 now though so might not have the hunger to compete in the PL,i'd rather we looked elewhere tbh.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 am

blackswan wrote:

You keep clutching at the the belief he wont sign,nerd :D It's quite amusing watching you cling to the hope he wont sign.He was already on holiday when the deal went through,its what his agent is there for,to sort out the deal while he's away.Technology,mobile phones,emails are used nowadays,and a quick 'yes,i want to go to Swansea',over the blower would suffice :D

Hardly "clutching at straws" as I really couldn't care less about him - don't rate him anyway.

My point is you and others are proclaiming "he's signed".

Look at Huw Jenkins comment before counting your chickens. Note the mention of "after he returns from holiday".

Ooops. You could still easily be gazumped by QPR or another club. It happened to us with Marcus Bent, has happened to numerous clubs throughout history...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 am

nerd wrote:
blackswan wrote:

Hardly "clutching at straws" as I really couldn't care less about him - don't rate him anyway.

My point is you and others are proclaiming "he's signed".

Look at Huw Jenkins comment before counting your chickens. Note the mention of "after he returns from holiday".

Ooops. You could still easily be gazumped by QPR or another club. It happened to us with Marcus Bent, has happened to numerous clubs throughout history...

I take your point but I think we've got him.It's not unusual for a footballer to shoot off on holidays as soon as the season has finished.And as i said earlier,its the agents who do all the talking on behalf of their clients.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:26 am

blackswan wrote:I take your point but I think we've got him.It's not unusual for a footballer to shoot off on holidays as soon as the season has finished.And as i said earlier,its the agents who do all the talking on behalf of their clients.

Yeah, but it's never certain. QPR, for example, now know precisely the price. Watford accepted 3.5m, so there's no motivation for them to not offer the same. Makes no odds to Watford where he goes. QPR can afford higher wages than you can. Equally, graham and family wouldn't have to relocate either.

Hence it's not a certainty; as we well learnt from Bent.